GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verona View Post
    Aww! Becky no fun, drop a hint to the date you announce the date then everyone can have a countdown to the count down. Everyone will be happy confused but happy.
    Verona! Stop tempting my fellow Directors!

Mumsey and Becky, now you know we agreed no teasing the Samandans! Please don't be tempted. Leave them confused I say! <evil grin>

No date for AT4 or "date we announce the date" until we're ready.

Getting out duct tape and tranquiliser darts to pull fellow G4 into order in case they're tempted ....tsk tsk.....

We will not be pressured...We will not be pressured.....<sigh>

People! Give us time to get over one event before you want a date for the next! Sheesh.....give some people a promo and they want an actual date...

Julia
    G4
    Last edited by JuliaR; 12 May 2008, 10:01 AM. Reason: mistake
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Mumsey and Becky, now you know we agreed no teasing the Samandans! Please don't be tempted. Leave them confused I say! <evil grin>

Getting out duct tape and tranquiliser darts to pull fellow G4 into order in case they're tempted ....tsk tsk.....

People! Give us time to get over one event before you want a date for the next! Sheesh.....give some people a promo and they want an actual date...

Julia
      G4
      What no hint? I want to be teased! How bout what *season* your at least thinking about holding it in next year. Oh no..it *is* next year isnt it?

Comment

i got a date

__-__-2009

there you go. you got a 1 in 365 chance of guessing right

or one in 52 if you're going for weekends

better odds than the lottery
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i got a date

__-__-2009

My guess is...

November 6-8, 2009

What do we win if we guess correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i got a date

__-__-2009

My guess is September 18 - 20th, 2009

And only cos my friends convinced me that a summer date just wouldnt fly.

Ooh yes, what will we win if we guess correctly..or at least are the one who guesses the closest?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              My guess is September 18 - 20th, 2009

And only cos my friends convinced me that a summer date just wouldnt fly.

Ooh yes, what will we win if we guess correctly..or at least are the one who guesses the closest?
              That would be a really great date! My birthday is September 21st Hehe.

We just have to wait and see eh

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

NO No NO Not until November 09 *panics* Although I won't have the money until March. HEH. But that's better than September 09. Yikes. Y'all trying to make me sell my home? LOL
                Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                  Aww! Becky no fun, drop a hint to the date you announce the date then everyone can have a countdown to the count down. Everyone will be happy confused but happy.

Countdown to a countdown?? Talk about hard work for me

Comment

*sings* It's the final countdown...
                    Jenni

Comment

you win bragging rights for your GUESSES

I do have to say that i don't know if the sept 18th area works, simply becaus amanda's anniversary is around then (can't recall the exact date but it's somewhere in that week after the 11th...that's why she didn't do gatecon in 2001 i believe, it was her anniversary and they were flying off to hawaii to celebrate, so that weekend might not be a good one)

I'd start a poll but we don't allow for that many options, and anyway, it's just for fun
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                        Countdown to a countdown?? Talk about hard work for me
                        How about posting this everyday:

