GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i'm doing a little convention survey (no need to answer here if you have on Samanda)
    for me

AT3
    Charmed

Chocolate all the way

The creation of the polar bears can be blamed on a large group of s/j shippers who threatened to send their mascot (penguins) after Mandy and I on IM one night (hey we had to defend ourselves so Polar bears). It kind of took off from there...
    Last edited by JanSam; 24 February 2008, 04:28 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

i'm doing a little convention survey (no need to answer here if you have on Samanda)

Are you going to:
      AT3 And / or gatecon
      Charmed / weekend pass or VIP vs Gatepass
      Team Penguins or Polar Bears
      Peanut butter or chocolate
      Just AT3, Woo Hoo
      A weekend pass, but just because I was too late for a charmed pass
      *looks at screenname* team penguins
      Chocolate, lots and lots of it

Interesting survey
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        I am actually a light packer. It's just that with a 2 1/2 week trip and gifts (on the way there) and souvenirs (on the way back), I do need a bit of space.

I used my 2 suite cases on an 11 day trip just fine (and this was with Christmas gifts, my Wii and Wii guitar taking up most of the room in my carry on).

The camera bag is small (only about 23 W x 16 D x 33 H cm) and there is no way I am going to check that (or my laptop bag, which fits nicely in the smaller roller). I might be able to fit the camera bag into the smaller roller, but it wouldn't leave much room for the gifts and souvenirs (which I would also rather not check either).

If I hadn't been burned by lost checked luggage, maybe I wouldn't have so much that I need in my carry on.
        I sometimes mail things ahead to the hotel with "hold for arrival" marked on it. Mostly clothes so there's more room for important things in suit case. I used to go to a ranch in BC and semd my heavy clothes ahead as I often also followed up with a trip to the coast where I needed lighter clothes. So far (fingers crossed) I've never lost anything that way. Always insured it all just in case.

Comment

67 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, wasn't sure if it would happen or not, but it looks like AT3 is still a go for me, sis and mom. RL had thrown some obstacles in the way, but they have been dealt with (basically, we said f*** it, let's go! and are duly ignoring the possible consequences )

Can't wait to see everyone there! So, who should I be reporting to with my JIF extra crunchy?
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

NOWHERE near becky

glad you can make it
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just exactly how many jars of peanut butter are coming to this convention?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                  Extra crunchy? <<shudder>> Creamy all the way!

I'd assume at least 1 for every room. Nice cheap meal.

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    I bought a small (12 oz/340g) jar of creamy JIF yesterday. I'm not going to eat it at AT3, but plan to bring it for whichever attendees want to try it during the feasting taste-testing.

*grins* Guess the question may be, who's going to be the Keeper of the Peanut Butters?
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

how about a chocolate party adn a peanut butter party?

'everyone' brings a sample of chocolate from 'home'...Like for me, Russell Stover is a chocolate maker and i can bring a box of chocolates. someone else can bring some other kind (not organized of course, just bring a little bit of chocolate)

and then we can have a 'round the world' sampling of chocolate.

Same with different brands of peanut butter

For those that don't like either of htose, someone else can also bring some jello (gelatin ) and we can try different flavors

Nothing outrageous cost wise, i mean a couple of king sized bars can be cut into slices for folks to try. ONe box of jello can likely make a couple dozen sample sizes, etc

We can have an informal 'sample the food' party

sigpic

Comment

'everyone' brings a sample of chocolate from 'home'...Like for me, Russell Stover is a chocolate maker and i can bring a box of chocolates. someone else can bring some other kind (not organized of course, just bring a little bit of chocolate)

For those that don't like either of htose, someone else can also bring some jello (gelatin ) and we can try different flavors

Nothing outrageous cost wise, i mean a couple of king sized bars can be cut into slices for folks to try. ONe box of jello can likely make a couple dozen sample sizes, etc

Oooh I like that idea, but I kind of have an idea all of your chocolate doesn't make any change against sofie and mine...because well Belgain chocolate just has that taste, that melts in your mouth, and party in your mouth

Peanutbutter on the other hand, well ours suck I still haven't found any good one here so

and jello good idea....

how about bringing something typical from where you live?? of course that might get complicated... I mean if it is a dich it is kind of hard to bring it eh...Unless you bring all the ingredients. but that would take a lot of time so nevermind

Comment

Are you going to:
                          AT3 And / or gatecon
                          Charmed / weekend pass or VIP vs Gatepass
                          Team Penguins or Polar Bears
                          Peanut butter or chocolate

for me

AT3
                          charmed pass
                          Don't get the penguines and polar bears thing. I can never keep it straight
                          Chocolate all the way

For me:

AT3/Charmed & Gatecon/VIP
                          Ummm, definitely a Penguin *peeks at sig*
                          Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate...especially dark chocolate....yum!

Oh, wow, that sounds like a wonderful idea!

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

we do have to consider customs. also whatever is brought can't really be cooked.

I know that belgian chocolate will kick the american chocolate. so will the UK chocolate. but it's all experimenting and getting to know things.

sigpic

Comment

I plan on bringing some creamy Skippy. I can also pick up some bars of Ghirardelli chocolate since it's made in California (though Northern, close enough).

I also have Jell-o (regular and sugar free) on my list as well as a special request for Reeces Pieces.

And I agree that UK and Belgium chocolate will kick butt. I bought a British kit Kat from an import store ths weekend and shared it with my dad. The first bite he said that it was *way* better than American Kit Kats and you can tell the difference in the quality of the chocolate.

Comment

Great idea. I once went to the US, and together with the girls I stayed with, we held a chocolate tasting parting. I remember lots of peanutbutter / chocolate combo's (like snickers?), we don't have that over here. Was great fun. I'll be sure to bring some Dutch chocolate! And maybe some peanutbutter. I happen to like the Dutch Calve peanutbutter (crunchy ).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X