No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On possibly strange question about the buses... do they announce the stops? How will we know when to get off? Just tell the driver when we get on and sit near the front?

Comment

Thanks Mumsey and Celandine for the info. I had to laugh though when I checked the site and the hotel is only a mile from the airport. To me that's well within walking distance (but I come from a big country). Might depend on whether my legs are still working after a long flight in a cramped plane.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well my husband and I made it to London on Sunday afternoon. Jetlag quickly settled in and I ended up spending the rest of my day asleep in bed. Today we took in some sites and caught an evening showing of Wicked and tomorrow we're off to northern England to see me very scari yet lovely friend. Hope everyone has a save and enjoyable trip.

The Renaissance will never be the same...

Kat

ETA: Just curious but how much money are we going to collect this year at the auction to see Amanda twirl her baton?

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
          We'd have had more time if I hadn't gotten myself hopelessly lost in Terminal 1 and given up trying to find the way out

it was good to see you though, even for a short time and we'll get to hang out way more next weekend.
          We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Something OT for Gabit but neat. The last time I was in England, I got a photograph which was pretty interesting, if you ask me! Your average "Stonehenge" tourist attracting shot, but when I looked at it later the camera caught a neat ray of light right in the middle, very M*Y*S*T*E*RI**O*U*S... heehee. I thought it was very cool !

VERY COOL! I love those little mysteries the camera sometimes catches.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              On possibly strange question about the buses... do they announce the stops? How will we know when to get off? Just tell the driver when we get on and sit near the front?
              If you are using the Hoppa bus they always announce which hotel you are at so don't worry about that, I think the Renny might be the first stop, so just keep an ear out! Just make sure you are on the right Hoppa. When you get on you could just double check with the driver.

If you are using one of the local buses they probably don't but you could tell the driver you don't know the area and ask to be allerted.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                The other side? Is going to GABIT like dying and going to heaven?
                Yes

Originally posted by suse View Post

My brother tries his best to go thru Minneapolis - or anywhere but O'Hare. He was stuck there for 2 days a few years back.

Scifithinker and I are routing thru DC. Seemed kinda silly to go west to go east.

Went to the doctor today. I have a virus. Which I figured as I don't have allergies to pollen. I just told her I wanted to get some sleep and not keep the roommate up. <<Peers at scifithinker>> I don't think coughing will be an issue. She also recommended sudifed for the flight. This oughta be fun.
                ETA: On a good note by the time I get to London it'll have been close to a week so no nasty germs should be there.

suse
                Bleugh on the virus and lol...through DC is an interesting route...mind you I've gone from Manchester to Denver via Amsterdam before

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                We'll see.
                We will...else I shall hunt you down woman!
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

The Update:

Lists:

Done:
                  • "Concert in The ParK" - Saturday
                  • 200th poster in tube for signing
                  • Ark of Truth poster in tube
                  • Items for Charity auction packed
                  • Picked Up Suit from cleaners
                  • Packed clothes & Personal Items
                  • Decided on personal laptop since work laptop is being upgraded to Vista with Finale 2008 & Smartmusic while I'm gone
                  • Lesson Plans written
                  • Printed All Confirmations
                  • Added tunes to iPod

To Do:
                  • Teach 3 Classes Tuesday
                  • Fire Drill
                  • Drives to Airport
                  • Hopefully not set off to many security alarms due to metal splint on broken finger at Airports in Fresno, LA and London
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

3 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've found my Hideous Red Jacket for the Saturday Night Festivities...can't find the matching trousers though, which might be a good thing...
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        • Get surgical masks to protect from Suse and Scifi's germs

*get better soon*
                        I've got a sinus infection, but antibiotics are a wonderful thing. I started them last night. I even got some sleep. I won't be contagious by the time I catch up with you.

Give me a few days, and I'll be back to being a holy terror.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Howdy all! I've made it to England, through immigration (don't get me started - grrrr), and back to my flat. I'm currently avoiding doing the oodles of stuff that I need to get done, so I'm going to post this and then get started. No, really, I am. Yes, I *am*!!!
                          *grin*
                          Anywho, I'm planning on arriving at the Ren sometime on Friday. Details are still being sorted, but I'm guessing I'll be arriving sometime in the early afternoon. See y'all soon!!!

