Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    [I][SIZE="1"]

Yes, samcarterrules - it was wonderful too getting to know you better, esp. at the cocktail party and in the bar Saturday evening. And Erin13 - same! Hopefully us old hirplin' troublemakers Gabiteers didn't bore y't'death.

*snipped*

And on the camera front - took broken camera to the store I bought it at 2 years ago & they checked - I'd taken out the 4-year repair/warranty plan and since they no longer carry the model, they went ahead and upgraded me to a new camera body & I've now got a nice 10 megapixel Rebel XTi. YAY! (A wee bit late for the con, but YAY!) (Well, there's 2 more cons coming up in July - Shore Leave and Comic Con - so it'll get the workout there!)
    Bore me?? No way!!! I was thrilled to meet and talk to all of ya! Julia, your a dear. You, AmberMoon, Dipsofjazz and ForeverSg1 had me laughing the entire weekend. I just wish there had been more time to meet the Samandan's I missed. I missed the chocolate tasting (even though I brought some, darnit) so I missed meeting alot of folks there... next time..AT4. I think I'll need to go a few days earlier to get over the jet lag before the con. Then, maybe I won't have to run up and take naps that was kind of a bummer and took away from meeting time. But otherwise it was all fantastic and this is the greatest group of people

Way to go on the new camerin SS..score!!! Hopefully I'll get to see it in action at Comic Con!
    sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

I uploaded my own report on AT3 to AmandaTapping.Com yesterday and today, thanks to Julia, I was able to enrich it with Julia's AT3 closing speech. Thanks, Julia, for allowing me to post it up there.

So - Julia's speech can now be admired by everyone again and again and again online. To get to it: please go to AmandaTapping.Com, in the main menu go to Updates and click the link for AT3 Report in there. Julia's speech is typed in italics.

I'm sure it's going to bring those memories back to you!

Can I also say how lovely it was to meet all those of you that I met at the convention between waving my light green racket (Q&As) and stretching both of my hands (auction). I can't believe sometimes how wonderful all of you are! Thanks!

Kamil
      (back to updating the site <g>)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        *snips great post*

I have to confess that standing with Amanda in the dark at the back of the hall, tears crept into my eyes when I watched your reactions to the AT4 promo video. I remember thinking "okay we must be getting it right!"

Amanda had a blast. We had a blast. The staff had a blast. I hope you all did too.

Basically you all rock!

Julia
        G4
        Ohhh, you are sooo getting it right!!!!! I had a blast, and I'm sure everybody had

Kamil ... I thought your report was lovely before it included Julia's speech and it is even better now! Thank you Ohhh, and Amanda saying "run Kamil, run", it was just too funny You did a great job.
        sigpic

Comment

JUST A QUICK REQUEST

Does anyone have a decent photo of the two cheques - preferably being able to read the amounts on them?

Need it in a hurry please.

Hugs

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            JUST A QUICK REQUEST

Does anyone have a decent photo of the two cheques - preferably being able to read the amounts on them?

Need it in a hurry please.

Hugs

Mumsey
            From a friend (and I could use them), the amounts are not very clear though ... but it is quick

sigpic

Comment

I meant what I said on Sunday - you are all reflections of Amanda, her compassion and her humanity and it was a privilege to meet you all.
              I look forward to seeing hopefully all of you again at AT4.
              I have to confess that standing with Amanda in the dark at the back of the hall, tears crept into my eyes when I watched your reactions to the AT4 promo video. I remember thinking "okay we must be getting it right!"

Amanda had a blast. We had a blast. The staff had a blast. I hope you all did too.

Basically you all rock!

Julia
              G4
              Okay well that just set me off again. I was all fine and dandy until I read that and Kamjul's report and that tear jerker of a speech. I thought the rollercoaster of emotions had settled. Clearly I was lying to myself.

Thanks to the G4, I had a blast, you run a simply amazing con (even if you did try to blow up a penguin )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                Okay well that just set me off again. I was all fine and dandy until I read that and Kamjul's report and that tear jerker of a speech. I thought the rollercoaster of emotions had settled. Clearly I was lying to myself.

Thanks to the G4, I had a blast, you run a simply amazing con (even if you did try to blow up a penguin )
                The fluffy penguin was I assure you never under any real threat of harm. the chocolate bar (we have them here called penguins) was another matter....

Mind you that was the only one that actually got her off the stage without a fight....
                Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                  The fluffy penguin was I assure you never under any real threat of harm. the chocolate bar (we have them here called penguins) was another matter....

Mind you that was the only one that actually got her off the stage without a fight....
                  Becks
                  Hee hee. I laughed so hard I nearly fell out my chair. At least I manage to get one slightly blurry shot of it to immortalise the moment.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    Keep that woman in line, Bev!

