GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow only 33 days left.

I can't believe how quickly time is flying.

I'm assuming that the season filming will have wrapped up by the time we see Amanda at Gabit. Just curious but what are the etiquette rules about asking questions regarding the current season at cons? Like here in the states we have seen the first half of the season, but I know the UK will have only seen a couple of episodes by the end of October, so are we typically allowed to ask questions about the second half of the season or is that looked down upon?

I have several questions I'd like to ask Amanda, but I wouldn't want to upset anyone with spoilers.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Hi All

Just returned from an amazing week in Poland and still unpacking my bags but actually ... why am I doing that?! I'll just be repacking in another couple weeks for GABIT!!
      Ms Lane ! You're back ! Glad you had a great holiday...hope the Gabit trip's going to be even better for you.
      Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
      Ok a little information for the over seas people. The clocks in the UK will be going back an hour, more that likly on the Saturday night of the con.
      I admit I forgot all about that. Thanks,Mal.
      Originally posted by flippy18
      Have done the trial badge, see piccy below, for you to see what you think. Kliggins, you're being used for the trial again

http://home.clara.net/flipper/amanda/gwbadge.jpg
      Perfect,imo. Bravo !

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      This is great. Now I'm even more excited than ever....if it's possible to get more excited!
      It's about time Kliggins was put on trial!
      I forgot about the clocks going back, but this means we'll have an extra hour of fun! Woohoo!
      Kliggins on trial..! *Zips mouth*
      I think I might use that extra hour for hibernation. I don't want to sleep in and miss anything.Best nobody falls asleep during the Sunday Panels,as snoring may prove embarassing !

ETA :
      Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I'm assuming that the season filming will have wrapped up by the time we see Amanda at Gabit.
      As far as I know,filming is due to wrap about ten days before Gabit begins .
      Just curious but what are the etiquette rules about asking questions regarding the current season at cons? Like here in the states we have seen the first half of the season, but I know the UK will have only seen a couple of episodes by the end of October, so are we typically allowed to ask questions about the second half of the season or is that looked down upon?
      I'd like to know more about this too. I think at most Cons,it's ok to ask about upcoming eps,and at recent US Cons,the actors and PTB have given tidbits of info out,haven't they ?
      I have several questions I'd like to ask Amanda, but I wouldn't want to upset anyone with spoilers.
      I see your dilemma ! I don't mind spoilers,myself,but some people absolutely detest them.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 September 2005, 03:05 PM. Reason: Adding in reply to ForeverSg1.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Like here in the states we have seen the first half of the season, but I know the UK will have only seen a couple of episodes by the end of October, so are we typically allowed to ask questions about the second half of the season or is that looked down upon?

Kat
        I think Amanda will ask the other fans if they want spoilers, and she goes 0on the majority vote..... At least that IS what i've seen at other cons.

She wont answer questions on major plot lines of eps not aired. But she might drop a hint.

I surgest you ask in the Convention Ettiquette: Discussion and Advice on Do's and Don'ts thread..... you might get a better answer there

ANYWAY!!!!!
        32 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

I remember that Had early morning stewarding duty and I turned up on time but noone else was there

Have done the trial badge, see piccy below, for you to see what you think. Kliggins, you're being used for the trial again

I love it Flippy. Sign me up for one please. I like the round badge better than square, but I will defer to the majority. You should only have to make one type of badge. Fantastic job. *claps* and
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
            Looks good, well done Flippy.

Kliggs, you're on trial again? What have you done this time?

Mal, v good point about the time. Well spotted.
            In order to confuse as many people as possible we usually get two 2am's
            *sputters* I did not do anything. I was minding my own business just giving my opinion.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              :It's about time Kliggins was put on trial!
              I forgot about the clocks going back, but this means we'll have an extra hour of fun! Woohoo!

Hey, what did I ever do?

Thank goodness for an extra hour of sleep. My bags and wrinkles need all the sleep they can get.

Okay folks, I am really coming over to England now. Plane ticket is purchased and e-mail confirmation received.
              sigpic

Comment

oooo I might remember you.... Have you been to other wolf conventions??
                SG3 and 4. 5 was my last one. I'd met pretty much everyone I'd wanted to meet then, coupled with the fanwars and financial pressures I decided that would be my last con for a while.

The talk of spoilers for S9 is making me smile, I haven't seen S7 or 8 never mind 9

As for the badges, if everyone is happy with the last design then I'll go with that should I? The badge machine only makes round ones so we have no choice with that. Probably won't get around to making them up for a week or two so if you have any changes to make or want a different name on them, there's plenty of time to do so.

