GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
    I would wear cargo pants and hoodies in Arizona in the summer time. Everyone thought I was crazy.

Maybe I am
    maybe????

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i'm lucky, i don't tan really dark, but i do tan

once i start walking to work and it gets warm enough, i'll start wearing tank tops to avoid the farmer's tan.

don't quite do shorts though. capri's work
    I tan. Not nearly as nice as my mom and brother though. I turn a golden <<<--- emphasis brown after the burn of the year (I try to cover but... I like playing in the water)then as it fades I look jaundiced. Not pretty.

My sis is like Antoa. Though oddly I'm paler than she is on the inside arms. She had pink undertones and i have yellow.

i'll just be pasty. No point trying to tan. It's not like I'll be wearing shorts on London.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
      As we're nearing time (and I ain't even thinking about it, I've got so much to do at work before I go!!!!) I'm wondering how many of us GW'er's will be Gabiteering this time?

Mal
      Skydiver
      ChopinGirl
      antoa315
      Tsaxlady
      ShimmeringStar
      PengYn
      Celandine
      Kliggins
      dipsofjazz
      samcarterrules
      Tittamiire
      TracyJane
      ames
      JanSam
      MandySG1
      Erin13
      scifithinker
      suse
      SamJackShipLover
      Mark1972
      sofie
      sclairef99
      rebelwriter03
      AmberMoon
      rderoch

Am not sure about(and don't want to step on toes if I'm wrong):
      EH-T
      ForeverSG1
      Rune
      minigeek?

Please feel free to add/edit!

....25 'fer shurs' is pretty good I'd guess we're probably 25-30 strong at this point...
      Count me in.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

I one year tried to get a jump on my tan and tried those over-the-counter tanning lotions. You know...the kind your supposed to lather all over your body after your daily shower/bath and let it do it's magic. Yeah that kind. Anyways, I guess I didnt lather my legs as well as I should or maybe I just used too much on one part cos I had some rather embarrassing orange streaks on the backs of my legs which lasted for weeks. So much for trying to cheat in mother nature's beauty school. Never again.

Now I just wait till the weather reaches a decent temp (around here it's end of April/beginning of May) and I literally strip to the barest pieces of clothing I have and head outdoors for some good fun in the sun...hiking, mt. biking, running, whatever works. Usually by mid-June I'm a lovely shade of tan.

Comment

Originally Posted by ShimmeringStar
          As we're nearing time (and I ain't even thinking about it, I've got so much to do at work before I go!!!!) I'm wondering how many of us GW'er's will be Gabiteering this time?

Mal
          Skydiver
          ChopinGirl
          antoa315
          Tsaxlady
          ShimmeringStar
          PengYn
          Celandine
          Kliggins
          dipsofjazz
          samcarterrules
          Tittamiire
          TracyJane
          ames
          JanSam
          MandySG1
          Erin13
          scifithinker
          suse
          SamJackShipLover
          Mark1972
          sofie
          sclairef99
          rebelwriter03
          AmberMoon
          rderoch
          raknor

EH-T
          ForeverSG1
          Rune
          minigeek?

Yay just under a month to go, see you there
          I remember something. There was a man. He’s bald and wears a short sleeve shirt and somehow he’s very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            I tan. Not nearly as nice as my mom and brother though. I turn a golden <<<--- emphasis brown after the burn of the year (I try to cover but... I like playing in the water)then as it fades I look jaundiced. Not pretty.

My sis is like Antoa. Though oddly I'm paler than she is on the inside arms. She had pink undertones and i have yellow.

i'll just be pasty. No point trying to tan. It's not like I'll be wearing shorts on London.

suse
            My sis and I are like that too. She's got the yellow undertones and tans nicely. I have the pink undertones and burn to a crisp. She burns too, when she's not careful, but it always turns into a tan.

My family would always mock me when I visited during the summer because I was always the palest though I lived in a place of perpetual summer. They were all so tan because they own a boat and practically lived on it as soon as the lakes thawed (in Minnesota).