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                          So Ames and Eh-T are giggly eh.

Hey now, not all us yanks are THAT gullible.
                          Darlin', you've spoken with me while on a mini-sugar high ... I only get more bouncy from there So yeah, ames=giggly works
                          and... um ... no comment! Hehehe...

LOL! I recall trying to explain the loonie to some ladies from Georgia (USA not the other Georgia). I think they thought I was trying to con them and it wasn't really money.
                          Yeah, that's always a fun experience eh EH-T???
                          Helps if you have an example to actually *show* them the loons...
                          But even if you can get them to believe that the loony is a legit form of currency, you still have to get them to buy the twoonie.... Who the heck named our currency, anyhow???? I remember there being a debate whether it'd be called a 'twoonie' or a 'doubloon'/'doubloony' ... personally I think the 'doubloony' should've been the winner, given only those options

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          <snippage>

I also got to see some unfortunate soul get their Peanut Butter confiscated from their hand luggage and couldn't help thinking of us lot
                          My luggage was overweight, so they told me to move something to my carry-on. First I grabbed a maple syrup, then was reminded that that would def count as a fluid ... so I asked about PB, and was told b/c it was creamy and spreadable, it'd get nailed too ... this was after getting a few comments about the fact that my luggage consisted of chocolate, blue jello boxes, PB, maple syrup, and paperwork. Not a stitch of clothing or a pair of shoes It raised a few eyebrows at the check-in desks, after all!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                          Just wanted to say safe journey to all who are travelling over the next couple of days. See you when you get to the other side
                          I waved as we went past the exit to Wembly last night PengYn ... my mate thought I was insane ... but then again, anyone who knows me quickly comes to that conclusion, so it's all good
                          Yeah ... we had some fun with detours on the motorways around London ... took a rather scenic route home! (It took Nicki 45 min to get there, almost 2 hours for us to get home... good thing we had lots to chat about, eh? How much do I love my friends??? Yay!!!)

Well, I suppose you could see it that way... it's definitely a journey!!!

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                          If it's a normal bus, you tell the driver where you're getting off when you get on. (You have to do that on any regular bus, b/c normally your fare is dependant on how far you are going on the bus.) If you ask nicely, s/he'll even announce the stop before/when you actually get there, so you can be ready and get off quickly.
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Sort of. GABIT is Amanda heaven

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            I've got a sinus infection, but antibiotics are a wonderful thing. I won't be contagious by the time I catch up with you.
                            I’ve got an ear infection now, but I really really hope I’ll be better on Friday with the help of all the medication I'm taking. If not ... I’ll be half deaf, and I usually have problems to understand spoken English with full hearing, so that would be fun. But I won’t be contagious either

Originally posted by ames View Post
                            If it's a normal bus, you tell the driver where you're getting off when you get on. If you ask nicely, s/he'll even announce the stop before/when you actually get there, so you can be ready and get off quickly.
                            What ames said. But don’t worry, there are two stops, one just before the hotel and one just after it, so if you miss the first one, then you’ll immediately see the Renaissance to your right and you can get off the bus just at the next stop.

And safe travels everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                              If it's a normal bus, you tell the driver where you're getting off when you get on. (You have to do that on any regular bus, b/c normally your fare is dependant on how far you are going on the bus.) If you ask nicely, s/he'll even announce the stop before/when you actually get there, so you can be ready and get off quickly.
                              Originally posted by CapitaBlood View Post
                              What ames said. But don’t worry, there are two stops, one just before the hotel and one just after it, so if you miss the first one, then you’ll immediately see the Renaissance to your right and you can get off the bus just at the next stop.

And safe travels everyone!
                              Good stuff, that's wonderful info! Thank you!

San Diego Comic Con 2007 Attendee
                              San Diego Comic Con 2008 Attendee

Comment

Yes. Amy's back for two weeks. Before going back to Canada. Permanently. Apparently this is something that isn't that important and can just be mentioned in a flippant "Well, I've got to get cracking on this flat and double check I can change it into your name". Great. Thanks for telling me :Rollseyes:

In other news, I still have several metres of fabric and a pattern. But no dress as yet.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X