Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
    111 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

My last post for a while! Very shortly i'm leaving for a holiday in Canada!!!

3 nights in Toronto, including a day trip to Niagara Falls. Then cross country by train to Vancouver!

I'm really exited

See you all in 13 days
    Oh boy, are you in for a great trip! Did the same thing last year and it was Blankety-blank freezin'. But then that's what I went for

Have fun. Be safe.

Hugs

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

110 Days to go!!!
      sigpic

Comment

109 Days To Go!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
          109 Days To Go!!!
          Yay, the countdown continues!

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

108 Days To Go!!!

Hi Tracy
            sigpic

Comment

So what are we going to do to celebrate getting down to double digits? We're approaching it pretty quickly.

*little squee*
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

i'm moderately surprised

i just looked up flights and its' around the 750 mark for round trip. a little over last time, but not as bad as i'd expected. I was steeling myself for 1000 air fare

fingers crossed
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i'm moderately surprised

i just looked up flights and its' around the 750 mark for round trip. a little over last time, but not as bad as i'd expected. I was steeling myself for 1000 air fare

fingers crossed
                  Me too! I was preparing myself to pay at least 1200 for my flights (I'm flying to Dublin after London), but it looks like I'll get everything for under $800! (or just over).

Not too bad at all.

FYI, I highly recommend searching for flights via kayak.com. That site searches all the big travel sites (travelocity, orbitz, cheaptickets) as well as the major airlines themselves.

Comment

i'll look,t hanks
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i'm moderately surprised

fingers crossed
                      I booked my ticket today a nonstop on BA from Seattle to London Heathrow and the advertised price on cheapoair.com was 500 bucks--BUT with added fees and taxes (and insurance) it turned out to be 966. About 100 bucks more than 2 years ago. Those taxes and fees are really steep!

Worth it though as the flight is only about 9-1/2 hours "over the pole" and it's worth it to not have to change planes.

Can't wait...

Comment

Yes, never underestimate fees and taxes, please! I booked my last flight to Vancouver on airmiles and still paid almost 300 USD for fees and taxes.

Comment

When I booked my flight through a Dutch website, the orginial price was something like 165 euro and then 70 euro's or so "costs" were added. I didn't book at that website, but directly with KLM. Orignal and final price 175 euro. It really is worth to look around before you book.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            When I booked my flight through a Dutch website, the orginial price was something like 165 euro and then 70 euro's or so "costs" were added. I didn't book at that website, but directly with KLM. Orignal and final price 175 euro. It really is worth to look around before you book.
                            Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard of booking with the airline directly being cheaper than a travel website. Excellent!

Comment

107 Days to Go!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oooh Kliggins I have to say what a great job you are doing filling in

On the topics of flights, yea you have to make sure the price you are quoted has everything included. Flights from Toronto are running about $830 Can.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X