GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
    Yep. Sugar free. Though the official Jell-o site doesn't list blue as one of the sugar free options...

http://www.kraftfoods.com/jello/prod...orie-desserts/

I'll check the store

Will anyone actually have the means to make the jell-o?
    I don't think the blue comes in sugar free
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      I will look into the generic alternative. I'll for sure bring regular blue and some sugar free red.

*edit* my 1900th post was about jell-o

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        If I put everything out on the couch, the cats would sleep on it, and I'd be cleaning cat hair of my clothes the entire time I was in London.
        That is EXACTLY what I thought of when I read putting stuff out ahead of time. Any one thing I put anywhere automatically becomes a cat bed. In fact every piece of clothing I have is blessed with cat hair.

And did anyone see the news item last week about the cat (GracieMay) who was found by a very surprised man who picked up the wrong suitcase at the airport in Texas; when he opened it an angry cat jumped out. Meanwhile the man from Florida whose suitcase it was had reported hit missing and his wife, still in Florida, was weeping copious tears as her kitty (who was recovering from being spayed) was missing. The surprised man found a phone # on the kitty's collar and called it to report the find and reassured it wasn't done purposely, he sent GracieMay home. They were all on the Today show; even GracieMay. I love this story--can't imagine how the cat survived packed in a 2-suiter for 3 or 4 hours in the baggage compartment. She looked healthy so guess she was no worse for wear.

A bit OT but fun!!?!!

Comment

6. Get keys to petsitting friends/angels.
          7. Put in pheromone air freshener to calm neurotic, anxious kitty.
          8. Sleep in same pajama top for about ten days (so it really smell like me a lot) and put it in anxious kitty's favorite spot.
          9. Spray catnip on scratching posts so anxious kitty's companion kitty scratches the scratching posts and not pretty purple leather couches.
          10. Remind self that going to London is a really good reason to miss the cats.
          You definitely think like me--only my kitties don't get anxious I don't think as when I return--and I leave the blankets turned back so they can sleep on my sheets. (You should see them when I return--cat hair abounds!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            I've never seen it, and I only eat the sugar-free stuff.

Originally posted by donamac View Post
            You definitely think like me--only my kitties don't get anxious I don't think as when I return--and I leave the blankets turned back so they can sleep on my sheets. (You should see them when I return--cat hair abounds!)
            Both of mine were abused before I got them, and one has been afraid of her own shadow ever since. Neither will stay near anyone else, so my being gone for ten days will be hard for them (and me). I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will help them cope until I get back. The sheets are definitely part of the agenda.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              Especially love the tip of not going to a restaurant with "we speak english" signs
              Rick Steves has a show on public TV here and lives nearby. Some of my friends have accompanied him on European trips. He's apparently a pretty nice guy==I've seen him places but never met him. He has some novel ideas about travel.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                Kettles in the rooms. Brits can bring jugs and plastic cups make good portions. Aparrently the blue jello used in the chopsticks G4 torture competition at AT1 was made at the hotel.

Mumsey
                (with hopes rising)
                It's relatively easy to make blue jello with Knox unflavored gelatin and food coloring--the trick is to make it TASTE like real blue jello. And I haven't figured out if using a sugar substitute will jell like Jello does. Last time I tried I used Splenda and it didn't jell very firmly. I guess it just takes experimentation

Comment

I've never seen it, and I only eat the sugar-free stuff.

