X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

124 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
      As far as the food in the UK, I found the food and drink to be fine and ate at a bunch of different places in central London before I ended my stay at the Ren. You'll survive just fine Mandy! *smiles at the memory of a little Italian restaurant round the corner from the Gloucester Tube station*
      OMG I totally know that restaurant!! And affordable too. I've had both fresh pizza and pasta from it and both were incredible.

With the UK, it's largely about what you eat and how you eat it. I still eat very much as I did living in South Africa.. but I suppose living in the UK has taught me how to shop and what to avoid. I am beyond a fussy eater so if I go out I'm pretty specific about where I eat. Water is a biggie. I drink a lot of water.. although so far I've always had a pretty tolerable tummy for different water supplies. On the Friday morn when I check in I will be heading off to the nearest supermarket where giant bottles of water are always really cheap. Those who wish to join, please do. You can't get lost with me...much.

sigpic

Comment

Oh, talking of nice restaurants, there's a great little place just opposite the Leicester Square tube station. It doesn't look much from the outside, but once you get in and they seat you upstairs, it's beautiful and the food is lovely and affordable too!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
          What about cider? (It's not the same stuff we get in Canada...although I like that too, come to think of it.)
          I don't really like beer either but cider is gooooooooooood
          ...not as good as vodka, but hey - when in Britain, drink like a Brit!
          You can find places that will give you refills on cola - you just need to know where to look. Best chance is to hit an American chain. If you're in a pub, make sure you're asking for a pint of cola - that's about the size(ish) of a large back home ... (I did say 'ish'!)
          i'm not a fan of cider either, i'm afriad. got sick off turned apple cider once

But i'll look for pints of diet cola.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
            On the Friday morn when I check in I will be heading off to the nearest supermarket where giant bottles of water are always really cheap. Those who wish to join, please do. You can't get lost with me...much.

I think I will join you for that trip! I drink a ton of water (since I don't drink any soda).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

If you ask for a pint they'll give you one. I like my coke to come jumbo size
              sigpic

Comment

OMG I totally know that restaurant!! And affordable too. I've had both fresh pizza and pasta from it and both were incredible.

With the UK, it's largely about what you eat and how you eat it. I still eat very much as I did living in South Africa.. but I suppose living in the UK has taught me how to shop and what to avoid. I am beyond a fussy eater so if I go out I'm pretty specific about where I eat. Water is a biggie. I drink a lot of water.. although so far I've always had a pretty tolerable tummy for different water supplies. On the Friday morn when I check in I will be heading off to the nearest supermarket where giant bottles of water are always really cheap. Those who wish to join, please do. You can't get lost with me...much.

There's a little supermarket within walking distance from the Ren. They even have a little deli. It'll take you all of about 5 mins to get there.

Comment

Do you think I can order pints of tea too
                  On the Friday morn when I check in I will be heading off to the nearest supermarket where giant bottles of water are always really cheap. Those who wish to join, please do. You can't get lost with me...much.

Is it OK if me and my carers join you on that trip too? I can get orange juice (with no bits ) I can't drink fizzy stuff it gives me a soar belly

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                    Sounds like my kind of place
                    I'll join you for one or two or...
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                      Sounds like my kind of place
                      Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                      I'll join you for one or two or...
                      You know, I'm going to have enough trouble dragging Jan's drunken butt out of the bar, I don't think I can handle 2 people
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

123 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

My last countdown entry of the year!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                          123 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

My last countdown entry of the year!!
                          Nice job Mal!
                          sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday No 1 Son!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                              Oh, talking of nice restaurants, there's a great little place just opposite the Leicester Square tube station. It doesn't look much from the outside, but once you get in and they seat you upstairs, it's beautiful and the food is lovely and affordable too!
                              Ooh! Ooh! I've been there too!!! *grin*

Right, so we've discovered it's not just North American chains that do the bottomless cola -- Nando's does too

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              Do you think I can order pints of tea too

Is it OK if me and my carers join you on that trip too? I can get orange juice (with no bits ) I can't drink fizzy stuff it gives me a soar belly

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              Generally tea is sold by the pot, m'dear.

If you want decent 'smooth' OJ, Tesco's and ASDA own brands are actually not bad, and MUCH more reasonably priced than the imports like Tropicana.
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post

Generally tea is sold by the pot, m'dear.

If you want decent 'smooth' OJ, Tesco's and ASDA own brands are actually not bad, and MUCH more reasonably priced than the imports like Tropicana.
                                Ooh good idea ames does anyone know if there's a Tesco, ASDA or morrisons near the Ren? We're flying down from either Edinburgh or Glasgow and am I right in thinking you're not allowed to take liquid on the plane or did I dream that up from somewhere? LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X