GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Wow. I had no idea so much went into this event on the fans' end. This thread has certainly exploded into a hub of activity since the last time I visited!

I just have to say that you guys are so awesome. I mean, you're all working to meet each other/hang out, while spending time Amanda Tapping, and that is just so cool.

I know you still have weeks before the trip, but I really wanted to wish you all well! Have fun, take lots of pictures, document EVERYTHING...

Oh, what am I saying? You guys are planning on doing that anyway! I totally feel like I'm missing out on a once-in-a-lifetime event, but I'm so psyched that you guys are going. You're gonna have such a blast!

I've been trying to "Green for GABIT" all of the attendees on the thread, but GW isn't allowing me to rep ANYONE for the next 24 hours... So I'll just have to start again tomorrow!

Take care!

~ spaz
    Thanks Spaz for the good wishes. We will have a toast to our fellow GWorlders who can't be with us in person but will be in spirit.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
      With 100 glowsticks I'm sure they'll be one or two spare to light your way home, GateBee

[[ this time in 3 weeks I shall be getting on the coach at Nottingham for my journey to Heathrow ]]
      In 19 days, I get on the plane to come and terrorize London!

Crap! I really need to get on the ball.
      sigpic

Comment

Revised Gabit Green GW Get together drink list:

Betty: Pernod and blackcurrent
        ChopinGal: Rum, diet coke, wine.
        Dipsofjazz: Guinness, rum and coke.
        F.H. Bagpuss: DC with ice, iced mocha.
        Flippy: ??
        ForeverSG1 (Kat): Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water.
        Mr. Forever SG1: ??
        Gatebee: Tap water with lemon
        GateGipsy and Young Mr. Gipsy: Orange juice
        Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade.
        Rowan: ??
        Rune: Ginger Ale (out of a saucer per request.)
        Seabee: Cider, Strongbow; iced coffee.

I am so bad, it has been pages and pages since I posted the list.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
          (((((((((baggie)))))))))) You are really getting into the swing of this!!!! I dont think any con thread has been so well managed!
          Wow ! Thank you for the compliments !
          In all honesty,I'm actually quite nervy about Gabit...I don't want anything to go wrong,and I'm rather anxious for even the meet/dinner to be the best experience it can possibly be for us all .

I also enjoy organising things...and I'm so looking forward to all this !
          (I can only imagine Amanda's reaction to some of us wearing our Disco wigs and glowy things,lol ! I'd like to think she'd enjoy it ! Anyone got a Polaroid camera so she can be given or sent the evidence ?)

Originally posted by Kliggins
          Thanks Spaz for the good wishes. We will have a toast to our fellow GWorlders who can't be with us in person but will be in spirit.
          Wonderful idea,Kliggs !
          Question : Won't that make it rather difficult for Rune, given that you're still listing her as lapping from a saucer ?

Rune : Want a Stein or a pint glass instead ?

In 19 days, I get on the plane to come and terrorize London!

Crap! I really need to get on the ball.
          ROTFL ...look out everyone .The Kliggins is comin' !
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
            Question : Won't that make it rather difficult for Rune, given that you're still listing her as lapping from a saucer ?

ROTFL ...look out everyone .The Kliggins is comin' !
            No she can't have a Stein or pint glass instead! She requested a saucer and that is what she is stuck with.

I am sure she will handle the toast with grace and elegance, as she does everything in life.

Yes, I am definitely dropping in, but I am really very nice so there is no need to be looking out for me.
            sigpic

Comment

No she can't have a Stein or pint glass instead! She requested a saucer and that is what she is stuck with.
              I bet she'll disagree..
              I am sure she will handle the toast with grace and elegance, as she does everything in life.
              I'm sure she will. On the other hand,I'll be rather upset if there's no butter ,or marmalade,made available .
              Oh,sorry,you meant the liquid variety of toast .
              Yes, I am definitely dropping in, but I am really very nice so there is no need to be looking out for me.
              The quiet ones are the rowdiest,in disguise....or so I'm told !

