X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

246 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      I so do not ever do fish or fried foods. How will I survive!

I somehow managed to eat for 4 days in England though (and 6 days in Ireland and 4 days in France), but this was before giving up fried foods.

I'll probably just buy a couple boxes of protien bars and live on those for much of it Just one good meal a day.

P.S. Should I already be worried about getting a room and a roommate?

LoL. You'll survive. I survive, and I live here. I'm also beyond a fussy eater. The last time I had McD's was at Gabit2, and only because I was nearing that point where you insides start to eat themselves. But, it's also easy to hop on a bus outside the hotel and head into the nearest town where there will be a Tesco's or Sainsbury's and there you can stock up on whatever you need. We have good food here. Really. A bad reputation maybe, but that's through individual choice, not because we don't have it. I will have to go there because I don't do Pepsi and the Ren doesn't stock Coca Cola.. so if someone needs to pry me off of those comfy lobby sofa's and drag me with them because you fear getting lost, please do.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        LoL. You'll survive. I survive, and I live here. I'm also beyond a fussy eater. The last time I had McD's was at Gabit2, and only because I was nearing that point where you insides start to eat themselves. But, it's also easy to hop on a bus outside the hotel and head into the nearest town where there will be a Tesco's or Sainsbury's and there you can stock up on whatever you need. We have good food here. Really. A bad reputation maybe, but that's through individual choice, not because we don't have it. I will have to go there because I don't do Pepsi and the Ren doesn't stock Coca Cola.. so if someone needs to pry me off of those comfy lobby sofa's and drag me with them because you fear getting lost, please do.

That's good to hear.

I will be taking you up on your offer Consider yourself warned.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Except for the pizza place in Wells, I thought the food in England was wonderful. There are many choices on the menus, even at the little pubs, so noone should worry about what they can eat.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

damn, you just can't visit this thread if you haven't eaten in a while lol
            *goes of is search for some cake*

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
              damn, you just can't visit this thread if you haven't eaten in a while lol
              *goes of is search for some cake*
              Mmmm cake!! *joins sofie to search for cake*

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

245 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dammit, now I'm drooling over fish'n'chips!

Pass the vinegar
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                    Dammit, now I'm drooling over fish'n'chips!

Pass the vinegar
                    Me too.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

takes refuge in pizza

gimme a break guys...i'm from teh midwest...fish ain't big around here

now beef...beef on the other hand is ALWAYS good
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

OK, I know I am getting way too worried about this and stressing out way too much, but I think I need to start nailing down my travel plans a bit better.

The problem is, I'll be traveling alone and I am afraid that any plans I make will put me in the opposite direction of everyone else that is doing any sort of touristy thing.

The original plan was to spend a week in Ireland (renting a car) and then arriving in London on Wednesday or Thursday before the event. I'd maybe stick around there until Tuesday-ish and then head up North and check out Scotland because kilts rule.

Now, I don't know if I will be able to afford to rent a car for a week, but I still need to see Ireland again. And I am thinking that maybe I should just do all my sightseeing after the event.

Does anyone have any plans? Or a vague idea of a plan?

Also, should I plan on staying at the Ren for those extra days, or is it worth the hassle of moving to a cheaper hotel?

gah. I know I am worrying over nothing, but I can't stop! This will only be my second time in Europe and my first time by myself, so I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          takes refuge in pizza

*joins Sky*

Yeah I don't do stuff that comes out the sea..

..I'm sure I've got Pizza Hut on my speed dial.

sigpic

Comment

takes refuge in pizza

Joins Sky for pizza...

just tell me they don't put fish on it
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

we'll whack them if they try

nothing that swims on my pizza please
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Joins Sky for pizza...

just tell me they don't put fish on it
                                we'll whack them if they try

nothing that swims on my pizza please
                                *whimpers*

As Amy will tell you, I like my pizza with onion, mushroom, tuna and sweetcorn. My local pizza place in Germany did a wonderful pizza with mussels, prawns, squid, tuna and potato. And in France, the local delicacy was a pizza with a base of fish mousse, fresh tomatoes, sausage made of bull meat with an egg cracked over the top.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X