And hooray for vacationing where it isn't always warm and sunny! You get tired of it when you live in it all the time. Though this week has been cooler and it sort of drizzled the other night.

Comment

28 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting to here if I have the weekendof the con off!

Comment

Mal, I really hope it'll work out for you soon!!!!

And SQUEEEEEEEE, it's so soon now. What the heck are you guys bringing that you need so many suitcases? I only have a carry-on thing, I can bring on the plane. But, I don't have to bring clothes for the cocktailparty. And I really have no idea what to bring to get signed lol.

So, who is going to be there on friday, and not going to the party? Any plans for dinner yet?
                sigpic

Comment

Ooooo - good luck, Mal!

On the tanning front - I was the kid who became a lobster as soon as it was warm enough to wear little clothing ... then it healed and I was a gorgous brown for the rest of the season. A few days of pain, then loveliness!

My sis though - she'd get so dark that people thought she was Greek or Italian ... except her hair, which would bleach in the sun. Ron hardly ever burned.

Too bad the whole skin cancer thing is a bit of a turn off for that tried-and-true method of burn and fade... :tongue firmly implanted in cheek:

For the last decade or so, however, I've worked jobs that require having my legs covered. I don't think they've SEEN the sun in years. I don't do capris (can't see the point, really), and shorts aren't really an option ... dislike skirts, and have to be careful with my ink (lower leg ... my last school I wasn't to let the kids see it, in case it encouraged them ... now I work at a church school with a much more strict dress code, so I'm not even going to ask!) - so no bare legs during the week for me! My arms on the other hand, are usually bare, so they see a lot of sun exposure.

Packing ... *snort*
                  I'm still trying to figure out which country I'll be in just prior to GABIT, so packing hasn't been done! To tell the truth, my red outfit is still in England (yes Tracy, THAT top. Just b/c you asked, hun ) as is my dress for Fri night ... so packing would be a tad difficult atm!
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post

Mal
                    Skydiver
                    ChopinGirl
                    antoa315
                    Tsaxlady
                    ShimmeringStar
                    PengYn
                    Celandine
                    Kliggins
                    dipsofjazz
                    samcarterrules
                    Tittamiire
                    TracyJane
                    ames
                    JanSam
                    MandySG1
                    Erin13
                    scifithinker
                    suse
                    SamJackShipLover
                    Mark1972
                    sofie
                    sclairef99
                    rebelwriter03
                    AmberMoon

EH-T
                    rderoch
                    ForeverSG1
                    Rune
                    minigeek?

....25 'fer shurs' is pretty good I'd guess we're probably 25-30 strong at this point...
                    I know Eve (RepliCartertje) is going too

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

*snort* Amy, I was joking about THAT top. You do realise that the red party is "anything as long as it's decent". Emphasis on decent there. Do you really want to wear THAT top in public? Not saying it will look bad over jeans, just that I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

now my mind is boggling at demure little church school teacher wearing an 'indecent' red top
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          now my mind is boggling at demure little church school teacher wearing an 'indecent' red top
                          *snort* demure? and I really would reconsider the "little" - I've been punched for less
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            Mal, I really hope it'll work out for you soon!!!!

And SQUEEEEEEEE, it's so soon now. What the heck are you guys bringing that you need so many suitcases? I only have a carry-on thing, I can bring on the plane. But, I don't have to bring clothes for the cocktailparty. And I really have no idea what to bring to get signed lol.

So, who is going to be there on friday, and not going to the party? Any plans for dinner yet?
                            Well, I for one am making it a 16 day vacation. I'll be spending a week in London and then flying over to Ireland for a week before heading home, so larger suitcases are needed

Comment

i ain't a'feared of ya

you'll just hug me until i squeak

sigpic

Comment

we're coming over the 24th, spending time in nottingham, then returning to london on thursday for the con. I think we're going to sight see friday a bit, enjoy the con, then head back across the atlantis monday

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X