X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful pics...Sky..

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      I meant what I said on Sunday - you are all reflections of Amanda, her compassion and her humanity and it was a privilege to meet you all.
      I look forward to seeing hopefully all of you again at AT4.
      I have to confess that standing with Amanda in the dark at the back of the hall, tears crept into my eyes when I watched your reactions to the AT4 promo video. I remember thinking "okay we must be getting it right!"
      Amanda had a blast. We had a blast. The staff had a blast. I hope you all did too.
      Basically you all rock!
      Julia
      G4
      I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful time at AT3!!
      I can't believe that AT4 is already planned for next year...I've got some serious saving to do...I am not missing this one!!!
      Thank you all for sharing your wonderful pictures and stories...Amanda looks stunning with her new dark locks...did she happen to mention what Olivia thought about her darker hair??...given how Olivia felt about her blonde hair!
      Did anyone present a baton to Amanda?? Seriously...I would have done so if I were there...and of course if I were allowed to that is!!
      Gotta go check out the rest of Samanda...2 weeks away from here and you start to go stir crazy!!...but I am tickled pink to be home!!! Yay!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        I can't believe that AT4 is already planned for next year...I've got some serious saving to do...I am not missing this one!!!
        Thank you all for sharing your wonderful pictures and stories...Amanda looks stunning with her new dark locks...did she happen to mention what Olivia thought about her darker hair??...given how Olivia felt about her blonde hair!
        Did anyone present a baton to Amanda?? Seriously...I would have done so if I were there...and of course if I were allowed to that is!!
        Gotta go check out the rest of Samanda...2 weeks away from here and you start to go stir crazy!!...but I am tickled pink to be home!!! Yay!!
        Welcome back chelle! I hope the move went well. I know what you mean about catching up. It took me three days and I was only away for a week!

With regard to Olivia and the dark hair, Amanda took the Magnus wig home a few times to gauge the reaction and Olivia wasn't sure. When she finally had it dyed, she arrived home when Olivia was in the bath. She popped her head around the door, and Olivia said (Not word for word) "Mummy! Your hair! I like it!" Whereupon Amanda let out a sigh of relief, and that was the end of it.

We couldn't get hold of a baton in time, so that pleasure is reserved for AT4. She said that she would be willing to do it during the auction as a bucket collection item. It's filed away for next time

Mumsey
        Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 12 May 2008, 06:28 AM. Reason: Can't spell Amanda!!
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          chelle Apparently Olivia was in the bath when Amanda came back from getting her hair dyed, I can't remember exactly what Amanda said Olivia's reaction was but she was fine with it, I think Amanda said that she was so relieved that Olivia liked it, she went out of the bathroom and cried. Awww! (someone with a better memory feel free to correct/add something if I'm wrong )

As to the baton no one had time to find or bring one but maybe at AT4 eh

And it was the best weekend ever!

EDIT: Oops Mumsey beat me to it

Julia(samcarterrules)
          Last edited by samcarterrules; 12 May 2008, 06:30 AM. Reason: I was to slow....again! :p
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Okay I finally feel semi-human (two days back at work will do that for you!) and have grabbed some decent sleep over the last few nights so might be at least semi-coherent.
            Well it's nice someone's semi coherent

We arrived back home (well my home) on the 10th around 7:30pm or was it 12:30am Well I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep

I'd just like to say a few things personally.

It was a pleasure to meet you all. I think I freaked out Jan Sam and Mandy every time I saw them by saying "here comes trouble". LOL!
            Freaked out? Na we were just worried you would catch on to our next dubious plan It was nice to our reputations followed us there, I still laugh at the reaction I got from Mumsey when I first told her I was Mandy

Julia it was an absolute pleasure to meet you again this year and talk to you. You're a delight and a lovely lovely person, but then you know how I feel.
            It was a delight meeting Julia (samcarterrules) oh and she did offer to help us with our dubious plans

For all the Gateworlders I reacquainted with - too numerous to mention but you all know who you are, and those I met for the first time, ditto. It was fantastic to put names to faces and thanks for the fab chocolate.
            It was a blast meeting everyone and putting names to faces, the G4 we saw whizzing by, looking very busy and tired, but you guys always took the time to answer questions and interact with us, which was very nice indeed

I meant what I said on Sunday - you are all reflections of Amanda, her compassion and her humanity and it was a privilege to meet you all.
            I have to confess that standing with Amanda in the dark at the back of the hall, tears crept into my eyes when I watched your reactions to the AT4 promo video. I remember thinking "okay we must be getting it right!"

Amanda had a blast. We had a blast. The staff had a blast. I hope you all did too.

Basically you all rock!

Julia
            G4
            I'm so glad Amanda had a blast, it was very touching when she was given the quilt of many hugs, that alone was worth the trip

Meeting Amanda, getting to see the Q &A sessions and the auction as well as meeting up with people on this thread and other Amanda fans made the trip an awesome experience!

Thank you Julia, the rest of the G4 (and all the others helping out) and especially Amanda for making this weekend a wonderful experience

*now look what you've done, you've made me sound sappy*
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

It was a delight meeting Julia (samcarterrules) oh and she did offer to help us with our dubious plans

Shhhhhh! Mandy!! It was bad enough that Mumsey caught me
              I'm a good girl, really I am!

*shines halo*

LOL, it was great to meet you and Jan

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Shhhhhh! Mandy!! It was bad enough that Mumsey caught me
                I'm a good girl, really I am!

*shines halo*

LOL, it was great to meet you and Jan

Julia(samcarterrules)
                yeah right.... we believe you

as for batons.... fear not my friends... batons procured, plans afoot!!!

Hugs
                Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Hugs
                  Becks
                  And only like 500 days to wait
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    And only like 500 days to wait
                    less then 500 eh... I mean it will be in 2009 probably so that is 256 days and then half of that to end 2008 so

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      less then 500 eh... I mean it will be in 2009 probably so that is 256 days and then half of that to end 2008 so
                      Okay you can all stop that with the countdowns...

No countdowns allowed until we at least announce the date...
                      oiy
                      Becks

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        Are you counting in 36 hours days???

sigpic

Comment

oiy
                          Becks
                          An actual 500 day countdown would get me depressed
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd just like to say a few things personally.

It was a pleasure to meet you all. I think I freaked out Jan Sam and Mandy every time I saw them by saying "here comes trouble". LOL!

Basically you all rock!

Julia
                            G4

Julia, freaked out......hey we behaved . I had a blast but I must admit I was a bit overwhelmed. AT3 was my first convention and the first time I was able to meet Amanda and friends from across the pond that I had known online for four years along with the wonderful Samandans I've come to know over the last few years. Thanks to the G4 for such a wonderful experience!!!

I also wanted to say a special thanks to you for your closing speech to Amanda.....I was only able to spit out two words to her and your speech said to her everything I wanted to say but wasn't able to. You weren't the only one that had tears creep into your eyes on Sunday; such wonderful time and charities to support......the weekend was over much too fast.

Jan who will blame the sappiness on being very jet lagged.

sigpic

Comment

yeah right.... we believe you

Hugs
                              Becks
                              afoot???

yeah, i wanna see her twirling a baton with her foot
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

oiy
                                Becks
                                Aww! Becky no fun, drop a hint to the date you announce the date then everyone can have a countdown to the count down. Everyone will be happy confused but happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X