ONE DAY CLOSER TO AT4!!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          Welcome back chelle! I hope the move went well. I know what you mean about catching up. It took me three days and I was only away for a week!
                          With regard to Olivia and the dark hair, Amanda took the Magnus wig home a few times to gauge the reaction and Olivia wasn't sure. When she finally had it dyed, she arrived home when Olivia was in the bath. She popped her head around the door, and Olivia said (Not word for word) "Mummy! Your hair! I like it!" Whereupon Amanda let out a sigh of relief, and that was the end of it.
                          We couldn't get hold of a baton in time, so that pleasure is reserved for AT4. She said that she would be willing to do it during the auction as a bucket collection item. It's filed away for next time
                          Mumsey
                          Thank you Mumsey!!
                          That's great to hear that Olivia was happy with it. I recall when I was about 6 or 7, my mum had her long long black locks cut short...and I mean short short!! I cried. I distinctly remember crying in the car when we picked her up from the hairdressers...she just kinda freaked me out...and you should have been there when hubby shaved off his beard and mustache...I had never known my hubby without some form of facial hair...ever...so when he popped out with nothing...I couldn't look at him for ages...couldn't kiss him either...it was weird.
                          I simply can not wait for AT4...rhetorically of course...because I guess we all have no choice but to wait but...I'm so stoked about it already!
                          The move did not go without it's drama's...
                          Spoiler:
                          one funny thing that happened was, as we were loading our bed onto the trailer, I said to hubby...
                          "that doesn't look to secure honey"
                          ...says darling husband...
                          "I tied it up as I would my work stuff...it's fine".
                          The bed fell off the trailer just as they got out of the driveway...it hit the bitumen hard and the bed was damaged but hopefully repairable.
                          Our new mattress still hasn't arrived, the desks and shelves only turned up yesterday, and there are still some things that need finishing off by the landlords...like heating ducts, the laundry door needs to be finished and the kick boards need to be fitted...but all in all...we are so happy with our new home. We should be better settled by the end of the month...hubby is off to the country to work over the next 2 weeks or so, so some things have to wait til his return. I'm trying to get used to the new kitchen and bathroom...I've never had a vanity unit/cupboard before...and the shower is HUGE!!...all glass!!!

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          chelle Apparently Olivia was in the bath when Amanda came back from getting her hair dyed, I can't remember exactly what Amanda said Olivia's reaction was but she was fine with it, I think Amanda said that she was so relieved that Olivia liked it, she went out of the bathroom and cried. Awww! (someone with a better memory feel free to correct/add something if I'm wrong )
                          As to the baton no one had time to find or bring one but maybe at AT4 eh
                          And it was the best weekend ever!
                          EDIT: Oops Mumsey beat me to it
                          Julia(samcarterrules)
                          Thank you Julia!! I'm so glad that you all had a great time...I can't wait to meet you all next year!!
                          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          It was a delight meeting Julia (samcarterrules) oh and she did offer to help us with our dubious plans
                          Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          Shhhhhh! Mandy!! It was bad enough that Mumsey caught me
                          I'm a good girl, really I am!
                          *shines halo*
                          LOL, it was great to meet you and Jan
                          Julia(samcarterrules)
                          I'm not sure what to believe here...on one hand, I believe that Julia is a good girl...but on the other hand...I'm sure that between Mandy and Jan, Julia was corrupted...do we have any other witnesses to verify this???
                          Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                          Okay you can all stop that with the countdowns...
                          No countdowns allowed until we at least announce the date...
                          oiy
                          Becks
                          But...I've been counting down to AT3 so that when it ends we can start counting down to AT4....that's a long time to count down...take it from me...I've been counting since the end of AT2!!!!!
                          Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                          My guess is...
                          November 6-8, 2009
                          What do we win if we guess correctly?
                          My daughter would not be happy...her birthday is November 7th!
                          I'm going to hazard a guess at November 13th - 15th...although personally, November 20th - 22nd would be much nicer!!!
                          What I was really hoping for was August 27th - 29th or September 3rd - 5th...2010!! That way I could really celebrate my 40th in style!!
                          But anytime is fine with me!!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I am going to have to reserve the entire month of November for AT4...just in case. If it's over TG weekend here in the States, I could have a problem going. *worries* It was the week before, in 06.
                            Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
                              G4
                              Sorry Julia, just my wierd sense of humour running away and forcing my fingers to type that out before my brain could engage. I hoped it would raise a few smiles .
                              Enjoy your well earned respite. Any thoughts on Avalon 2 yet ""
                              (Verona is currently hiding some where remote and unpopulated to avoid any possible zat blasts etc that little comment might provoke)

Comment

*to the tune of 'The Yellow Rose of Texas*

She's a Gabiteer from Texas
                                Yes, Ambermoon's her name
                                She followed me to Scotland
                                (It'll never be the same!)
                                But now that she's returned home
                                On a great big aeroplane
                                I realise that I'm not alone
                                In being totally insane!

She made me watch some Stargate
                                No hardship, you'll agree