GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatebee
    I watch "Tweedledum and Tweedledee Performance" could you repeat the show in our little get together. Don't want to miss such an excellent show!
    I hope our "performers" won't get stage fright at Gabit !

Originally posted by Kliggins
    He is unbribable. He hates chocolate, peanut butter and starch.
    So I'll bring organically grown carrots and some lettuce leaves.
    Originally posted by Kliggins
    No, I am not dressing up as Tweedledum or Tweedledee at Gabit!
    Awwww !! The Show must go on...how about a Chicken suit or a Bunny cossie,then ?
    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Ack... don't remind me. I had my first hang over at a very very VERY young age. It was Christmas dinner and a friend of my grandmother decided that I should be able to join in with the night's festivities so when everyone was toasting throughout the dinner, he kept filling my little sherry glass full of wine instead of grape juice. I don't recall much other than stumbling out of my chair half way through dinner and puking my guts out on the back porch.
    Oh boy..thank goodness you were ok .(eventually ! )
    I fell victim to my sister's pal's homemade blackcurrant wine when I was about 6 or 7.I thought it was Ribena and glugged down about a 1/3 of a pint.
    Bad result.Just bad !
    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I won't be hard to recognize. I'll be the tall ( 5'9" ), full figured gal with long, fire engine red hair and an extremely confused look on her face ( ok, maybe I was kidding about the fire engine red ). Oh and if my husband is with me we should really stand out in the crowd because he's only 5'2.
    Looking forward to meeting you both !
    (As for "full-figured"..I'm probably a little "over filled" ,lol !)
    Originally posted by flippy18
    *looks at all the posts* blimey, you lot have been busy!
    To be honest.we went a little nutty last night..I think we're getting a little hyper !
    Schooner of Sherry - that's my Great Aunt Esme's favourite, although we do tease her with just putting a straw in the bottle because she can get through a few schooners
    See everyone ? Flippy knows what a Schooner is !
    (Respect to G.Aunt..Sherry kind of catches up after a few .)
    I won't be drinking on the friday night of the convention, just because I want to be able to look remotely alive for my photo with Amanda on the saturday. At SG4 I was very nervous at the cocktail party and mixed my beverages with disastrous results. I regaled Amanda with tales of naming penguins after her and flying car doors on motorways, much to the amusement of my friends present. [In fact when I told them I was going to Gabit the first thing they said was Don't mention the penguin!] *shame* Then of course I was very hungover for th photo session on saturday morning, so that photo of Amanda and I has been hiding in a drawer since it was taken!
    Oops ! Thanks for sharing that.I bet Amanda laughed too !
    Saturday evening I may partake of a beverage or two but I'll stick to the Guinness, that takes me so long to drink there's no chance of me getting drunk
    More chewy than the average stout.A Guinness takes me approx an hour..and hits my brain.Hence mostly D.C. for me,lol !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
      What time are people arriving at the hotel? I get into Euston at 14:48 on the Friday. Then it might take me roughly 1 hour from then to get to the hotel.
      We're driving down as soon as possible on the Friday afternoon or evening,once my sister-In-Law and her Hubby arrive to take charge of the kids.
      Luckily,it's a half-term week ,so any homework and bedroom checks for hidden rubbish and laundry in the kids' rooms will already have been done !
      We're leaving some cash with Hubs' Sis ,for everyone to go to the cinema ,Quasar ,order take-out,etc.

Fingers crossed that no probs arise for any of us..especially Amanda .

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
        ...that really would explain all our Cosmic Daftness (T.M.)

LOL ! I'll be the stout,slightly maniacal tallish Scottish one, with the greying short dark hair,frantically searching for her glasses and chucking things around till I find the dratted things !
        Hey, you'll be doing better than I ... for the first time in my life, I managed to sit on my glasses ... am now on the way to the optician for needed repairs!

Obviously, my planets were not in alignment ...

