No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait! I change my mind! I'll bring See's Chocolate!

Gah. How can I forget about those.

Comment

66 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        how about a chocolate party adn a peanut butter party?

'everyone' brings a sample of chocolate from 'home'...Like for me, Russell Stover is a chocolate maker and i can bring a box of chocolates. someone else can bring some other kind (not organized of course, just bring a little bit of chocolate)

and then we can have a 'round the world' sampling of chocolate.

Same with different brands of peanut butter

For those that don't like either of htose, someone else can also bring some jello (gelatin ) and we can try different flavors

Nothing outrageous cost wise, i mean a couple of king sized bars can be cut into slices for folks to try. ONe box of jello can likely make a couple dozen sample sizes, etc

We can have an informal 'sample the food' party
        That sounds like fun I'll bring some chocolate.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          Oh god.....

Milka is good stuff, but all through my time in Germany I *Craved* Galaxy and Dairy Milk!
          *gasps in stunned outrage*

You can't possibly be serious!

Comment

LOL... I said I liked Milka. I love their seasonal flavours as well, it's such a nice touch. I got hooked on the various coffee flavours they did (I loved the mocha!) and the raspberry filled bar, oh and the cinnamon one at Christmas!

As for Belgian chocolate, I'm really not that fussed by it. Sorry Eve, but I'm not. I used to prefer the Belgian chocolate, but these days I prefer my chocolate full of sugar. Cadbury's all the way.

Saying that, Hotel Chocolat do some fabulous bars of chocolate from around the world.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I'll be bringing chocolat
              Don't eat peanutbutter *hides*, never really got into it..

I will bring some Belgian waffles from my dad

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                how about a chocolate party adn a peanut butter party?

'everyone' brings a sample of chocolate from 'home'...Like for me, Russell Stover is a chocolate maker and i can bring a box of chocolates. someone else can bring some other kind (not organized of course, just bring a little bit of chocolate)

and then we can have a 'round the world' sampling of chocolate.

Same with different brands of peanut butter

For those that don't like either of htose, someone else can also bring some jello (gelatin ) and we can try different flavors

Nothing outrageous cost wise, i mean a couple of king sized bars can be cut into slices for folks to try. ONe box of jello can likely make a couple dozen sample sizes, etc

We can have an informal 'sample the food' party
                Note to self: Pack extra peanut butter and chocolate.

Do we have anyone coming who's allergic to peanuts? I don't know about all of you, but a case of anaphylactic shock would ruin the party for me.

What? I'm just sayin'.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  Note to self: Pack extra peanut butter and chocolate.

Do we have anyone coming who's allergic to peanuts? I don't know about all of you, but a case of anaphylactic shock would ruin the party for me.

What? I'm just sayin'.
                  Becky is allergic to peanuts, that's why the chocolate and peanut butter tasting should be in separate rooms
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Becky is allergic to peanuts, that's why the chocolate and peanut butter tasting should be in separate rooms
                    Sounds like a good plan, but we should get rooms near each other so we can circulate. We'll just have to make sure there's plenty of soap in the bathrooms for peanut butter removal. Or are peanut allergies so bad that not even doing that would be safe?
                    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      I plan on bringing some creamy Skippy. I can also pick up some bars of Ghirardelli chocolate since it's made in California (though Northern, close enough).
                      Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      Wait! I change my mind! I'll bring See's Chocolate!

Gah. How can I forget about those.
                      I'd love to contribute to the chocolate and peanut butter party, too!

Ooh, another Skippy fan. I don't eat much peanut butter anymore these days, but growing up it was Skippy all the way!

antoa, Ghirardelli & See's two nice choices! You have all the good chocolate makers out by you! lol!

Ooh, if you're going to bring See's then I'll bring some Ghirardelli's (I love using their chocolate chips when baking cookies!)

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Great idea. I once went to the US, and together with the girls I stayed with, we held a chocolate tasting parting. I remember lots of peanutbutter / chocolate combo's (like snickers?), we don't have that over here. Was great fun. I'll be sure to bring some Dutch chocolate! And maybe some peanutbutter. I happen to like the Dutch Calve peanutbutter (crunchy ).
                      Wow, no Snickers? If anyone has a special request for a particular US candy bar just let me know, I'd be happy to add it to my list.

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

Originally posted by starflight View Post
                        Wow, no Snickers? If anyone has a special request for a particular US candy bar just let me know, I'd be happy to add it to my list.
                        No, we have snickers, just not the peanutbutter kind. That totally stood out from my trip and that everything was way bigger at McDonalds lol ... oh, and the donuts shops (we don't have them). Not that the trip was just about food or anything
                        sigpic

Comment

65 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            She not allergic to peanuts but intolerant. This means that she gets sick if she eats them or anything that has peanuts or peanut oil in it. She actually enjoys shelling the roasted whole nuts for her brother!

Folk who are allergic cannot, in some extreme cases, even be in the same room or environment with the nuts or nut products. I was on a flight once when they had to take all the nuts etc off the plane because a passenger was a sufferer.

As far as I am aware, we don't have any attendees who are that severely allergic. They usually make that clear in the 'special needs' box of the registration. Having said that, it is a good idea to have separate areas so that people can avoid contact.

Mumsey (with her G4 hat on)
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              I don't have that much to give, but you can have at least 30 pounds...

What area would you like it carved from?

suse
                              LOL. Thanks but no thanks. The keyboard I am using does not have the English pound sign!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

we will plan to take over TWO adjoining seating areas in the lobby for our chocolate/jello/peanut butter exchange.

those that don't enjoy them both, can stay with the one they like, those that do like them both, can mingle
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X