Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

okay I was finally able to buy my fabric, since I've been sick most of september , I hope it isn't to late yet..
      I was just wondering how many cm it has to be, cause I was a bit confused lol so I probably bought waaaaay to much

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i've done it both ways and not really

doing it before, you're gonna be rested adn acclimated for the con. you'll have more time to get over jetlag

do it after and you might catch up wtih come con friends and run around with them

maybe a compromise? fly out on tuesday, that gives you wed to recover, thu to play, fri, sat, sun at the con, then mon, tue and maybe wed to tour, fly back on thu and take friday off or something like that

in other words, do a bit before and a bit after if you want to.

of course, if you're gonna move to a cheaper hotel, that might not work.

I think, based on last yaer, sue and i are gonna fly in on wed, recover thu, con fri, sat, sun, then maybe visit a friend of hers for part of the next week and fly back thu or fri or so

won't quite be two weeks, but will be longer than a weekend
        That loses the weekend which gives more time without 'taking' the time off. Which can be/is an issue. But thanks.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
          okay I was finally able to buy my fabric, since I've been sick most of september , I hope it isn't to late yet..
          I was just wondering how many cm it has to be, cause I was a bit confused lol so I probably bought waaaaay to much
          About 50 x 60cm is a fat quarter, but you can send as much as you got. I am sure I will be able to use it... A couple of people have sent more which I plan on using for boarders and possibley binding as well as in the blocks!

Hugs
          becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
            About 50 x 60cm is a fat quarter, but you can send as much as you got. I am sure I will be able to use it... A couple of people have sent more which I plan on using for boarders and possibley binding as well as in the blocks!

Hugs
            becks
            Thank you
            I'll be sending it tomorrow, wednesday latest!

Comment

Hugs
              becks
              I am so in awe of people who can make things like this. Just looking at a custom made quilt boggles my brain!! You guys are so talented!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                I am so in awe of people who can make things like this. Just looking at a custom made quilt boggles my brain!! You guys are so talented!

Whatever mini You have your own highly skilled talents.

Nice to see you!

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  Originally posted by suse View Post
                  Whatever mini You have your own highly skilled talents.

Nice to see you!

suse
                  I may be able to sew things together but you don't want to ask me to draw stuff... Well I can do the geometric dsign aspects but for the person to even look remotely like the person I'm drawing??? forget it. Did a nice picture of an onion once, but even if I didn't get the actual onion right, it still looks like an onion

Becks
                  Who made two quilt tops this week... the first one turned out the size I expected, but it was "in the flesh" a bit big for the purpose, so I made a mini one..... which was a bit small... Somewhere in between is a happy medium!!!

Comment

so I made a mini one..... which was a bit small... Somewhere in between is a happy medium!!!
                    you made a quilt that looked like mini, wow you are talented
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I may be able to sew things together but you don't want to ask me to draw stuff... Well I can do the geometric dsign aspects but for the person to even look remotely like the person I'm drawing??? forget it. Did a nice picture of an onion once, but even if I didn't get the actual onion right, it still looks like an onion

Becks
                      Who made two quilt tops this week... the first one turned out the size I expected, but it was "in the flesh" a bit big for the purpose, so I made a mini one..... which was a bit small... Somewhere in between is a happy medium!!!
                      yeah, about all i can manage is sam's stick figures. I wish i could draw, but i just can't.

well flies. i can draw flies. and mosquitos.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        yeah, about all i can manage is sam's stick figures. I wish i could draw, but i just can't.

well flies. i can draw flies. and mosquitos.
                        Then I'd have to draw a fly swatter for Sky's drawings
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Becks
                          Having said that, I have on my walls two Acrylic paintings, one of an american colonial mansion, and the other a fine seascape with the Royal Navy Cadet brig, 'TS Royalist' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:W...alist_v_pd.jpg in full sail going round the Needles rocks off Cornwall.

Kay aka (proud) Mumsey.
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

220 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                              I have a question for those of you who know:

I was reading one of a multitude of tourist guides to London, and the writer said that Americans stand out like a sore thumb with their jeans and sneakers/trainers. Is this true, and if it is, what else do you wear with jeans? Or is the point not to wear jeans? Just curious.
                              Whenever I'm in a bookstore in the US I like leafing through tourist guides. I've found that quite often the authors don't necessarily stick to facts but instead enjoy much more playing with cliches and prejudices. I've never checked it out in other countries but I imagine it's the same everywhere. "Scaring" readers with exaggerated tales of strange customs in foreign countries is just so much more fun than giving them facts...

If you want to be on the safe side stick to those parts of the guide that actually describe the sights of London. For anything else you've got us anyway

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                Having said that, I have on my walls two Acrylic paintings, one of an american colonial mansion, and the other a fine seascape with the Royal Navy Cadet brig, 'TS Royalist' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:W...alist_v_pd.jpg in full sail going round the Needles rocks off Cornwall.

Kay aka (proud) Mumsey.
                                inanimate objects both... cornwall? mumsey dear, there's no rocks in that painting... are there???

becks the forgetful

Comment

Working...
                                X