GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    I believe it has a stop at the pub where all the prostitutes are rumoured to have drank.
    Didn't make it into the Ten Bells when we did the walk last year. Two folks we are traveling with this year have never done the walk, so it would be cool to do again. Still have to plan with them to see what plans may/may not be.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Hey I'm all in for a Jack the Ripper walk... just give me a sec to catch up with the crowd - short legs and all... hehe! I love seeing historic spots and reenactments of history...
      Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

It depends on the where and when. The Monday after the con would definitely be a possibility for me, but otherwise I don't think I could make it, what with work and so on. Le sigh.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          I don't think it's to early at all to consider this. I'm tentatively planning on staying in London the week after the con. I'll move hotels for cost and access to the tube, get a London Pass, and go see the sights.

So let's throw it out to the peanut gallery. Who's planning to stay for a bit or a while after the con?
          I'm going to be residing a half hour outside of London, so I'm up for doing stuff (when I'm not working of course -- silly slave drivers, my school)
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

It depends on the where and when. The Monday after the con would definitely be a possibility for me, but otherwise I don't think I could make it, what with work and so on. Le sigh.
            I'll second this, I would love to stay and hang around London a bit, but work might interfere, especially since I might change jobs soon... so I am not making plans until the end of September...

and it also depends on girlfriend, if I can go and visit her, I'll probably do that

But I am surely in for a bit of sightseeing, especially since crossing that pond isn't something I see myself doing on a regular base

yes even if it is only 3 hours of train

Comment

An idea strikes...

(Be afraid. Be very afraid.)

What do you North American folks think about the possibility of our hiring a tour company to organize our trip to AT3? I know at first glance, it seems to be an expensive proposition because we would be paying for the company. On the other hand, they would be able to get group rates, which could make a huge difference in cost, especially in terms of airline tickets (our biggest expense).

The biggest appeal, however, would be that we would all be together. After all, we are not just going to see AT; we're going to see our Gateworld friends too.

If people are interested, I'm willing to look into companies once the dates for AT are announced. Suse would help. There would be a lot of details to be worked out, but it really is too early to deal with the specifics now.

I have been to Europe on this kind of trip before and it worked out very well.

So what do you think? Is your initial impression a yay or nay? Please let us know.

Even if you're not from North America, feel free to comment anyway....
              Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
              We're already working on it................

Julia
              G4
              Julia, Becks, Mumsey,

Has anything come of this?
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Julia, Becks, Mumsey,

Has anything come of this?
                err, you have mistakenly quoted two completely unrelated messages.

The first message which was talking about a group of Attendees independantly getting a tour operator to help organise a group trip to AT3 from the USA. It wasn't initiaed or suppported by anyone from GABIT.

Julia R's "we're already working on it" comment was in response to samcarterules's query about the actual news of the event organisation status and the fact that we had gone quiet and that we were taking a break.
                Julia R was stating that we were in fact working on the announcements and details for AT3 itself.

GABIT is not a travel company and we are not going to be doing anything like that. Sorry. We can assit you if you have problems booking rooms at the hotel, but we will just be passing on details to a specific person at the hotel to check unclear information/ problems with bookings. Your travel to and from and any problems you may have with the hotel itself are not within our remit.

Sorry, just wanted to make that clear.

Thanks
                Becks
                G4

Comment

Thanks, Becks.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Bedding change

and some fruit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                      One peanut responds thus:

As a Londoner... who has seen the sights of London twice over her not so many years, and who firmly believes she needs to do things three times in order to be obsessively complusively correct - if anyone wants a tourguide friend who promises not to get you lost...much... I'd be more than happy to oblige.

There's a delightful Jack the Ripper Walk if anyone is that way inclined.
                      Are you doing the Jack the Ripper tour before after the con? :s because if it the thursday before i'm likly to be able to do it. I dont think i'll stay after the Sunday of the con. But I could travel down a day early.

Comment

At a push I could try and swing the monday off after the convention. It all depends if I can swing a week leave before the convention. If I cant i'll need to beg a long weekend off.

I'm not likly to find out if I can have the week off untill March probably.

Comment

258 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                            Bedding change

and some fruit

Nice bedding!!

Comment

A fond look back at last year's crowd at the end of the merry weekend. Based on this, I wouldn't plan too far ahead for the "Monday after". As you can see, by Sunday night, many of us had lost our sense of direction. I think we were waving goodbye to Amanda at Heathrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                                At a push I could try and swing the monday off after the convention. It all depends if I can swing a week leave before the convention. If I cant i'll need to beg a long weekend off.

I'm not likly to find out if I can have the week off untill March probably.
                                Heya
                                Not sure if this helps or not, but the Monday is a bank holiday...
                                *does lil happy dance*
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X