GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    FHB - It's not in that thread...all I need is the list of names so I can pm folk

And my project is a surprise
    You've already sent a group pm ,including one to me,which I've just read,so why so coy ?
    Just don't get offended if you don't get quick replies back from everyone,as several of the people I listed are on holiday, or rarely post on GW.

I've been having a look at my finances and could some add me as a remote possibility for the Saturday meet-up?
    I've been hoping to keep this following info out of this thread,but as you didn't wait for me to pm you,I'll answer here.I won't make it look like we hate you !

The Gabit Meet-up was organised by me,and only me.Therefore you should have waited for my answer,as a matter of courtesy.
    I added Gatebee in quite happily several weeks ago,and she's very welcome.
    However,I have had several private e-mails from others I won't name,who just wanted to meet up with other Gw'ers,not Pro-Amanda fans .

To cut it short,I refused to expand the GateWorld meet up and dinner to include them.The main reason was because I didn't want poor Kliggins to get trapped into buying that first round of bar drinks she holds so dear,for people she's never met,and probably never will again.

If I were to include you in,it wouldn't be fair at this stage to everyone who committed themselves or have just bought their Gabit tickets.

Right : I could add more,but I won't.You know why,I think.Don't raise it here,please.

Sue,if you want your stuff/secret project or any other gifts to get to Amanda,it's a good idea to consider your friends' feelings before you blow your stack in future posts online.

Please don't take this as a flame.I'm the kind of person who remembers the human behind every post made.

I'm also someone who wants the peace kept,but not at any cost.

Please don't think any of the others complained to me or forced my hand .I take full responsibility for this post .
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I've been having a look at my finances and could some add me as a remote possibility for the Saturday meet-up?
      SueKay, wow , would love to meet you.

Very excited now to meet all of you for the first time. By the time I arrive, I would be the newbie since all of you would have bonded at the con. Cool, I will have alot of catching up to do in just a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
        Not mad Mousie, most of us are just a little demented. Bev and F.H. Bagapuss are the ones you really have to look out for.
        Moi?????? <----Me
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
          Wow, these are really cool Flippy
          I'm trying not to sit on the fence here but honestly I like all of them. I liked the first ones with the earth symbol and what I thought was a giant orange instead of planet earth but I think Kliggs is right and that less is more - the second batch of designs do look carry more impact and look terrific. Thank you so much for doing this, it'll be a neat souvenir too

Comment

Okey dokey, here's another batch, have removed the earth symbol like Kliggins suggested. See what you think to these ones.

http://home.clara.net/flipper/amanda/amandaoblong.jpg

http://home.clara.net/flipper/amanda...blongnopic.jpg
            http://home.clara.net/flipper/amanda...opicorange.jpg

These are all great, and I'd like to thank you for doing this for us. I think they're all wonderful, but I think I prefer the second one (the one above). I like the solid orange colour, the picture of Amanda, and all our information all neatly packaged!
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Flippy. I won't be going to the con but I will be meeting you all after. Can I also have one for my own keepsake.

Comment

Okey dokey, here's another batch, have removed the earth symbol like Kliggins suggested. See what you think to these ones.

If it comes to a vote I prefer the second one of the four, but they are all cool. Well done Flippy.
                sigpic

Comment

I'll make a badge of the second one on Monday then so we can see what it looks like 'in the round'.
                  GateBee, unless informed otherwise I plan to do a badge for all attending the meet-up so no worries
                  Last edited by flippy18; 23 September 2005, 11:04 PM. Reason: typo!!
                  LizWhite.net

Comment

Oh my, wasn't expecting my name in the sample. Perfect for me Flippy. Fanatastic job! For some reason, as orange is not my favorite color, the solid orange one with the picture of Amanda is my favorite.

Again, thanks so much for doing this for us and I am in awe of all you creative people. Can't wait to see what shows up at the con for Amanda to sign.
                    Last edited by Kliggins; 24 September 2005, 12:10 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      Moi?????? <----Me
                      Oh yes, without a doubt you are the leader of the pack.
                      sigpic

Comment

35 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flippy i love your badge ideas! I liked the earth symbol on the first batch, but i'm happy to go with the flow.

((((((((hugs))))))))

Comment

Revised Gabit GW Get together drink list:

Betty: Pernod and blackcurrent
                          ChopinGal: Rum, diet coke, wine.
                          Dipsofjazz: Guinness, rum and coke.
                          F.H. Bagpuss: DC with ice, iced mocha.
                          ForeverSG1 (Kat): Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water.
                          Mr. Forever SG1: ??
                          Gatebee: ??
                          GateGipsy and Young Mr. Gipsy: Orange juice
                          Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade.
                          Rowan: ??
                          Rune: Diet Coke, orange juice (out of a saucer per request.)
                          Seabee: Cider, Strongbow; iced coffee.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll make a badge of the second one on Monday then so we can see what it looks like 'in the round'.
                            Thanks again for doing all this for us all.I like all your designs,but that badge seems the most popular so far.Very cool !

Can't wait to see what shows up at the con for Amanda to sign.
                            Likewise.
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Rune: Diet Coke, orange juice (out of a saucer per request.)
                              *folds arms* You can stop any time you like you know, Kliggs

*squee* it's getting closer every day ... yes okay that much is obvious, but I'm feeling excited and the badges are so cool too!

*goes to polish up her cat shoes*

Comment

GateBee, unless informed otherwise I plan to do a badge for all attending the meet-up so no worries
                                Flippy thank you so much. Thank you for sharing your time and talents.

Comment

Working...
                                X