Comment

Rune, I know it will be great fun. I have never been to anything like this before. I am so lucky that you guys added me in the list. It is like it was meant to be. Hubby taking me with him to his business trip which doesn't happen that often. And to be in London at the right time. I can't really believe it at all. Me very happy and excited
          Another con virgin! Welcome to the club! Obviously, the Three Musketeers (Rune, Kliggins, and Baggie) will be there to lead ... although, from what I'm reading here, we may be "entering at our own risk"!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Hey, you'll be doing better than I ... for the first time in my life, I managed to sit on my glasses ... am now on the way to the optician for needed repairs!
            Ouch ! This could be an expensive repair job,too,depending on what's been broken.
            I hope they fix them asap....the world becomes a risky place when one can't judge distances !
            Obviously, my planets were not in alignment ...
            Could be ,CG....but at least when your glasses are safely fixed,everything will have clear edges again.
            (In my case that seldom helps..but at least I can see what I tripped on ! )

BTW : If any of you are having probs posting today,the forum's been upgraded ,and there are a few little things that seem to be different,better,or glitchy .

Also,pm feature isn't available atm.I've mentioned it in the thread Greg made,in "The General's Office " section,so it's a case of wait and see what 'll happen !

See this thread for details :http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18261

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              I hope our "performers" won't get stage fright at Gabit !
              Awwww !! The Show must go on...how about a Chicken suit or a Bunny cossie,then ?

!
              I'll sit right up front to watch the Chicken suit

Comment

[QUOTE=F.H.BAGPUSS]. Ribena
                My kids also drank Ribena as make believe wine during the holidays.

Comment

Yes - you've discovered the Samandan secret ... that's why our kingdom is full of kindness ... we have homemade sloe gin and a royal liquor cabinet!

Oi Jest. What are you doing giving away my special ingredients for sloe gin?!

I may be persuaded to bring some 2003 vintage to GABIT if I can manage some creative year end stocktaking of the liquor cabinet!!

Comment

1 bottle of gin plus 1 bottle of gin = some gin

Any Blackadder fans out there??!!

Comment

Another con virgin! Welcome to the club! Obviously, the Three Musketeers (Rune, Kliggins, and Baggie) will be there to lead ... although, from what I'm reading here, we may be "entering at our own risk"!
                      I will follow the Three Musketeers.... they look like fun ...

Comment

I think we're nearer the Keystone Kops .Or The Goons.
                        Don't say you weren't warned.....
                        I'll sit right up front to watch the Chicken suit
                        Hmm..I have to get Kliggins into it first !
                        Not that I actually possess a Chicken Suit for her anyway...yet !
                        Ribena
                        My kids also drank Ribena as make believe wine during the holidays.
                        Cool ! Whereas,I disgraced myself by imbibing the full-fat version of blackcurrant juice.Oooh..my Mum was not happy !

Originally posted by Coley
                        1 bottle of gin plus 1 bottle of gin = some gin

Any Blackadder fans out there??!!
                        *Raises hand * Me (and Hubs) !
                        I loved the show,and all the nuttiness.I found the WW1 Blackadder Goes Forth series end to be really poignant,though.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                          Oi Jest. What are you doing giving away my special ingredients for sloe gin?!

I may be persuaded to bring some 2003 vintage to GABIT if I can manage some creative year end stocktaking of the liquor cabinet!!
                          LOL If you bring your special-vintage homemade brew, I'll buy the ginger-ale and we'll have a sloe-gin fizz! It's been years since I had one!

Comment

LOL If you bring your special-vintage homemade brew, I'll buy the ginger-ale and we'll have a sloe-gin fizz! It's been years since I had one!
                            with that mixture, I fail to see what is sloe (slow) about it.

Comment

The Three Muskateers! We have a reputation and the con hasn't even started yet.

Now CG, there is no risk.

Originally posted by F.H.Bagpuss
                              I think we're nearer the Keystone Kops .Or The Goons.
                              Don't say you weren't warned.....
                              Oooooo, the Goonies, perfect.
                              Last edited by Kliggins; 29 September 2005, 06:02 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                                30 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

What time are people arriving at the hotel? I get into Euston at 14:48 on the Friday. Then it might take me roughly 1 hour from then to get to the hotel.
                                I will be arriving October 27 at 8:15 a.m. so I can have a day of play in the city before the convention. Probably my room will not be ready, but I can check in and have them hold the bag until I get back.

Oh I forgot, meeting a friend in city on Thursday.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X