No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the problem I meant. We have to actually have uneaten Kisses if Tracy is ever to have the chance to try them.
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
      Wow! Seriously?! Thats so sweet! (literally, lol!)
      Can i put in a request? For some Hershey's Kisses??? Been trying to get a hold of some since i read about them in a S/J fanfiction! he he! I can munch on them during the Q&A, lol, or save them for when i get home as a reminder of AT3! he he!!!!!!

what would you like in return? cash? or some English confectionary? I'd reccommend some Toffee or Fudge, mmm, *drools over keyboard*!
      Absolutely! I'd be happy to! Like Skydiver said they come in a lot of flavors these days so let me know if you have a particular preference.

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Look for the after Easter markdowns. At least they'll be 50-75% off...

suse
      Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      Yeah, we'll buy chocolate at the beginning of the month to take with us at the end of the month.

Any other chocolate lovers see a problem with this plan?
      Ooh, that sounds like an excellent way to try all those Hershey Kiss varieties!

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

Mmmm, another thing to look forward to!!

1. Meeting online friends
        2. Meeting Amanda
        3. Taste lots and lots of chocolate

Is it may yet??
        sigpic

Comment

62 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Scari!!!

For some reason I'm not shocked about the last two comments...

FCOL why don't you just scoop some cocoa out of a can?
            Mmmm, cocoa is love.
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              i'm doing a little convention survey (no need to answer here if you have on Samanda)

Are you going to:
              AT3 And / or gatecon
              Charmed / weekend pass or VIP vs Gatepass
              Team Penguins or Polar Bears
              Peanut butter or chocolate
              AT3; Charmed; Apparently team Panda; and why choose???

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              Just exactly how many jars of peanut butter are coming to this convention?
              Extra crunchy? <<shudder>> Creamy all the way!
              I'd assume at least 1 for every room. Nice cheap meal.
              suse
              *snort* Way to be sensible suse!!!

how about a chocolate party and a peanut butter party?

'everyone' brings a sample of chocolate from 'home'...Like for me, Russell Stover is a chocolate maker and i can bring a box of chocolates. someone else can bring some other kind (not organized of course, just bring a little bit of chocolate)

and then we can have a 'round the world' sampling of chocolate.

Same with different brands of peanut butter

For those that don't like either of htose, someone else can also bring some jello (gelatin ) and we can try different flavors

Nothing outrageous cost wise, i mean a couple of king sized bars can be cut into slices for folks to try. ONe box of jello can likely make a couple dozen sample sizes, etc

We can have an informal 'sample the food' party
              Way to be an organiser Sky!

we do have to consider customs. also whatever is brought can't really be cooked.

I know that belgian chocolate will kick the american chocolate. so will the UK chocolate. but it's all experimenting and getting to know things.
              Let's face it - pretty much anything beats American chocolate. No offense intended, it's just the way it is

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              LOL. Thanks but no thanks. The keyboard I am using does not have the English pound sign!
              Gah - I remember having that problem with my Cdn laptop when I moved over here ... I finally had my pal at the computer shop exchange the keyboard for a UK one so I had the £ and the € symbols on demand!

we will plan to take over TWO adjoining seating areas in the lobby for our chocolate/jello/peanut butter exchange.

those that don't enjoy them both, can stay with the one they like, those that do like them both, can mingle
              Righto - but who's getting custody of the jello then? (Personally I think jello would go better with a chocolaty palate than a pb'd one, but that's just me...)
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                Let's face it - pretty much anything beats American chocolate. No offense intended, it's just the way it is
                I'll concede that any chocolate beats American regular 'commercial chocolate' (hershey's etc), but there is still some damn good chocolate made here that is at least on par with the stuff overseas. Though I doubt our best chocolate could beat Belgium's best, I think some of the stuff is at least in the same league.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  Mmmm, another thing to look forward to!!

1. Meeting online friends
                  2. Meeting Amanda
                  3. Taste lots and lots of chocolate

Is it may yet??
                  Meeting Amanda? That's always good

Comment

we'd probably have to do the jelly part on sunday or sometihng just cause....well i would imagine folks will bring boxes of the powder, then they'll have to heat water in the kettles in their rooms, then chill it...that'll take time

maybe if someone brings some of those little paper cups, others can each bring a flavor or two, we can divvy it up, make a LOT of little cups of different flavors (like many people doing this) and then all that want it can sample as many flavors as we can manage

does this sound workable? and doable with cooperation so that no one person is stuck schlepping 23 boxes of jello and 300 souffle cups through customs?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

does this sound workable? and doable with cooperation so that no one person is stuck schlepping 23 boxes of jello and 300 souffle cups through customs?
                      Check the other end too. Those lil boxes of American jelly powder are nicely C4-sized/shaped
                      scarimor

Comment

61 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                          Check the other end too. Those lil boxes of American jelly powder are nicely C4-sized/shaped
                          Shouldn't be a problem if they're packed in their original boxes. I haven't seen anything that prohibits carrying jello on a plane. Yet.

Are the refrigerators in the room big enough to use to set all this jello?
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            Shouldn't be a problem if they're packed in their original boxes. I haven't seen anything that prohibits carrying jello on a plane. Yet.

Are the refrigerators in the room big enough to use to set all this jello?
                            Hrmmm... well, I don't think I'll have a 'fridge in my room, so if I bring Jell-o I'll need to borrow someone's.

Comment

that's what i'm wondering. if we'll have enough fridge space. cause if we don't, then we can't play with the jello and will have to confine ourselves to chocolate and peanutbutter
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

that's what i'm wondering. if we'll have enough fridge space. cause if we don't, then we can't play with the jello and will have to confine ourselves to chocolate and peanutbutter
                                It all depends on how many people will have a fridge, Jan and I will have one, but I don't know if there will be enough space next to all of Jan's beer
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X