Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We've been getting a lot of emails from people asking about GABIT's policy on photography at AT3 etc.

Here it is in a nutshell and it is quite simple.

Absolutely *no* photography allowed in the autograph room or photography room. You will be required to put your cameras/belongings/handbags into the bag check as you enter.

Anyone attempting to take a photograph in that room will be asked to leave and may forfeit their right to take part in the rest of the event. We do this out of respect for Amanda and for other fans who are meeting her.

Absolutely *no* photography in the "Tea with Amanda" room. When you come in you will be asked to hand in your bags/cameras to the steward at the door. This is a new room this year. Julia from the G4, and John, the photographer will be at the other end of the room and John will take a professional photograph of the group for everyone at the end.

Photography is allowed at the beginning of the Q & As for the first five minutes only.

No photography at the cocktail party while Amanda is at your table. You will be given a professional photograph of your group with Amanda which will be taken by John. You may take photographs of each other and the room when Amanda is not at your table but please respect the other attendees and Amanda herself and do not continually flash your camera. For security reasons we do not allow people to wander around the room while Amanda is moving around the room. If you do take photos and are inconsiderate then we will ask you to put your camera away.

All mobile phones/blackberries etc must be switched OFF in all the event rooms. They interfere with the equipment we use. Standby/Silent mode is not acceptable, they must be completely switched OFF. As such you are not allowed to use mobile phones with cameras to take photos in the main hall. The taking of Video clips or movies, is not permitted at any time.

These rules are very simple. They have been formulated as a result of years of experience at Events. Having flash photography continually going is uncomfortable for the guest. Respecting their privacy while they are meeting people at both photography and autograph sessions is also important. We would expect Amanda's fans to be respectful and adhere to these rules but we have on occasion sadly had to enforce the rule.

Hopefully this answers the questions we've been getting in emails. Feel free to cross post to other groups/forums where you feel it is necessary.

Julia
      G4
      Chairman, Guest Services Director, GABIT
      Last edited by JuliaR; 02 February 2008, 07:58 AM. Reason: spelling
      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Just one quick questions about the photography rules. You said that it's only allowed for the first 5 minutes of the Q&A and I assume that's to stop all the flashes for the remainder of it. What about those of us who take their pictures without a flash? I do this all all cons because I figure even one less flash going off is a good thing (and I still get good pictures *hugs camera*). So, yeah. Just want to make sure. This might determine if I splurge on new lenses or not.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
          Just one quick questions about the photography rules. You said that it's only allowed for the first 5 minutes of the Q&A and I assume that's to stop all the flashes for the remainder of it. What about those of us who take their pictures without a flash? I do this all all cons because I figure even one less flash going off is a good thing (and I still get good pictures *hugs camera*). So, yeah. Just want to make sure. This might determine if I splurge on new lenses or not.

You can take pictures throughout Amanda's talks but not with flash after 5 minutes. It is for her comfort as being bombarded by flash photography for more than five minutes is pretty uncomfortable. So we do enforce that stringently.

I do have to warn everyone though. This year we will be policing even more strictly the "no video" rule. If a steward even *thinks* someone is taking film with their digital camera they will be asked to put it away. At the last event people videoed at the event even though we had asked people to put video cameras away and this was done via a digital camera or mobile phone. There are no mobile phones allowed to be on this time. It interferes with our equipment and I'm afraid we will be watching carefully all digital cameras capable of video capacity. We had to have the video footage removed from the site it had been uploaded to by a fan last time.

So in summary:- Photography throughout talks fine. Flash for only the first five minutes. Video filming strictly forbidden. Mobile phones strictly forbidden.

Julia
          G4
          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
            You can take pictures throughout Amanda's talks but not with flash after 5 minutes. It is for her comfort as being bombarded by flash photography for more than five minutes is pretty uncomfortable. So we do enforce that stringently.

I do have to warn everyone though. This year we will be policing even more strictly the "no video" rule. If a steward even *thinks* someone is taking film with their digital camera they will be asked to put it away. At the last event people videoed at the event even though we had asked people to put video cameras away and this was done via a digital camera or mobile phone. There are no mobile phones allowed to be on this time. It interferes with our equipment and I'm afraid we will be watching carefully all digital cameras capable of video capacity. We had to have the video footage removed from the site it had been uploaded to by a fan last time.

So in summary:- Photography throughout talks fine. Flash for only the first five minutes. Video filming strictly forbidden. Mobile phones strictly forbidden.

Julia
            G4
            In addition to JuliaRs comments above, if your camera does annoying things on it's own you may be asked to stop taking pictures as well. I am thinking of constant beeping when aquireing focus, or a range finding type flash light. I has a EOS with a light on the side that flashed pretty brightly whenever the button was partailly depressed. I used to take Ice Hockey action shots and that flash was just as dangerous and annoying to the players as the main one. I couldn't turn it off so I kept a piece of black electrical tape handy and blocked it off.

Remember everyone around you is there to see and HEAR Amanda, not the beep beep beep of someone elses camera! Please be considerate of your fellow attendees.

Becks
            G4

Comment

Big huge announcment

so read it

Ok folks, i know we were talking about writing letters/cards to amanda. And that can certainly be done.

HOWEVER

Snail mail takes time.

Through means that i will not discuss, there in an opportunity to get messages to her later on this month. I will NOT tell you how or why. That part of this is non-negotiable. You're gonna have to take this on faith.

However, if you would like to e-mail ME a note/message/letter/graphic (and by letter i don't mean 20 page novella please) I can use this means to get those messages to amanda. (I can't do videos or anything like that. It needs to be letters or the like)

Just e-mail me your notes, type it in an e-mail, send it as an attachment, whatever. I'll collect them. They'll be cut and pasted into a singular document or printed out and collected together, then will get to amanda later on this month.

Anything anyone sends will be kept confidential. Only the persons involved and Amanda will see it.

the deadline is february 15th. Hard and fast deadline.

You can use the e-mail attached to my profile if you're cutting and pasting. or sky_diver119 @ yahoo.com

If you can't e-mail, you can PM me, but e-mail would be the best.

just PLEASE make sure that you note in the subject that it's for amanda. I don't want to lose anything to spam.

So folks, please, have fun and send me some stuff and we'll make February a fun month for Amanda, cause by the end of it, she'll have a handful of some beautiful words to let her know that - for every person out there that's a meanie, there are two of us that love her, support her and respect her.

I'm going to post this in the sanctuary thread but you can cross post this wherever you think there are some Amanda fans that would like to participate.

THe more people that play, the more love we can share.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

89 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                  89 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I haven't started packing yet!
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    I haven't started packing yet!
                    But do you know what you're taking?

I just found 2 1/2 gallon zip-top bags yesterday to pack stuff in. Maybe one of these days I'll acquire luggage.
                    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

88 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday
                        Becky_Preen
                        sigpic

Comment

87 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY_PREEN!!!!

Comment

Becky!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post

Becky!

PLEASE let those be white chocolate and macademia nut cookies... If they have peanuts I'll cry!!!

becks

Comment

Working...
                                X