GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    Ummm shimmering....what about sleeping arrangements?? Or are you going to hang out in the lobby with Tsax?
    Sleeping arrangements? Eh? Huh? Wha? LOL! Y'have to remember my first con sleeping experience was with tsaxlady. (She of the "Sleep? We don't need no sleep!" fame.)
    Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    Well we are roomies. Last time SS sleep in the room more than I did. Maybe I will try out the bed a little more this year.
    *hee* (She just might after I walk her to death in London the 2 days pre-con.....)
    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Hate to see the charge for that huge room
    Hey! That lobby there is quite comfortable! Wait 'til you get to try... wait... aren't they renovating the main lobby? Hmmmm.....well gosh... if they're renovating our *room* perhaps T & I might have to bed hop during the con....
    Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    Don't worry Mandy I'm sure it's discounted for no shower in room...
    Where there's a will there's a way... (Bathroom and bars have sinks, yes???)
    Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

Sleep is for wimps!

*freely admits to being a wimp*
    Well, T. certainly lived up to her motto that Saturday evening as she didn't come in until dawn (as I was getting up) having spent the evening in the lobby with ForeverSG1 and Spazzy.

Howevah...... *peeks around for Scari*

Now, scari and I were in the same bed as Tsax that one evening.... Sunday evening wasn't it? And T. *did* fall asleep there about, uh, what time was it? Just a little after the bewitching hour, IIRC. 'Course when I moseyed back to ye olde room a wee bit later, she woke up and we talked some more...

Not that either of us can talk... No, uh... Quiet as mice we are... I think by 4 a.m. we decided she needed to get a wee bit of shut eye since she had an early flight out. (Maybe T's motto should be "Sleep? That's for airplanes!")

(((Tsaxlady))))
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
      Howevah...... *peeks around for Scari*

Now, scari and I were in the same bed as Tsax that one evening.... Sunday evening wasn't it? And T. *did* fall asleep there about, uh, what time was it? Just a little after the bewitching hour, IIRC. 'Course when I moseyed back to ye olde room a wee bit later, she woke up and we talked some more...

Not that either of us can talk... No, uh... Quiet as mice we are... I think by 4 a.m. we decided she needed to get a wee bit of shut eye since she had an early flight out. (Maybe T's motto should be "Sleep? That's for airplanes!")

(((Tsaxlady))))
      Ahhh...you too *thinks back to Toronto visit*

that Scari sure gets around
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

45 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It must be time to change the sheets.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
            45 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

44 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                Don't forget to save the plate for the disco since it's red and all.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

43 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

42 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

long time lurker, first time poster here.. ;-) quick question for the group.. is there any benefit in booking the rooms using the gabit info over another disc code besides the disc itself? I am a marriott employee and can get the employee discount, but don't want to miss out on anything by booking at the lower rate...

Comment

i THINK the only benefit we get is breakfast in the brasserie, and that's not quite free, just cheaper (especially since there's really nowhere to eat around there)
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bikerchic1977 View Post
                          long time lurker, first time poster here.. ;-) quick question for the group.. is there any benefit in booking the rooms using the gabit info over another disc code besides the disc itself? I am a marriott employee and can get the employee discount, but don't want to miss out on anything by booking at the lower rate...
                          I would think a staff discount would be hard to beat, but please remember no matter what central reservations tell you (cos they just don't understand!) the rate of 75 pounds for a single and 85 for a double or twin INCLUDES VAT at 17.5% AND breakfast.

A lot of the lower special rates you may be quoted will exclude VAT and or exclude breakfast. As sky says there isn't much around the hotel in the way of options other than the main hotel offering. You need to get a good breakfast cos it's a busy couple of days.

As for the actual convention code itself. the code accesses a block of rooms we have block booked so if the hotel is otherwise full they may say they don't have any rooms but they actually do. You won't miss any convention perks by using a different booking code/ or staying at a different hotel.

hope that helps
                          Becks

Comment

ok cool.. thanks for the quick answer, i knew you guys were awesome!

now for the next part.. i was supposed to be going to ireland for the week then making my way to the con with a very large group of friends who were going to play tourist while i was busy with y'all.. of course, when it came time to book airfare, all but one of them cancelled on me, so of the 6 rooms i had booked, i only need one.. oy!

again, they're all at the marriott discount, so if anyone is interested in claiming any of the 5 extra rooms (and not much of a breakfast eater.. lol) shoot me a pm.. if not, i'll just cxl them.. each room is set for check in on friday check out on monday (you can leave before monday, but cannot check in any earlier than friday, as I have to show my employee id and will not be there until friday) and should have two beds and be non-smoking, but of course that's never guaranteed...

see yall soon!!!

Comment

41 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i THINK the only benefit we get is breakfast in the brasserie, and that's not quite free, just cheaper (especially since there's really nowhere to eat around there)
                                Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                                I would think a staff discount would be hard to beat, but please remember no matter what central reservations tell you (cos they just don't understand!) the rate of 75 pounds for a single and 85 for a double or twin INCLUDES VAT at 17.5% AND breakfast.

Becks
                                Is the breakfast free or only discounted? Because judging by the prices I've seen for breakfast (and the US dollar conversion rate at the mo) I really don't want to pay $20 for breakfast. Heck, I don't want to pay that for lunch and dinner either.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X