No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes,the wigs are about £3 and *cough* bright apparently !

Oh,this disco could turn out to be "Fright Night",(especially if I get my orange shirt).....go on Gabiteers.You know you wanna !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Oh,this disco could turn out to be "Fright Night",(especially if I get my orange shirt).....go on Gabiteers.You know you wanna !
      And to think I always thought of the UK community as a group of very, very proper citizens ... I'm getting an education in diversity just reading these pages!

Did I miss something early on ... some of you are walking to support AT's charity, the Hearing Aid Dogs? When is the walkathon? Much success!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

I'm sure you and Mal will look groovy Are they curly wigs or straight?

edited to add: Am kind of tempted to get some of these!!
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Glow-Glasses-H...QQcmdZViewItem

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        And to think I always thought of the UK community as a group of very, very proper citizens ... I'm getting an education in diversity just reading these pages!
        very proper citizens *rotfl*

Did I miss something early on ... some of you are walking to support AT's charity, the Hearing Aid Dogs? When is the walkathon? Much success!
        That's me I'm afraid. Am walking over hot coals this weekend sporting my natty burgundy 'Hearing Dogs for the Deaf' t-shirt. Thanks for the good wishes.

*hugs to Rune* Just been checking my email Many thanks
        LizWhite.net

Comment

Oh,we're "diverse" ,all right..but of course,we'll act with absolute decorum at Gabit.
          *Whistles the theme music from "Liar,Liar"*
          See Flippy's link in her sig space for details .
          Originally posted by flippy18
          I'm sure you and Mal will look groovy Are they curly wigs or straight?
          Don't know yet..but either will do nicely !
          edited to add: Am kind of tempted to get some of these!!
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Glow-Glasses-H...QQcmdZViewItem
          *Stares in astonishment at your find*
          I say go for it !
          We'll be model citizens...well,we want to be allowed into the Disco don't we ?
          *Has strange bout of coughing*

Comment

... That's me I'm afraid. Am walking over hot coals this weekend sporting my natty burgundy 'Hearing Dogs for the Deaf' t-shirt. Thanks for the good wishes.
            Well, I just checked your site and am very, very impressed ... just remember that it's primarily "mind over matter". Actually, hoping that your feet won't mind is really what matters!

Much good luck! If orange does appear on the soles of your feet, you can proudly show Amanda - what price glory!

Comment

That's me I'm afraid. Am walking over hot coals this weekend sporting my natty burgundy 'Hearing Dogs for the Deaf' t-shirt. Thanks for the good wishes.

*hugs to Rune* Just been checking my email Many thanks
              I knew you guys were not very proper citizens.

Good luck Flippy!
              sigpic

Comment

24 dAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! At the teasing about the wigs. GateGipsy also cant wait to see me with mine. My response was to wonder what Baby Gipsy will make of it.

Anyone want a wig? The offer is there

**Thwack my computer** As Baggie is aware my machine is playing up a bit. So i'm using my dads. Mine is not letting me access GW forum straight away. It sundenly decides I can after roughly 1/2 a hour of trying.

Baggie if i've not updated the count down by 11am can you do it tommorw please? And on the other thread.

thankkkkkkkkk yooooooouuuuuuuu

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                  24 dAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! At the teasing about the wigs. GateGipsy also cant wait to see me with mine. My response was to wonder what Baby Gipsy will make of it.

I'm wondering what the hotel will make of us If the wigs are straight ones, can you put me down for one, Mal? Not if they're curly though, I've spent years trying to get my hair to go fairly straight-ish, I'm not going back to curls now!!

To GateBee, Kliggins, Dips - [[[hugs]]] Thank you so much guys!! We just smashed through the target amount and we're closing in on £300. Am certain the charity will be thrilled and I'm touched by all the support...although some have said I am touched to be doing the firewalk in the first place

Re: the glowing glasses. I'm going to check in town this weekend to see if I can find any there or anything similar. I realised yesterday that as it's Halloween on the sunday there should surely be lots of orange things in the shops!

