• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bet i'll be seeing RED
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Lol, I think I know what kind of red I will be wearing to the disco then, it's in the form of a badge.

Lol. And I've got a red necklace too I seriously need to do some clothes shopping, because I only have pants that don't fit anymore (I lost some weight). Today I'm even wearing a skirt, cause that and my jeans are the only thing that fits (and I can't really wear my jeans to work). And of course, I want something nice for the photo too

*waits for the e-ticket patiently*

Meg, I'm excited and nervous and excited too
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
        *hugs* Thanks for the schedule. Have reduced the size down to one page, printed it and put it with my airline and con e-tickets.

(And is it my imagination or is the cocktail party starting earlier this year?) Will be different being split between 2 floors for talks and pix/autos, but will make it all the more interesting, yes?

And Sky... you've already got me to thinking about their breakfast buffet again! Just to bring it up again - Friday/Saturday/Sunday's breakfast is included in the room rate? (Will have to figure out about Thurs/Monday.... Could bring *coughs hard* chocolate chip cookies... Hey... they'd make it through checked luggage just fine...And what better way to start the day???!)
        Wait, three breakfasts are included? I thought it was only Saturday and Sunday? I only got the con rate for Friday night and Saturday night.

Gah. I need to buy more clothes too. I at least have 2 pairs of pants that fit me now (since the SO bought them on my birthday because I was so desperate for pants that fit proper). I think I'll need more than 2 pairs for the 16 days that I will be there.

Comment

Squeee! I just got my e-ticket! I am in seat C 05

Anyone near me?!

And is this off to the side or near the center? I assume off to the side

Comment

probably in th emiddle. IIRC, seat 10 and 11 are on the center aisle with 1 and 20 on the ends, so you shoudl be third row back in the middle of a section

I'm B10 so i should be one row up and 5 seats to your 'right' as it is

last year seat 1 was far left, seat 10 and 11 on the aisles, and seat 20 far right
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              Squeee! I just got my e-ticket! I am in seat C 05

Anyone near me?!

And is this off to the side or near the center? I assume off to the side
              With only 10 seats then aisle then 10 seats, everyone along a row has a good view. So being a quarter of the way along is just fine, so don't worry.

Julia
              G4
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                With only 10 seats then aisle then 10 seats, everyone along a row has a good view. So being a quarter of the way along is just fine, so don't worry.

Julia
                G4
                OKies, not worrying

Not that it would have been a big deal anyway.

*edit* Well, I am still worrying, just not about that. Eep!

Comment

Gah. I need to buy more clothes too. I at least have 2 pairs of pants that fit me now (since the SO bought them on my birthday because I was so desperate for pants that fit proper). I think I'll need more than 2 pairs for the 16 days that I will be there.
                  Yes, please do bring more than two pairs of pants for sixteen days! Unless you want to be doing laundry every couple days... I'm thinking of bringing ten of everything... so... time for laundry? Yes, please!

Also, what's the weather like in England and Ireland? I've never been... but I hear the weather resembles Vancouver. Just wondering how big of a jacket I'll need to bring...

San Diego Comic Con 2007 Attendee
                  San Diego Comic Con 2008 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Vikitty View Post
                    Also, what's the weather like in England and Ireland? I've never been... but I hear the weather resembles Vancouver. Just wondering how big of a jacket I'll need to bring...

Yes the weather is similar to Vancouver in my experience but at the moment it is very variable. We had a lot of snow just over a week ago (!) yet today it was warm and sunny and quite balmy after having scraped frost off my car first thing.

Early May - Expect it to be in the early 50s temperature wise and expect rain, because undoubtedly there will be some. Ireland is pretty similar and equally as wet. So rain jacket, a couple of warm sweaters if you are outside when you're in Ireland and t-shirts or tops for when it warms up. It is warm in the hotel and they do have the air conditioning on in the main hall.
                    Hope this helps,

Julia
                    G4
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

I've been struggling with what jacket to bring too. Just a rain breaker and go with warm stuff underneath (that's lighter packing) or just bring the heavy jacket? But I'm not going to be there as long as you guys are. Just a couple days up front for sight seeing. I've watched current weather and it's been between 50-60 degrees rainy and partly sunny.

I'm in seat F 13....anyone near me???
                      sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                        I've been struggling with what jacket to bring too. Just a rain breaker and go with warm stuff underneath (that's lighter packing) or just bring the heavy jacket? But I'm not going to be there as long as you guys are. Just a couple days up front for sight seeing. I've watched current weather and it's been between 50-60 degrees rainy and partly sunny.

Layers are the key. I am planning on bringing hoodies and such and a rain coat for the top layer.

Comment

Layers are the key. I am planning on bringing hoodies and such and a rain coat for the top layer.
                          That's the direction I was leaning...thanks...probably be easier to pack too. Thanks!
                          sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

OKies, not worrying

Not that it would have been a big deal anyway.

*edit* Well, I am still worrying, just not about that. Eep!
                            I think worrying is totally normal, I am in the fase that I am already panicking like crazy and that I am actually asking myself what I was thinking when I decided to go...Useless

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post

F 01 So yeah same row, what is something eh
                            And yeah take clothes with you that can get wet, cause lets face it, it is the UK I will just wear my daily clothes though cause we have the same weather as the UK... Just know that one day it can be nice and sunny and the other day it can be pouring rain...

Oh yeah layers is your friend, that is how I always cloth. To be honest I am more worried about too warm then to cold cause I don't do warm at all. I pancik more then, maybe that is why I hate summer

Comment

Wait, three breakfasts are included? I thought it was only Saturday and Sunday? I only got the con rate for Friday night and Saturday night.

Are you staying Sunday night? I think we all have the con rate for that also. If not and you or Vikitty have AAA be sure you use it for a cheaper(ish) rate. (As Sky noted in the last page). No breakfast with the AAA rate though.

I have a movable clothesline i'm bringing to cut down on what i pack. Still if you are moving a lot or sharing a room with more than a roomie that might cause issues.

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                                General hint for the disco....

At AT1 the theme was Orange
                                At AT2 the theme was Pink

The colours of the event badge lanyards were... orange then Pink... do you see a trend????

Becks
                                Aha! I think I found my red!

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                                Yes the weather is similar to Vancouver in my experience but at the moment it is very variable. We had a lot of snow just over a week ago (!) yet today it was warm and sunny and quite balmy after having scraped frost off my car first thing.

Early May - Expect it to be in the early 50s temperature wise and expect rain, because undoubtedly there will be some. Ireland is pretty similar and equally as wet. So rain jacket, a couple of warm sweaters if you are outside when you're in Ireland and t-shirts or tops for when it warms up. It is warm in the hotel and they do have the air conditioning on in the main hall.
                                Hope this helps,

Julia
                                G4
                                I plan on many, many layers like my normal winter attire. Long sleeves with short sleeve t-shirts overall, a few hoodies and of course my rain jacket. I do hope I dont have reason to use it though. My first visit to England and to have it rain would be kinda of a drag. Ah well.

Ooh and does anyone know where's the closet place to buy little souvenirs near the hotel? With my friends finding out about this trip, I'm beginning to get quite the list of trinkets to take home for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X