GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    Fascinating, Becky. And a great piece of information. But if you expect me to change the seating chart...

... you better wait til I'm a little more sober!
    aww naah tracy you don't have to do that, I am sure everyone just wants to know where everyone sits not how it is arranged...

and if i didn't quote this I would never get the hidden message. Love it

and who wants to be sober??

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
      There is also one further inaccuarcy with the spiffy seating chart... all the seats are arranged not in straight rows but herringbone style.

This means that each row of seats sits in a slight V shape, so all the seats are slightly angled towards the centre of the stage. This also makes the seats in each row slightly offset so you are not looking at the back of the person in front of yous' head but kinda between the spaces...

Becks
      full of useless information tonight...
      Bless you! That makes those of us... vertically challenged... can see at least somewhat. <<glares at the tall ones in front>>

I think we should be seated by height.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Fascinating, Becky. And a great piece of information. But if you expect me to change the seating chart...

... you better wait til I'm a little more sober!
        Not all all hun, just info to reassure folks...

Not many organisers use that configuration because it takes up more space in the hall than standard rows but it makes it more comfortable for the attendees.

hugs
        becks

Comment

Oh, oh. That angle will put the side of my head directly in the sights of Mandy!
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

At least I know the two people direstly in front of me aren't tall. I just have to worry about the two in the front row in about seat 3 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Strix is behind me and Jan....should I worry
              Yes, I will be shooting spirit spit wads at you and poking the back of your head. When you get those goosebumps... you'll know it's me!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                Oh, oh. That angle will put the side of my head directly in the sights of Mandy!
                It does?

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  It does?

Don't be fooled. That angel sprouts red horns when exposed to daylight or water...

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

There is also one further inaccuarcy with the spiffy seating chart... all the seats are arranged not in straight rows but herringbone style.

This means that each row of seats sits in a slight V shape, so all the seats are slightly angled towards the centre of the stage. This also makes the seats in each row slightly offset so you are not looking at the back of the person in front of yous' head but kinda between the spaces...

Becks
                    as yet another vertically challenged person I applaud your seat arranging decision, woo!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      True, I can MacGyver something at the hotel and not run the "risk" of transporting it from the US.*

Please note that was a joke. I'd never transport anything dangerous to hurt anyone (except peanut butter ).

suse
                      lol...It should be safe than *not* to alert airport security than I think.

Ooh what about marshmallows though? Now those are very innocent looking but whoa are they deadly! Ever play chubby bunny?

Now what got me on that subject? *shrugs*

Bless you! That makes those of us... vertically challenged... can see at least somewhat. <<glares at the tall ones in front>>

I think we should be seated by height.

suse
                      Here, here!

Comment

Don't be fooled. That angel sprouts red horns when exposed to daylight or water...

suse
                        ..and don't feed her after midnight.

sigpic

Comment

14 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            There you go, the I row will be for our Imaginary Attendees

So strix can be IA10 (a lovely aisle seat, you'll love it)
                            That could be our Guinness Book challenge for this year. The record for the mosd Imaginary Attendees at a convention. I think this year we will have....err.......6 million IA's far out beating XXX cons measly 500,000.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                              as yet another vertically challenged person I applaud your seat arranging decision, woo!

It helps to be Convention Organisers who have had experience of being vertically challenged at other Events!

I've spent many an unhappy Event behind probably the tallest person in the entire room not seeing a single person on the stage. When we talked about the seating plan we agreed it's better to have less seats in a room but happier attendees without cricked necks, and able to see everything.

Julia
                              G4
                              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Becks
                                Not useless information. Something less for us to worry about (not that I was very worried, because I'm not so short).

OMG, 2 weeks today. YAY. I had a productive day. Got my english money from the bank, bought some new pants that fit (yay 1 size down), and a red top and teeny tiny shampoo and stuff to fit in my handluggage and the 300 ml rule. And printed my e-ticket for the con and the plane. So Yay .
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X