No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh I should be getting my passport in 2-3 weeks So begins another countdown for me
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

210 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Oooh I should be getting my passport in 2-3 weeks So begins another countdown for me
        Can I count down with you? Folks buying new bags, people gettin' new passports... I feel left out.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Can I count down with you? Folks buying new bags, people gettin' new passports... I feel left out.
          Sure! The more the merrier!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            Sure! The more the merrier!
            Yay!

I just figured I couldn't do the "210 days 'til I get on the tube" countdown 'cause technically I do that everyday.. and it ain't that thrilling.

Although I could say 210 days 'til I meet all of you! That's got a buzz

sigpic

Comment

if it makes you feel any better, my passport is good for a few more years and i'm not buying new luggage
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                if it makes you feel any better, my passport is good for a few more years and i'm not buying new luggage
                Well, PengYn may feel better, but I with my kitty-shredded suitcase and expired passport am jealous.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                  Yay!

I just figured I couldn't do the "210 days 'til I get on the tube" countdown 'cause technically I do that everyday.. and it ain't that thrilling.

Although I could say 210 days 'til I meet all of you! That's got a buzz
                  It's ok. I have an irrational fear of flying so I tend to try to not think about the actual trip until my feet hit the ground in my destination city; and then I kiss the ground and shout -- "Let the games countdown begin!"

Comment

209 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      A smidgeon.

PS: scifithinker.. my suitcase also has kitty shreds... now one could say that makes it almost unfit for general use... and then one could say this warrants me getting a new one... hmm.
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought about duct tape, but when I looked at the sides, I realized that traveling with a suitcase made mostly of duct tape held together by a few stray strands of thread wasn't a good idea. I'm currently in the market for a nice hard-sided version.

I haven't, however, thrown out the suitcase since it's Symber's favorite scratching post.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

well, those looking for luggage, JC Penny, at least my local one, is having 75% off sales. Might pick up something good on clearance for a fraction of hte price
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A few weeks ago I picked up a 4-piece "Protocol" set from Penney's for.... mmmmmm.... I think it was $90 on sale. Very nice, and has those 360-degree wheels which'll be nice for maneuvering the luggage around the airport and other places.

And scifithinker, the idea of belts (maybe not duct tape ) is a good one and an inexpensive way to help you case hold the contents in case it does burst in transit. (Been there and done that one in March when I got to the Vancouver airport --- got all wide-eyed when I saw my big suitcase come around *open*, but thankfully the one (ugly-looking) belt I'd bought and put around it kept everything from dumping out and getting lost.)
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

208 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

207 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X