Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HappyHolidaysEveryone!!!

I hope everyone is having a safe and wonderful holiday this year
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

128 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

127 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

126 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Okay, now you are really scaring me about British food
              I just had British food for a week and I survived, I even actually enjoyed it It is really yummie a bit strange but yummie

and I am back from a week of Holiday in Wales

so MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS!!!

Comment

strange is a good word for it

I had an upset stomach the whole two weeks, i think it's the fat, i dunno. All i know is i came home absolutely craving a cheese burger and an nice cold 32 ounce diet coke, with plenty of ice
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It was more likely to be the water, Sky. When I first moved to the south coast from the midlands (And when I moved to Germany and to France), I spent a couple of weeks with an upset stomach. In fact, my stomach is doing cartwheels now because I'm in Bedfordshire.... water that's different to usual can really throw your system and let's face it, you ingest more water than you think.... you wash in it, you drink it, food is cooked in it, cooking utensils are washed in it.... and if you have ice, then that's usually made out of tap water. If I go on holiday, I try to drink bottled water to reduce the shock to my body and ensure that I have a relaxing time, rather than being ill!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

it could have been. I know that it bugged me for a couple of weeks after i came back

that's about the only thing i'm kinda dreading, upset stomach and the dire lack of big glasses of soda (which is even harder cause i don't drink beer, and that's the easiest to find)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      It was more likely to be the water, Sky. When I first moved to the south coast from the midlands (And when I moved to Germany and to France), I spent a couple of weeks with an upset stomach. In fact, my stomach is doing cartwheels now because I'm in Bedfordshire.... water that's different to usual can really throw your system and let's face it, you ingest more water than you think.... you wash in it, you drink it, food is cooked in it, cooking utensils are washed in it.... and if you have ice, then that's usually made out of tap water. If I go on holiday, I try to drink bottled water to reduce the shock to my body and ensure that I have a relaxing time, rather than being ill!
                      TJ's suggestion about the bottled water is a good one Sky, especially if your stomach is really sensitive. I know that even 'round here, at a local con (Shore Leave) or at work, I do the bottled water thing. Much better to do that and not have to camp out in the bathroom... ... especially if you want to be out having fun with friends instead. (LOL! When my SL roomies this year caught sight of all the bottled water I brought for us to drink they kinda went like this >>> But it was great to not have to worry about water and we'd popped a bunch in the mini-fridge.)

As far as the food in the UK, I found the food and drink to be fine and ate at a bunch of different places in central London before I ended my stay at the Ren. You'll survive just fine Mandy! *smiles at the memory of a little Italian restaurant round the corner from the Gloucester Tube station*

*eyes Mal's countdown calendar* Just 4 months now! And not a plan made. Told my boss that was my main "To Do" thing this weekend - get the 'Net surfing for tickets/itenerary/you name it done. Even gave her permission to kick my butt if I came back to work on Monday without having done it!
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        beer, and that's the easiest to find)
                        Sounds like my kind of place
                        sigpic

Comment

lol

i just wished i liked beer

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            Sounds like my kind of place
                            mine to

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              lol

i just wished i liked beer
                              What about cider? (It's not the same stuff we get in Canada...although I like that too, come to think of it.)
                              I don't really like beer either but cider is gooooooooooood
                              ...not as good as vodka, but hey - when in Britain, drink like a Brit!
                              You can find places that will give you refills on cola - you just need to know where to look. Best chance is to hit an American chain. If you're in a pub, make sure you're asking for a pint of cola - that's about the size(ish) of a large back home ... (I did say 'ish'!)
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

125 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X