Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    Duct tape? Is that the best you can do?
    *arches brow Teal’c-like*

*puts on Innocent!Daniel expression*

*makes signals behind back Jack-like*

*implements cunning plan very Sam-like*

*gives samcarterrules the thumbs up sign*

LOL! But to answer your question suse, work this past week's left me slightly brain-dead, so y'get what y'got for now........
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

E-17....who sank my battleship
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Gotta another question for those who might know.

Is there good restaurants/markets within walking distance of teh hotel or would I or someone interested have to take the bus?

Reason is because I'm generalizing here. Airport hotels near O'hare don't have much at all and if you were hungry, depending of course on how expensive your hotel was...and thus how self-contained they were, you'd have to take a nice hike just to get something to eat at a restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          Gotta another question for those who might know.

Is there good restaurants/markets within walking distance of teh hotel or would I or someone interested have to take the bus?

Reason is because I'm generalizing here. Airport hotels near O'hare don't have much at all and if you were hungry, depending of course on how expensive your hotel was...and thus how self-contained they were, you'd have to take a nice hike just to get something to eat at a restaurant.
          One of the G4 can give you more detailed information - but there are several pubs which I found the food to be enjoyable at last time and a McDonalds a very short walk from the hotel. Several of us went and purchased sandwiches at what is basically a convience store a couple blocks from the hotel.

A large group of use went for Oriental food at a resturant that the hotel directions said was walking distance. Well it was but a very loooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg walk. But good for lots of laughs
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            Does anyone have contact with Donamac??? We're roomies at AT3, and I've send her an e-mail a while back, and a PM yesterday. To work out some details about out room. And she isn't responding. I'm starting to get worried, about her, and about our room too.

Dona, where are you???
            I'm here! Just going bonkers trying to get all the work (I finally got) done before I leave. And today I'm catching up from page 400 to wherever we are now. Whewwww!!!

Anne, I sent you a reply this afternoon...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              E-17....who sank my battleship
              HUH>>>??? That's me...

Comment

12 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  One of the G4 can give you more detailed information - but there are several pubs which I found the food to be enjoyable at last time and a McDonalds a very short walk from the hotel. Several of us went and purchased sandwiches at what is basically a convience store a couple blocks from the hotel.

A large group of use went for Oriental food at a resturant that the hotel directions said was walking distance. Well it was but a very loooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg walk. But good for lots of laughs

There is indeed a Pub just a few hundred yards down the road (to the left as you leave the hotel), a MacDonalds (across and to the right), a nice Chinese restaurant way down to the left (but it is a long walk - dooable but brisk), and a Petrol Station across from the hotel which more than likely sells chocolate and crisps and other things (never been in there but I suspect it has the usual snacky type stuff).

There are obviously other restaurants in the local residential vicinity and other pubs, especially to the North of the Airport, but you would probably need a cab to get to them.

The Hotel will be providing a cash sandwich, coffee, soft drinks etc service during the official lunch breaks and there is a hotel bar (undoubtedly relocated to somewhere else from the foyer during the foyer refurbishment).

Hope this helps.

Julia
                  G4
                  To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samscello
                    My understanding from reading the hotel information and that posted at Gabit's website is that sandwiches and drinks are being sold by Gabit at lunch for those who are interested. The hotel has The Brasserie, a fine dining restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch & dinner as well as the Icarus Lounge which serves light snacks and drinks during the day and evening.

As far as places outside the hotel, someone who's been to Heathrow more recently than I can perhaps reply to that.
                    Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                    There is indeed a Pub just a few hundred yards down the road (to the left as you leave the hotel), a MacDonalds (across and to the right), a nice Chinese restaurant way down to the left (but it is a long walk - dooable but brisk), and a Petrol Station across from the hotel which more than likely sells chocolate and crisps and other things (never been in there but I suspect it has the usual snacky type stuff).

There are obviously other restaurants in the local residential vicinity and other pubs, especially to the North of the Airport, but you would probably need a cab to get to them.

The Hotel will be providing a cash sandwich, coffee, soft drinks etc service during the official lunch breaks and there is a hotel bar (undoubtedly relocated to somewhere else from the foyer during the foyer refurbishment).

Hope this helps.

Julia
                    G4
                    Thank you all! This info will help lots! I guess I didnt read the hotel info/Gabit site well enough to know they were selling sandwiches at lunch time. Oops!

I did know about the Brasserie and the Lounge within the hotel, but figured they were going to be a bit pricey to eat there regularly. The Pub and Chinese restaurant down the street sound great alternatives which I might just be visiting. I don't mind a good hike either and it actually sounds like fun.

I'd love to find an awesome Indian restaurant though so if anyone is daring and wants to share a cab Friday or perhaps Sunday night, just shoot me a PM and we can make some plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Thank you all! This info will help lots! I guess I didnt read the hotel info/Gabit site well enough to know they were selling sandwiches at lunch time. Oops!

I did know about the Brasserie and the Lounge within the hotel, but figured they were going to be a bit pricey to eat there regularly. The Pub and Chinese restaurant down the street sound great alternatives which I might just be visiting. I don't mind a good hike either and it actually sounds like fun.

I'd love to find an awesome Indian restaurant though so if anyone is daring and wants to share a cab Friday or perhaps Sunday night, just shoot me a PM and we can make some plans.
                      Th chineese resteraunt is also a bit pricey, and the service can be errm how can I put this... overly attentive??? Nice food though.

Hugs
                      Becks

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        I'm a mod, i don't scare easily...nor do i misbehave....

much

Bwahahahaha!

Than veneer of innocence wore off years ago Sky. It's only the fear of the noodle that keeps us in line...

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                          Th chineese resteraunt is also a bit pricey, and the service can be errm how can I put this... overly attentive??? Nice food though.

Hugs
                          Becks
                          Ooh..pricey huh? Well I'd have to check the menu for comparisons to what I'm normally used to paying here I guess. Thanks for that bit.

I did find this though. Sipson Tandoori Restaurant is only a couple miles from where we'll be staying and the review and awards it's received seem promising. Depending on the weather I'd even be willing to walk it, but if there's anyone interested in trying it out with me a cab is still fine for those who don't want to walk. Prices seem reasonable and the menu is quite plentiful in the selection.

Comment

Yay. I finished a wallpaper I want to use as 1 item to get signed Because I had nothing, and don't feel like buying a pic there are millions (?? lol) off, I wanted to make something myself. Luckily I could use AT2/Avalon pics from a friend, so no copyright issues.

*click for larger*

What do you think? I'm going to get it printed on good quality paper friday. I left plenty of space for Amanda to sign too Tee Hee, only 12 days

And Brenda, I think I've heard from some other folks about that restaurant. Apparantly not much vegetarian choices, and pretty spicy, but other than that it's apparantly very good.
                            sigpic

Comment

Personally I am pulling my usual 'weekend away' trick of packing the worlds largest packed lunch and keeping going off that for most of the weekend.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                                Personally I am pulling my usual 'weekend away' trick of packing the worlds largest packed lunch and keeping going off that for most of the weekend.
                                Scifithinker and I are doing a version of that. Too bad our meats (dried or vaccume-packed) can't come over or we'd be set.

When we used to go to Shore Leave <<waves at con buddies>> we'd do that all the time. And often eat better than in either of our homes.

So shopping is on the agenda on Thursday. Sorry Becks, my stitches are terrible. As well as a stop at Borders to order stuff unavailable in the USA.

Might as well get used to the bus system immediately...

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X