GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    I can empathize. I had a dream last night about suse and me missing the plane (thereby loosing $1200 in non-refundable tickets).

While it would be fun to have her join us, I'd think she'd want a break. The poor woman is scheduled to within an inch of her life.

A question: How many items can you have autographed if you're attending fir the entire weekend? I'm trying to decide what to bring.
    I keep having dreams like that too. As to your question, I think its 2 autographs per person. G4/someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Oooh and this time next week I'll be arriving in London, Yay *bounce bounce*

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I can empathize. I had a dream last night about suse and me missing the plane (thereby loosing $1200 in non-refundable tickets).

While it would be fun to have her join us, I'd think she'd want a break. The poor woman is scheduled to within an inch of her life.

A question: How many items can you have autographed if you're attending fir the entire weekend? I'm trying to decide what to bring.
      In the past, you could have two items autographed; however, only one could be personalized.

I also remember certain items weren't allowed, though my mind is a tad foggy at the moment as to what types of items were restricted. I believe it had to be tasteful( nude manipulations would probably not be a good choice) and/or issues with copywritten materials. Also, I've seen fans at cons try to get actors to sign blank pieces of paper and body parts which were often frowned upon.

Hopefully someone from G4 could offer more insight as to what we are allowed to bring to have signed. As a general rule anything sold through official means is safe to have signed, such as photographs sold through places like Legend. Stargate DVD cases, Stargate books, magazines, ect are all typically ok to have signed. I've also had her sign t-shirts I've made in the past. Just keep in mind that for home-made items, any image on the item has to be something you created yourself so as to not have copywrite issues. So if you've made a wallpaper that you would like signed, then you have to ask yourself if the images you used were ones that you took or drew yourself, otherwise you may not have permission to use them.

Hope that helps,
      Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
        Flights are officially booked!!! I'm definitely going to make it to GABIT
        Excitement levels are starting back up again Of course so are stress levels, b/c I'm flying out really early Monday morning ... and it's currently Thursday evening ... hmmmm. Well, and there's other really stressful stuff going on, as some of you know, but yeah - at least I know I'll definitely make it to AT3 now
        YAY! I'm glad you finally got that all sorted out..at least the flight stuff. Wouldn't want you missing all the fun. Sending some mighty positive thoughts for you for the other stuff whatever it may be too.

And thanks for the hugs. I'll be alright. I just have some moments like when a letter arrives or a call comes in and my "other stuff" takes precedence in my thoughts. A definite fun-sucker if there ever was one.

I hardly sleep and thus never dream when I do (least as far as I know) but have you ever had those nagging thoughts that you forgot something very important? That's me in my imagination thinking of myself in London without underwear or bras.

As Julia said, it's two items. I'm thinking of having one item be my photo op with her and the other I'm debating about. Not sure if I'll bring my AoT dvd for her to sign or a copy of the official Stargate magazine I picked up. That has a very awesome pic of her on the cover which I absolutely love.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Oooh and this time next week I'll be arriving in London, Yay *bounce bounce*
        Me too! Well actually I'll be there already considering the time difference, but whee!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          I hardly sleep and thus never dream when I do (least as far as I know) but have you ever had those nagging thoughts that you forgot something very important? That's me in my imagination thinking of myself in London without underwear or bras.

As Julia said, it's two items. I'm thinking of having one item be my photo op with her and the other I'm debating about. Not sure if I'll bring my AoT dvd for her to sign or a copy of the official Stargate magazine I picked up. That has a very awesome pic of her on the cover which I absolutely love.
          That's a very nice idea. Especially if it was such a cool pic.
          I got my wallpaper printed today, it turned out nice, albeit it bit too pink lol. Luckily I like pink

Me too! Well actually I'll be there already considering the time difference, but whee!
          This makes my head hurt
          sigpic

Comment

i know that the limit is 2 items, or has always been. so pick a couple of official things.

now other cons have just had you have one official thing and the other doesn't have to be, but i dont' know if that applies here or not. I tried looking on the site last night but couldn't find it.

if you have something that you think might be questionable, bring a 'spare' item so that, even if you bring 3 things, you can get 2 of them signed
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              i know that the limit is 2 items, or has always been. so pick a couple of official things.

now other cons have just had you have one official thing and the other doesn't have to be, but i dont' know if that applies here or not. I tried looking on the site last night but couldn't find it.
              Don't think it does. I think it all has to be official, although if you have drawn a picture yourself that would be fine as long as it's not a picture you have drawn of a copywritable pic....if that makes sense. If it's a totally original creation of yours, not a copy of another image that would be ok.