Comment

I bet she'll disagree..
                And your point is?

Originally posted by FHB
                I'm sure she will. On the other hand,I'll be rather upset if there's no butter ,or marmalade,made available .
                Oh,sorry,you meant the liquid variety of toast .
                Yes, that kind where you lift your glass or saucer in Rune's case.

Originally posted by FHB
                The quiet ones are the rowdiest,in disguise....or so I'm told !
                I bet you know from experience.
                sigpic

Comment

Wow ! Thank you for the compliments !
                  In all honesty,I'm actually quite nervy about Gabit...I don't want anything to go wrong,and I'm rather anxious for even the meet/dinner to be the best experience it can possibly be for us all .
                  I think your nervous because its your first con. (i remember reading seabee is also nervous.)

Just relax and enjoy the build up. Its coming VERY fast. There will be plenty of old hands guide you through the event. LOL even Baby Gipsy has done this 'convention' thing before![/QUOTE]

As for the meal just relax into that as well."DONT PANIC Mr Manaring"

I also enjoy organising things...and I'm so looking forward to all this !
                  (I can only imagine Amanda's reaction to some of us wearing our Disco wigs and glowy things,lol ! I'd like to think she'd enjoy it ! Anyone got a Polaroid camera so she can be given or sent the evidence ?)
                  I'm kind hoping that AT will put in a short appearence. We will see.

anyway......
                  21 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi folks... need help...
                    I think there's a thread about this somewhere but I can't find it so if anyone can point me there please do... I am working on the quilt for GABIT... favourite sam quotes.... here's what i have so far. I need 38 in all. not too long please. the mobius take off of emanciation is about the limit and it has to be said by Sam without interaction from other charaters...

nominations please....

becks
                    the story so far...
                    Shouldn't the EM generator be pointed at the gate?
                    Go suck a lemon!
                    I don’t know why we wait to tell people how we really feel. I guess I hoped that you always knew
                    Just don’t look at the bookshelf
                    Next year......I'm gonna kick butt
                    Welcome to my life!
                    What's a girl to do?
                    Not exactly
                    I'm having a good time now, Sir
                    It was a honour serving with you too, Colonel.
                    It's all Phoenician to me
                    Were you this annoying when you were ascended?
                    I was shouting for you to hear
                    Y'know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water
                    Trust me it’s a math thing
                    Don’t get your hopes up this is a far as I’m going
                    Don’t look at me, I don’t know what to do!
                    In my world I am a warrior and a scholar, I do the work of men
                    You know you really will like me when you get to know me
                    Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week, couldn't you have just taken one day off?
                    I can’t believe we didn’t do this years ago
                    Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't... God! That's horrible! Who would ever say that?!?

Comment

And your point is?
                      Point is,I like being cheeky and stirring you twins up from time to time....
                      Yes, that kind where you lift your glass or saucer in Rune's case.
                      LOL ! You just aren't going to let Rune off that hook are you ?
                      I bet you know from experience.
                      I refuse to incriminate myself any more than I have already !

I think your nervous because its your first con. (i remember reading seabee is also nervous.)
                      Could be ! I think everyone's a bit nervous actually.Especially the Gabiteers who've got the furthest to travel ,and those who have health concerns.
                      *Fingers crossed we all get there*
                      Just relax and enjoy the build up. Its coming VERY fast. There will be plenty of old hands guide you through the event. LOL even Baby Gipsy has done this 'convention' thing before!
                      I'm trying to relax..almost there,in fact !
                      It's just that I've come to the conclusion after years of experience organising non-SG related events..that there's always a chance of Murphy's Law striking.
                      (Not trying to be negative,but I'm a pragmatist at heart !)
                      Come Gabit,I'll be ok,I promise .