Lesson learned...

Bailey's, Cider and Tequila do not mix well.

Needless to say, I spent most of Saturday in bed -- only leaving it to moan quietly to myself during the Q&A sessions and to have my photo taken with Amanda.

Kat
                    ROTFLMAO! That is just too funny! I've learned that lesson myself. Mixed drinks are ok, but mixing drinks - No so good!

Also, my first time in England, I thought the Cider was excellent. Unfortunately, I didn't realize exactly how much I'd had...and I prayed to the porcelin gods that night and paid for it all the next day. This was during a study abroad trip in college and well, my professor tried to help by mercilessly taking us all to a Thai restaurant and just going out of his way to make me miserable.

You'd think I'd have learned enough through that experience...but NOOOOOOO....

s

Comment

Okay I finally feel semi-human (two days back at work will do that for you!) and have grabbed some decent sleep over the last few nights so might be at least semi-coherent.

Sky is right. Activities outside of what is on the schedule is not for Amanda to take part in. I time her day to include the charity tea, a lunch break, interviews, auction, photo sessions, auto sessions, Q & A's etc etc. Any activities which fans feel they'd like to do for distraction is fine provided they don't feel they want Amanda's involvement. It simply cannot happen. While I'd like to squeeze 36 hours into a 24 hour day, I'm not a miracle worker. I'd say if you have ideas for things that could be orchestrated on stage in the downtimes then send them to our [email protected] addy. We'll put them into our "thinking" pile and consider them once we're planning stuff for AT4. A member of our staff could certainly run something on stage if we felt it appropriate, fun and popular while Amanda was off stage.

I'd just like to say a few things personally.

It was a pleasure to meet you all. I think I freaked out Jan Sam and Mandy every time I saw them by saying "here comes trouble". LOL!

Julia it was an absolute pleasure to meet you again this year and talk to you. You're a delight and a lovely lovely person, but then you know how I feel.

For all the Gateworlders I reacquainted with - too numerous to mention but you all know who you are, and those I met for the first time, ditto. It was fantastic to put names to faces and thanks for the fab chocolate.

I meant what I said on Sunday - you are all reflections of Amanda, her compassion and her humanity and it was a privilege to meet you all.
                      I look forward to seeing hopefully all of you again at AT4.

Basically you all rock!

Julia
                      G4
                      Julia ((((((Julia))))) DITTO!
                      Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                      I uploaded my own report on AT3 to AmandaTapping.Com yesterday and today, thanks to Julia, I was able to enrich it with Julia's AT3 closing speech. Thanks, Julia, for allowing me to post it up there.

So - Julia's speech can now be admired by everyone again and again and again online. To get to it: please go to AmandaTapping.Com, in the main menu go to Updates and click the link for AT3 Report in there. Julia's speech is typed in italics.

Can I also say how lovely it was to meet all those of you that I met at the convention between waving my light green racket (Q&As) and stretching both of my hands (auction). I can't believe sometimes how wonderful all of you are! Thanks!

Kamil
                      Wow Kamil, thank you much what a wonderful report! I was almost in tears again reading Julia's speech. It was lovely to chat with you on Monday morning in the lobby

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

i sent some - all the 'good' ones that i had to your 'ask the g4' address.

if you still need them, feel free to use or if you don't, do whatever
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Becks
                          She RAN off the stage when you threatened the penguin. Guess you found an effective tactic, threaten cute little stuffed animals. The robot was hilarious though.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Okay I finally feel semi-human (two days back at work will do that for you!) and have grabbed some decent sleep over the last few nights so might be at least semi-coherent.
                            Glad you are feeling better. You've earned a good rest.

Basically you all rock!

Julia
                            G4
                            No, YOU rock. Another totally fabulous event. Applause to you.

*sends mental note to G4 - 2010, 2010*
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i sent some - all the 'good' ones that i had to your 'ask the g4' address.

if you still need them, feel free to use or if you don't, do whatever
                              Thanks Sky. Very useful.

Julia
                              G4
                              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post

Kamil
                                Julia(SCR) linked me to your report and it was wonderful to read it..thank you for writing it and thanks to JuliaR for allowing you to put up her closing speech, it was a beautiful speech and it was so great to read it again. Those words alone are going to bring back every warm and fuzzy memory of that weekend...if I ever need a pick-me-up I know exactly where to go now.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                She RAN off the stage when you threatened the penguin. Guess you found an effective tactic, threaten cute little stuffed animals. The robot was hilarious though.
                                Hehe...the penguin was cute, but I agree that the Dalek was hilarious...totally made me laugh we have one sitting in our hallway that my Dad occassionally sets on visitors at the front door.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X