GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Well I've got some good news and I've got some bad news.

First the bad news...

It seems the L4 disc in my lower back is beginning to twist ( which is causing a good deal of pain up and down my spinal column ) and while I'm doing everything I can to rectify the situation, it's being quite a persistant little bugger. I've been taking anti-inflammatories, seeing a chiropractor regularly and ice-ing it to the point where I've forgotten what it feels like not to have a frozen backside.

The good news? I couldn't wait any longer for my back to decide if it was going to go out completely, so I bought my plane tickets for Gabit. It's only money right? It's the whole mind over matter thing. If Flippy can walk over hot coals, I can deal with a little pain and anxiety.

*repeats mantra to self*
    My back won't go out and I'll live through the plane flight.

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll definitely need it over the next few weeks.

Kat
    Oh gosh Kat

You take care! Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Prediction: First-class seating will be comfortable and roomy; the flights will be mostly turbulent free; the wine will blend with the pain-killers and put you into a deep sleep from which you'll awaken as the plane touches down gently on the runway at Heathrow!

Hubby, bless him, will carry all heavy luggage. You will feel the excitement as soon as you start to wander through the airport and then checking in to the hotel. As this happens, a great peace and calm will come over you because you'll now know how close you are to seeing Amanda (the great one) IN PERSON! You will see some crazy ladies laughing and sporting orange wigs and know that, "yes, Dorothy, you're not in Kansas City any longer"! You start to laugh out loud, and the laughter causes a surge of endorphins to fill your bloodstream and naturally cut whatever residual pain is still nagging you.

From then on, it's a piece of cake! We'll all be there to welcome you at the other end!

Hugs, your Samanda buddy, Jester
      Jester this is a lovelt post. Sorry I couldn't green!!

Comment

These wigs sound fantastic! I kind of wish I still worked at my last job, as I would have been able to get a bright orange bib and brace overall set to go with it. Although, thinking about it, I would have probably ended up looking like a "Rainbow" reject!
        If there is a power cut at the airport we could offer to stand on the runway as beacons to help guide the planes in!

It is slightly scary how quickly this event is approaching.
        I am looking forward to it, but I'm also a little nervous. You all will be gentle, won't you?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
          These wigs sound fantastic! I kind of wish I still worked at my last job, as I would have been able to get a bright orange bib and brace overall set to go with it. Although, thinking about it, I would have probably ended up looking like a "Rainbow" reject!
          If there is a power cut at the airport we could offer to stand on the runway as beacons to help guide the planes in!

It is slightly scary how quickly this event is approaching.
          I am looking forward to it, but I'm also a little nervous. You all will be gentle, won't you?
          But of course... from what I have seen Amanda fans are the nicest people in the world.

Comment

Agreed. Ok,the idea of attending that disco resplendant in orange day-glo wig ,glowy glasses and whatever else I (or Mal and Flippy )can find may seem a bit bizarre to some,but hopefully it'll give your spirits a boost .
            (((((((((((Kat)))))))))))))
            Chronic/acute back problems are nothing to laugh about,but I think the antics in prospect at Gabit, and of course Amanda's panels and all the other goodies will get you through this.

If you need any help,then we'll all be there for you,I'm sure .

(We'll dress normally the rest of the w/e, I promise ! )

I liked CG's post too..but check if you can take wine with those meds ,if you're still on them by flight time .
            Some really,really, don't react well in your body when combined with even one alcoholic drink .
            I have experience..but I'm not fessing up any more than that.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

First the bad news...

It seems the L4 disc in my lower back is beginning to twist ( which is causing a good deal of pain up and down my spinal column ) and while I'm doing everything I can to rectify the situation, it's being quite a persistant little bugger. I've been taking anti-inflammatories, seeing a chiropractor regularly and ice-ing it to the point where I've forgotten what it feels like not to have a frozen backside.

The good news? I couldn't wait any longer for my back to decide if it was going to go out completely, so I bought my plane tickets for Gabit. It's only money right? It's the whole mind over matter thing. If Flippy can walk over hot coals, I can deal with a little pain and anxiety.

*repeats mantra to self*

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll definitely need it over the next few weeks.

Kat
              (((((Kat))))) but obviously not too tightly...

I sincerely hope the journey isn't going to be an ordeal for you, Kat.

But just remember who'll be waiting for you at the end of it - there'll be me, an' Coley, an' ChopinGal, an' dipsofjazz, an' all the other Jolly GW'ers... oh yeah, and some wonderful lady called Amanda.
              Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 06 October 2005, 09:32 AM.

Comment

23 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Okay, I'll now be packing 100 halloween orange glowsticks to bring with me. Reading the blurb they have connectors with them so you can make them into bracelets, glow glasses or just stick them in your wig

LizWhite.net

Comment

First the bad news...

*repeats mantra to self*

Kat
                    ((((Kat))))) Fingers, toes and paws crossed in this household along with positive thoughts for back deciding to behave.

Woohoo on the flight plans!
                    Last edited by Kliggins; 06 October 2005, 01:13 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

No!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
                        Okay, I'll now be packing 100 halloween orange glowsticks to bring with me. Reading the blurb they have connectors with them so you can make them into bracelets, glow glasses or just stick them in your wig

http://home.clara.net/flipper/glow.JPG
                        ROTFL ! I'll definitely wear some,flippy !
                        For those of a nervous disposition....just wear them as bracelets.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The orange glo-sticks are cool, I trust you won't all be running around the hotel corridors at 4am decked out in strange contraptions made of them then?
                          Awww, but then we could sit around you in a semicircle on the floor and you could tell us a story and do the actions ... I feel I've missed out now.

Comment

*waves hand* Count me in for the glow sticks.

Still thinking about the wig.
                            sigpic

Comment

We can stick a few glo-sticks together and make a playpen for you Kliggs, stop you running amok through the hotel foyer, I'm sure the staff will be very grateful

Comment

http://home.clara.net/flipper/glow.JPG
                                Wow! I'm looking forward to wearing one of these. I, of course, shall use mine as a halo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X