As for the meal just relax into that as well."DONT PANIC Mr Manaring"
                      I'm not a panicker,Mal.
                      I'm kind hoping that AT will put in a short appearence. We will see.
                      Amanda would be so TOTALLY welcome,if she popped along,but I suggest nobody builds their hopes up too much for that,in case she can't make it.
                      (Permission to squee quietly if she does ?)
                      Originally posted by becky_preen
                      Hi folks... need help...
                      I think there's a thread about this somewhere but I can't find it so if anyone can point me there please do... I am working on the quilt for GABIT... favourite sam quotes.... here's what i have so far. I need 38 in all. not too long please. the mobius take off of emanciation is about the limit and it has to be said by Sam without interaction from other charaters...

nominations please....

becks
                      the story so far...
                      Shouldn't the EM generator be pointed at the gate?
                      Go suck a lemon!
                      I don’t know why we wait to tell people how we really feel. I guess I hoped that you always knew
                      Just don’t look at the bookshelf
                      Next year......I'm gonna kick butt
                      Welcome to my life!
                      What's a girl to do?
                      Not exactly
                      I'm having a good time now, Sir
                      It was a honour serving with you too, Colonel.
                      It's all Phoenician to me
                      Were you this annoying when you were ascended?
                      I was shouting for you to hear
                      Y'know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water
                      Trust me it’s a math thing
                      Don’t get your hopes up this is a far as I’m going
                      Don’t look at me, I don’t know what to do!
                      In my world I am a warrior and a scholar, I do the work of men
                      You know you really will like me when you get to know me
                      Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week, couldn't you have just taken one day off?
                      I can’t believe we didn’t do this years ago
                      Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't... God! That's horrible! Who would ever say that?!?
                      You've got some great quotes there already...but more required.I'm sure there are plenty other Sam quotes !
                      Props to you Becks.Your quilts are beautiful,imo !
                      (((((((((Becky)))))))))
                      If I can find some more quotes, I'll post them asap !

Comment

Originally posted by FHB Bagpuss
                        (((((Baggie))))) thank you so much for trying to divert the saucer-bearing war machine bent on my destruction that is Kliggs, you can see what I'm up against can't you?

*squee* 3 weeks today I'll be there

Comment

Yep ! I can see exactly what you're up against.
                          In 3 weeks time,I'll be enjoying watching you two bantering in person.

Will there be prizes ? You know the kind of thing.
                          Laurel leaves for the Victor..lettuce leaves for the loser ?

Comment

Yep ! I can see exactly what you're up against.
                            In 3 weeks time,I'll be enjoying watching you two bantering in person.

Will there be prizes ? You know the kind of thing.
                            Laurel leaves for the Victor..lettuce leaves for the loser ?
                            I may as well start chopping up the lollo rosso for you now then, Kliggs

Comment

Do you think it's some sort of omen that the evening before my firewalk I was kept awake by TWO fire engines parked outside my house!!!! Apparently, daft woman over the road had forgotten to turn her grill off and awoke to find her kitchen/hall filled with smoke. Nobody injured and the damage is all smoke damage so at least that's something

Anyway, the orange glowsticks arrived this morning so I've tested one to make sure they work (they do!) and put them to one side for Gabit. To whoever it was that asked about polaroid cameras - I do have one, do you want me to bring it along for the meet-up/disco? Am not planning on bringing any other cameras, am relying on everyone else to take some nice photos of AT

Some great quotes there for the quilt, Becky. All the best with it
                              LizWhite.net

Comment

Becks : I've hunted through the forum for threads with just Sam quotes,but had no luck. Quite a few "SG quote" threads,but some are very long !

Here are some Sam quotes anyway for your consideration (Ep title where I'm definite on source !):
                                "I've just never blown up a star before "
                                "We have a Plan B ?"
                                "It's theoretically possible "
                                "Why do I feel like I'm in a "Women behind bars" movie ?" (Hathor)
                                "Yeah..My career is over" Hathor)
                                "Normally neutrinos pass right through ordinary matter,no matter how dense. "
                                "And I was ..there"
                                "Think Bolivia !" (Avenger 2.0)

Those are all I can remember offhand,but there must be more !

Comment

Working...
                                X