GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
    You're a granny! I hope they have a rocking chair for you at AT3.
    We've already ordered up a wheelchair! He he......

<oops running cos Tracy is faster and fitter than me despite now being the same age.......>

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!

Julia
    G4
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      I have a theory about this. I found, (as a Brit in the US) that I had to repeat things I said - not because I spoke too quickly, but because the accent registered first and the listener was concentrating on the fact that this was something different, and not on what I was saying.

Kay aka Mumsey
      Yeah I have that problem a lot. I'm constantly having to ask some of my friends to repeat themselves because I get so wrapped up in their accents that I have trouble paying attention to what they are actually saying.

I'm sure it's quite annoying to them, but I don't mind at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

<oops running cos Tracy is faster and fitter than me despite now being the same age.......>

Julia
        G4
        I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm starting to worry that I can hear my own bones creaking more than the bed when I get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          I have a theory about this. I found, (as a Brit in the US) that I had to repeat things I said - not because I spoke too quickly, but because the accent registered first and the listener was concentrating on the fact that this was something different, and not on what I was saying.

Kay aka Mumsey
          I think you are right mumsey. I have a couple of doctors with an English accent and I start listening to the accent and then remember I'm supposed to be putting the words in the computer.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
            G4
            LOL! Run, Julia, run....don't let that pesky Tracy catch you!
            sigpic

Comment

LOL! Run, Julia, run....don't let that pesky Tracy catch you!
              And the sad thing was, I'd already gone to bed! Where's my shawl & glasses LOL

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
                And the sad thing was, I'd already gone to bed! Where's my shawl & glasses LOL
                Better start checking the mirror for those grey hairs.
                sigpic

Comment

Better start checking the mirror for those grey hairs.
                  I find hair dye a wonderful invention

Comment

miss clairol is your friend
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      miss clairol is your friend
                      You mean there are people out there who actually remember what their natural hair color is? I find it amusing when I go somewhere and someone makes a comment like 'Oh I really love the color of your hair' and I can respond with 'Why thank you. You can have it too, if you'd like. It's Clairol #26'. I've been going grey since I was 19 years old, so my hair color typically changes with the season.

Comment

I'm with you, Kat! I don't know what colour my hair is these days (and I don't think I want to, either!!). It was bright copper when I was a girl, then it turned darker towards a lighter brown/red and now? Well, at the MOMENT it's copper again. Last year it was deeper burnished red. I may go blonde in a month - who knows? It's getting long, also. I think I need to cut my bangs short again, haven't done that since, well a LONG time. Kinda scary! Lets all pick a date and change our hair colour, shall we? Heehee!
                        xox
                        geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                          I'm with you, Kat! I don't know what colour my hair is these days (and I don't think I want to, either!!). It was bright copper when I was a girl, then it turned darker towards a lighter brown/red and now? Well, at the MOMENT it's copper again. Last year it was deeper burnished red. I may go blonde in a month - who knows? It's getting long, also. I think I need to cut my bangs short again, haven't done that since, well a LONG time. Kinda scary! Lets all pick a date and change our hair colour, shall we? Heehee!
                          xox
                          geek
                          I actually can see my natural color for the first time in *years* (maybe since Junior high). It still has highlights though. When I saw my friend in Vegas that I only see once a year, she said that it was the first time she's seen me with 'normal hair color' heh. I used to get bored easily and change it every 8 weeks. I think I'll be sticking with the blonde highlights for a while though

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            xox
                            geek
                            mini, are you trying to go undercover, so no one will recognize you at Gabit
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Rats. You've foiled my Machiavellian plan!!! Now I'll just have to come up with another....

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I have my fat quarter, but seem to have lost the address for sending it. I know it was posted somewhere in the thread, but I can't find it.

Can someone please repost it for me? I have my envelope and stamp all ready, but can't post it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X