Managed to reserve my hotel room on Friday, just the coach left to book now.
                LizWhite.net

Comment

I don't think we have to worry about Amanda answering questions ...

"Don't you dare tell them anything about Season Nine!"

And, here she is, preparing for the GABIT presentations, courtesy of TPTB ...

Of course, to use the term "brainwash" wouldn't be PC ... the producers like to call this procedure "selective memory download" and apply it to every cast member about to attend a con!
                  Last edited by ChopinGal; 27 September 2005, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Of course, to use the term "brainwash" wouldn't be PC ... the producers like to call this procedure "selective memory download" and apply it to every cast member about to attend a con!
                    Oh that is SO funny!! Well done!

Comment

SG3 and 4. 5 was my last one. I'd met pretty much everyone I'd wanted to meet then, coupled with the fanwars and financial pressures I decided that would be my last con for a while.

The talk of spoilers for S9 is making me smile, I haven't seen S7 or 8 never mind 9

As for the badges, if everyone is happy with the last design then I'll go with that should I? The badge machine only makes round ones so we have no choice with that. Probably won't get around to making them up for a week or two so if you have any changes to make or want a different name on them, there's plenty of time to do so.

Managed to reserve my hotel room on Friday, just the coach left to book now.
                      I did sg4, 5,6,7,8. And 2 gatecons. SG9 I missed but I was going to do SG10. But because its the weekend following this con I cant go to it. I'm contracted to work 4 nights a week, though I tend to work 5.

I dont think i'll be able to persude me to have 2 long weekends off in a row!

Also theres the expense to consider.

The badge: I really like the last one. i'm happy with it. If you put my name as it appears on the forum could you spell LLWCH with the 2 L's please?? not lwch!!

((((((((hugs))))))))

Comment

wow , I am getting so excited. It is coming so fast now.

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nGal/Enemy.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/SamGame.jpg

ROFL! Great CG
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            wow , I am getting so excited. It is coming so fast now.
                            Yeah a day closer now!!!! 31 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah a day closer now!!!! 31 DAYS!!!!!!!!
                              The 31-day mark seems a good time to repost/update the lists.

Attending the Convention :

Mal
                              F.H.Bagpuss
                              SeaBee
                              ChopinGal
                              dipsofjazz
                              1speed4Sam
                              Coley
                              ForeverSg1
                              Kliggins
                              Sue_the_Lurker
                              Polosmoothie
                              MajorSamFan
                              Rowan
                              GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                              Rune
                              flippy
                              Mousie

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.6.30 pm-8 pm approx at Hotel Bistro.Bar/lounge after meal :
                              Kliggins
                              F.H.Bagpuss
                              dipsofjazz
                              SeaBee
                              gatebee
                              Rowan
                              ForeverSg1
                              Mr.ForeverSg-1
                              Rune
                              Mal (subject to commitments)
                              GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
                              flippy (drink/chat after meal.)

Attending the Friday evening Cocktail Party :

ChopinGal
                              Rowan
                              Gipsy & Baby Gipsy
                              MAL

If there are any changes that need to be made,then now is the time to let me and the rest know,Gabiteers !

As I don't post on the SAGC thread (I lurk sometimes,but I haven't seen S9 eps at all yet !),can one of you who posts there regularly let those listed above know to check out these lists ,and post here if their name needs to be added to the Meet Up list/whatever ,and to flippy's post, pretty please ?

I promised I'd keep the Hotel apprised of any changes...and as I only booked 12 places at table in my name,I need to know asap !
                              There will be one bill presented,which Hubs plans to pay via his card,then we all have to sort the individual amounts later.
                              (Oh,the joy of Math ! )
                              Suggestion : We all meet up at approx 6pm, so we can go straight in to order and eat.We need to keep the times as sharp as possible,as there will be another Private Party of 200 coming in at 8 pm.Much as I hate to rush meals,we can chill out afterwards .
                              Have done the trial badge, see piccy below <snip>

<snip>As for the badges, if everyone is happy with the last design then I'll go with that should I? The badge machine only makes round ones so we have no choice with that. Probably won't get around to making them up for a week or two so if you have any changes to make or want a different name on them, there's plenty of time to do so.
                              Thanks to flippy's work and creativity,these badges are available .
                              Three cheers for flippy !
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 September 2005, 10:59 AM. Reason: Editing list .:) Yep.I added someone in as def ,but she can't make it ! Sorry CG :)
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I can't believe how quickly this is coming up now,and the badges look fab too, yaaaaay Flippy

The extra hour's nice for me, I'll be driving back home later that night so this means I still get plenty of time to chat and hang out *and spread gossip about Kliggs* after the meal.

Comment

Working...
                                X