• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
    7 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Only. Seven. Days. To. Go!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      While a small part of me can understand, and huge part of me (the part that spent 40+ hours on a poster size drawing to get signed only to find out she can't) is a bit cheesed. Had I known I would have use a pic I took at Comic Con, but it's too late now. Every other con I've been to (and I've been to several) would have allowed this item. Stupid of me to assume I guess.
      The better thing would have been to find out about what could be signed before you started on the drawing instead of being "cheesed" because can't use it now. One of the G4 is always checking the thread and would have answered your question swiftly if you had asked it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
        The better thing would have been to find out about what could be signed before you started on the drawing instead of being "cheesed" because can't use it now. One of the G4 is always checking the thread and would have answered your question swiftly if you had asked it.
        I've been to several cons and none of them have had autograph rules as specific as this. My drawing would have been perfectly fine for all the other conventions I have been to, so I assumed (several months ago when I started the drawing) that it would be fine. I have actually gotten similar drawings signed in the past without issue. It wasn't until the rules were recently announced that I thought there would be a problem.

Whatever. I am over it. I have other options for items to be signed.

Maybe my post unintentionally came across like I was steaming mad. I am not. I was just disappointed, but with an understanding. I did post it soon after I had woken up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
          Probably, or a lot of Santcuary stuff if there is any available.

I'm waiting for my copy of AOT to arrive as it's released over here on monday.
          Now there's an idea. Have her sign my Sanctuary t-shirt with a sharpie. Will the metallic colors show up on black? Red might be kinda dark but it would match the logo... <<Peers over glasses at artists for an answer>>

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
            Ok this may have been covered before, but I am staying an extra week after to do London... in a good way! After all my plans of going to Cardiff seems to be thrown one way and the other, I am just going to stay in London. So I am looking around and have found LondonNet.co.uk and some awesome theatre productions. I know in NYC there is a discounted ticket place, is there a place like that in London to get tickets (sometimes) cheaper the day of the events?

I can't wait!! I'll be packing this weekend, and flying out on May 1!!!
            Nuts. I forgot the name of the place, but there is one.

I'll look for it. Though it's listed in almost any London Guidebook. Something with a letter missing. Tikets? Bah!!

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              That's a very nice idea. Especially if it was such a cool pic.
              I got my wallpaper printed today, it turned out nice, albeit it bit too pink lol. Luckily I like pink
              Yay! I can't wait to see it cos I know it's gonna look awesome! Amanda's gonna absolutely love it to I bet.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
              Eurk....I've been doing all my 'I'm back in Sheffield soon, can I have some work?' emails. Including putting my name into the shifts for the charity I work for (Safe@Last) and due to some mix up that I don't quite understand I've been scheduled to work on the 2nd, and 3rd of May....which will be interesting. There is no way I'm not going to AT3. It's on call so if they can't take me off the rota and I do get called in (from London, HA!) I'll just ring round everyone else who works there until I convince someone to cover for me. It's just an extra headache.
              do'h..when you said you were doing your emailing today you werent kidding! Congrats on getting your job back again so fast..and here I thought you were gonna play, "I'm an unemployed lazy bum" for a few weeks for the fun of it. Seems someone's nose is to the grindstone.

And hah! Maybe just cloning yourself would work. Two Titi's. One in London having a blast and one back home being the diligent working girl. Darn the trouble it's caused you though. Hope it works out well for you hon.

Originally posted by suse View Post
              Now there's an idea. Have her sign my Sanctuary t-shirt with a sharpie. Will the metallic colors show up on black? Red might be kinda dark but it would match the logo... <<Peers over glasses at artists for an answer>>

suse
              *looks behind her*

I do know that if your thinking of getting your t-shirt signed, go to the fabric store (Joann's or something like that) and pick up a 'fabric marker'. They come in a variety of colors and won't wash off when put through the wash. Also, before you wash the shirt, 'set' the signature first by pressing a warm iron over it for a minute or two. Good luck with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                I hardly sleep and thus never dream when I do (least as far as I know) but have you ever had those nagging thoughts that you forgot something very important? That's me in my imagination thinking of myself in London without underwear or bras.
                I flew to Germany to study for two months, and TWA lost one of my bags...the one with all the undies in it. I had the one pair I was wearing. I highly recommend splitting up items into different bags as a result.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Found a small bottle of a different peanut butter this evening while stopping for a few things at a grocery store I normally don't shop at... "Dark Chocolate Dreams" a peanut butter blended with dark chocolate by Peanut Butter & Co. Will be interesting to try it at the AT3 taster.

Am finally finished with work for 2 weeks. (Yay!)

Still have things to do over the weekend, but I think I'll actually allow myself to become a wee bit excited now.

Just a little, a wee little, little, little bit....

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    Only. Seven. Days. To. Go!
                    Three days here......

uh...three......days.....
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Yeah survived the hellish week at work! Mandy I'll see ya tomorrow!!!!

A very excited and nervous Jan
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

I am sure that the hellish week is bound to happen before the event. I am only 3days in my working week, and still 4 to go and it is already hell. I am sure they do it on purpose!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          do'h..when you said you were doing your emailing today you werent kidding! Congrats on getting your job back again so fast..and here I thought you were gonna play, "I'm an unemployed lazy bum" for a few weeks for the fun of it. Seems someone's nose is to the grindstone.

And hah! Maybe just cloning yourself would work. Two Titi's. One in London having a blast and one back home being the diligent working girl. Darn the trouble it's caused you though. Hope it works out well for you hon.
                          this isn't my real job, it's the job I work around my other job(s) and do at nights...usually at the weekend...I'm not going to have a 'proper' job right away *g* definitely not until after AT3 and my trip up Scafell Pike.

Eurk...I fly the day after tomorrow...wooo
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            I'm bringing Jif Extra Crunchy.

Any idea when folks were thinking of doing this?
                            I've got my Jif Creamy too.

Can't remember.

suse
                            *offers suggestion* Perhaps during lunch break Saturday or Sunday? Might be easier to capture more interested peeps than in the evening when different groups are breaking off for evening meals or activities? Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

Tomorrow? Is that tomorrow

*tells cats to move over for Jan*
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

suse
                                Lighter metallic colours should. I've had my shirt signed by the cast & crew at Comic Con... I think they all used silver sharpie though.

San Diego Comic Con 2007 Attendee
                                San Diego Comic Con 2008 Attendee

Comment

Working...
                                X