I'm not sure what to take myself. I think I'm going to take my "Atlantis Night" picture but am not sure about a second item. I'll probably end up taking one of the comics.
              sigpic

Comment

i have my avalon pic from last year with rick and amanda and then i've collected a few pics over the years.

I would imagine that there'll be a lot of AOT covers
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Probably, or a lot of Santcuary stuff if there is any available.

I'm waiting for my copy of AOT to arrive as it's released over here on monday.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok this may have been covered before, but I am staying an extra week after to do London... in a good way! After all my plans of going to Cardiff seems to be thrown one way and the other, I am just going to stay in London. So I am looking around and have found LondonNet.co.uk and some awesome theatre productions. I know in NYC there is a discounted ticket place, is there a place like that in London to get tickets (sometimes) cheaper the day of the events?

I can't wait!! I'll be packing this weekend, and flying out on May 1!!!
                    Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                      Don't think it does. I think it all has to be official, although if you have drawn a picture yourself that would be fine as long as it's not a picture you have drawn of a copywritable pic....if that makes sense. If it's a totally original creation of yours, not a copy of another image that would be ok.

I'm not sure what to take myself. I think I'm going to take my "Atlantis Night" picture but am not sure about a second item. I'll probably end up taking one of the comics.
                      While a small part of me can understand, and huge part of me (the part that spent 40+ hours on a poster size drawing to get signed only to find out she can't) is a bit cheesed. Had I known I would have use a pic I took at Comic Con, but it's too late now. Every other con I've been to (and I've been to several) would have allowed this item. Stupid of me to assume I guess.

Comment

Don't panic, I'm sure it will get bought, especially if Amanda offers to sign it (Which she often does). I've yet to see anything not being sold.

They have another up in the production offices? Congratsto you on that, and to Antoa too!

I'll keep an eager eye out for your pic.
                        sigpic

Comment

Eurk....I've been doing all my 'I'm back in Sheffield soon, can I have some work?' emails. Including putting my name into the shifts for the charity I work for (Safe@Last) and due to some mix up that I don't quite understand I've been scheduled to work on the 2nd, and 3rd of May....which will be interesting. There is no way I'm not going to AT3. It's on call so if they can't take me off the rota and I do get called in (from London, HA!) I'll just ring round everyone else who works there until I convince someone to cover for me. It's just an extra headache.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Nightmare, I hope you get it sorted.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                              Don't panic, I'm sure it will get bought, especially if Amanda offers to sign it (Which she often does). I've yet to see anything not being sold.

They have another up in the production offices? Congratsto you on that, and to Antoa too!

I'll keep an eager eye out for your pic.
                              Ha! I forgot to look for my drawing at the office. Thanks!

Time has sure flown by these past couple months! I can't believe I am leaving in 5 days 10 hours and 25 minutes!

Comment

Message for you all from Becky. (Currently residing on my sofa pulling all the odd bits out of the very recently (like ten minutes ago) finished QOMH)
                                Mumsey

Dear all,

Those of you who have booked the event rate at the hotel may shortly be receiving your e-mail reminders/ confirmations. if you look at these carefully you may find ( to your horror!) that the rate has has tax added to it.

PANIC NOT

The Marriott have been upgrading their system and now all listed rates have to be entered as excluding VAT ( sales tax) unfortunately someone has goofed and entered our including rate as an excluding rate which means your rooms look like they will cost you more.

They won't

The rates are still 75 pounds per room per night for a single room and 85 pounds per room per night for a double or twin room on Friday Saturday and Sunday nights of you booked using the convention code.
                                both these rates INCLUDE VAT and breakfast.

Anyone with squiffy reservation confirmations will get this sorted out on check in. We will be warning the front desk in advance ourselves and our event manager is also aware so don't worry we'll sort it out if there's a problem.

Not long now!!
                                Hugs
                                becks
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X