Back to work again!!
                  LizWhite.net

Comment

I think he'll like the wigs. If he doesn't,then we'll just have to clown around a bit till he laughs..or cries.If he cries,then I suggest we concede defeat and take the wigs off !
                    Hubby would like one too,please .
                    (We can pass ourselves off as "The Nox at Gabit",and sing "It's a Hard Nox life" ! )
                    **Thwack my computer** As Baggie is aware my machine is playing up a bit. So i'm using my dads. Mine is not letting me access GW forum straight away. It sundenly decides I can after roughly 1/2 a hour of trying.
                    Drat.Those diagnostics obviously haven't helped. How about ringing NTL to see if they can advise anything we didn't try yesterday ?
                    (Why do I have the feeling this is going to end up costing you to get the problem fixed at your nearest computer shop ? )
                    Baggie if i've not updated the count down by 11am can you do it tommorw please? And on the other thread.

thankkkkkkkkk yooooooouuuuuuuu

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
                    I'll do the best I can. *Hugs MAL back*
                    (*Makes a wish that all the post options will work*)

flippy Bravo ! Well done on smashing your target and hugs to all the contributors ! Re the glasses : Go for it....going to look quite a sight with the orange wig !

Comment

ok i'll get one for Seabee. I'll "sit" on my puter a while before I consider phoning ntl or a repair shop. I've always got the option of dads machine.

FLIPPY18 Are you getting baggie some glasses?? If so could you get me some? I wear glasses but glowy ones will be a laugh.

The wigs are VERY curly. So I guess you wont want one?

(((((hugs))))))

Comment

Well I've got some good news and I've got some bad news.

First the bad news...

It seems the L4 disc in my lower back is beginning to twist ( which is causing a good deal of pain up and down my spinal column ) and while I'm doing everything I can to rectify the situation, it's being quite a persistant little bugger. I've been taking anti-inflammatories, seeing a chiropractor regularly and ice-ing it to the point where I've forgotten what it feels like not to have a frozen backside.

The good news? I couldn't wait any longer for my back to decide if it was going to go out completely, so I bought my plane tickets for Gabit. It's only money right? It's the whole mind over matter thing. If Flippy can walk over hot coals, I can deal with a little pain and anxiety.

*repeats mantra to self*
                        My back won't go out and I'll live through the plane flight.

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll definitely need it over the next few weeks.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

It seems the L4 disc in my lower back is beginning to twist ( which is causing a good deal of pain up and down my spinal column ) and while I'm doing everything I can to rectify the situation, it's being quite a persistant little bugger. I've been taking anti-inflammatories, seeing a chiropractor regularly and ice-ing it to the point where I've forgotten what it feels like not to have a frozen backside.
                          That sounds awful. I hope that it starts to improve soon, will keep my fingers crossed and eyes too

The good news? I couldn't wait any longer for my back to decide if it was going to go out completely, so I bought my plane tickets for Gabit. It's only money right? It's the whole mind over matter thing. If Flippy can walk over hot coals, I can deal with a little pain and anxiety.

*repeats mantra to self*
                          Keep chanting the mantra!! I have faith
                          [[[hugs]]]+[[[healing vibes winging their way to you!]]]

Thanks also for your sponsorship which I've just seen on the page I'm amazed at the generosity of the people on this forum - you guys rock!!

Re: glow sticks/wigs. I'll give the curly wig a miss, thanks Mal Am bidding on 100 orange glowsticks on ebay at the moment. Should I win them then we can use them to make the glow glasses,wear them as bracelets, or stick them in the curls of yours and Baggies wigs at the party

back to work again before anyone notices...... [whistles nonchalantly]
                          LizWhite.net

Comment

First the bad news...

*repeats mantra to self*

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll definitely need it over the next few weeks.

Kat
                            Ack, the back sounds nasty, gonna send some positive thoughts n vibes your way and keep everything crossed that you're pain free for the festivities. We can always hire a wheelbarrow and ferry you round in that if need be

Great news on the plane ticket too Kat. Hope it's a comfy flight.

Comment

First the bad news...

*repeats mantra to self*

Kat
                              Prediction: First-class seating will be comfortable and roomy; the flights will be mostly turbulent free; the wine will blend with the pain-killers and put you into a deep sleep from which you'll awaken, refreshed, as the plane touches down gently on the runway at Heathrow!

Hubby, bless him, will carry all heavy luggage. You will feel the excitement as soon as you start to wander through the airport and then checking in to the hotel. As this happens, a great peace and calm will come over you because you'll now know how close you are to seeing Amanda (the great one) IN PERSON! You will see some crazy ladies laughing and sporting orange wigs and know that, "yes, Dorothy, you're not in Kansas City any longer"! You start to laugh out loud, and the laughter causes a surge of endorphins to fill your bloodstream and naturally cut whatever residual pain is still nagging you.

From then on, it's a piece of cake! We'll all be there to welcome you at the other end!

Hugs, your Samanda buddy, Jester
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 05 October 2005, 01:00 PM.

Comment

First the bad news...

*repeats mantra to self*

Kat
                                Hope everything works out ok ((((((((hugs))))))))

Comment

Working...
                                X