Both of mine were abused before I got them, and one has been afraid of her own shadow ever since. Neither will stay near anyone else, so my being gone for ten days will be hard for them (and me). I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will help them cope until I get back. The sheets are definitely part of the agenda.
                  Pepper, my male, was badly injured--probably bitten--when I got him. He has become "the greeter" and is always at the door when there's a knock. But Callie, a little calico/torty female, was born wild and most casual callers never get to see her. She hides, and is very jumpy--try to get her to the vet and one must wear armour. Getting her in the travel case is well nigh impossible. Can't pick her up but she does get on my lap and "makes bread" with all her long claws. Both are indoor only cats as they are from rescue organizations. I love them dearly. They are also used to me being here all the time as I have always worked at home. I have several friends who help out feeding and loving them while I'm away (well Pepper anyway) Callie eats only when alone. Still they seem fine when I return, thank goodness. These are pictures of them both.

http://homepage.mac.com/donamac/PhotoAlbum2.html

http://homepage.mac.com/donamac/PhotoAlbum4.html

Comment

Pepper, my male, was badly injured--probably bitten--when I got him. He has become "the greeter" and is always at the door when there's a knock. But Callie, a little calico/torty female, was born wild and most casual callers never get to see her. She hides, and is very jumpy--try to get her to the vet and one must wear armour. Getting her in the travel case is well nigh impossible. Can't pick her up but she does get on my lap and "makes bread" with all her long claws. Both are indoor only cats as they are from rescue organizations. I love them dearly. They are also used to me being here all the time as I have always worked at home. I have several friends who help out feeding and loving them while I'm away (well Pepper anyway) Callie eats only when alone. Still they seem fine when I return, thank goodness. These are pictures of them both.

http://homepage.mac.com/donamac/PhotoAlbum2.html

http://homepage.mac.com/donamac/PhotoAlbum4.html
                    They are so cute!!!

I have 2 cats too, of course hubby will take care of them, but 1 of them (the female) really prefers me ....
                    a well, it's only for a couple of days (that of course, are going to last and last, no flying by for those days!).
                    sigpic

Comment

94 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can't pick her up but she does get on my lap and "makes bread" with all her long claws.
                        In our family we call it "making puddings".

Cute kitties. One deep regret in my life is that I am allergic to cats. I adore them and can't resist petting them when they come within arms length - but oh boy do I suffer for it! My sister is jointly owned by next door's cat. He spends his time equally in each house, and even if he's not around, I usually end up wheezing within 15 minutes when I visit. He's a people-loving cat and spreads the love wherever he can and is totally irresistable. At the end of a visit my eyes are streaming, I'm sneezing up a storm and fighting for breath.

Mumsey
                        (trying not to listen to people who are saying there's no sugar-free blue jello)
                        Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 29 January 2008, 08:41 AM. Reason: spelling!
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

92 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not get into the forum yesterday! Some technical hitch or something like that.

Comment

A few items of news for AT3 attendees.

I can confirm that the Cocktail Party for Charmed Pass holders is scheduled to happen on the Friday night.

There will be no disco on the Friday or Sunday nights. These have proved to be so poorly attended at our other events that we decided it is better not to run one. Instead attendees normally chill out in the hotel foyer and chat and relax and meet one another.

The Saturday night disco theme is red. Please wear an item of red clothing, hair band etc and go along and enjoy!.

The hotel is undergoing some refurbishment to its foyer/bar area for the next few months and so we will not be using our normal photograph/autograph room or dealer area/registration. Instead we have a lovely suite of rooms downstairs. These are slightly larger in size and benefit from their own lobby/seating area in addition to the ample seating space still available upstairs. This floor is fully accessible via lifts and staircase and will be fully signposted and easy to find.
                            The main hall for Amanda's Q & As etc is the same one as it has always been!

So make sure you look for the large banner with Amanda on it and a large AT3 by the staircase when you arrive on the Friday for registration. There will be members of our staff and stewards to greet and direct everyone to Reg, Legends and the Charity tables. The Cocktail party will also be held downstairs. This will be fully signposted.

Day tickets will go on sale shortly. We have had enquiries from many people as to whether we will be selling them as in previous years. We had a G4 meeting last night and have decided to sell a strictly limited number of day passes at £90 each. Details of how to purchase will be released shortly.

That's all the news for now folks.

Julia
                            G4
                            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, Julia! It makes planning a lot easier!
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You took the words out of my mouth (my fingers? Hmmmm), m'dear
                                Thanks Julia!

Now ... which red to wear ... *ponders*
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X