GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    Yupp, Mandy and Jan are on my list of "must meets". I also have a list of "must meet agains". I felt I was whizzing round so much last year that I didn't really get chance to say hi and chat to everyone!
    LOL I have a "must meet list" too and its huge I didn't really get a chance to meet anyone last year with being in hospital, although I think I did meet you Tracy but only knew it was you when I got home and came on to GW and people would mention your bare feet, and that's how I knew I'd met you

I'm so excited about the tickets too, I hope I can type the info on the registration form fast enough cause I know those tickets will go fast! Maybe I could type the info into Word first and then copy and paste it does anyone know if that would work? I'm hoping to get a "charmed pass" this time maybe *fingers crossed*

I also have a couple of dumb questions:

1. I want/would like to buy 3 weekend tickets 2 ordinary tickets for my friends/carers and a "charmed pass" for myself but all bought with one credit card, can I do that?
    2. If I do get a "charmed pass" I know it says smart dress for the cocktail party but can someone give me an idea as to what kind of outfit that means cause I'm not entirely sure?

Thanks and sorry again for the dumb questions

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

They aren't dumb questions, Julia!

G4 will have to say if policy has changed, but last year it seemed to be fine as long as you didn't try jeans and trainers. I went to the cocktail party straight from work, so I was still wearing my suit. There were people in skirts with tops, trousers with tops. Although it says cocktail dress / trouser suit, it seemed to be a case of whatever you'd wear in the office.

And LOL on the meeting me, thing! I remember meeting you! I had just been taking the puppies for a walk outside and my feet were freezing! Serves me right for walking outside in November with bare feet! I was in a hurry to get the puppy back to the the rest of the group though, so I didn't stop and chat! I didn't realise it was you til afterwards either.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

I also have a couple of dumb questions:
        These are not dumb questions!

1. I want/would like to buy 3 weekend tickets 2 ordinary tickets for my friends/carers and a "charmed pass" for myself but all bought with one credit card, can I do that?
        If I remember correctly from the last two Gabits, you will be able to register all three of you together. There is a box for you to add if/how many "charmed passes" you want, so it should be no problem.

2. If I do get a "charmed pass" I know it says smart dress for the cocktail party but can someone give me an idea as to what kind of outfit that means cause I'm not entirely sure?

Thanks and sorry again for the dumb questions

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Smart dress basically means you don't turn up in jeans or some such casual gear. Some people wore dresses, some trousers and a nice top. Men must wear a tie along with their trousers/shirt or suit.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you from wearing that little off-the-shoulder-split-to-the-waist sparkly outfit, if you wish.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          Of course, there's nothing to stop you from wearing that little off-the-shoulder-split-to-the-waist sparkly outfit, if you wish.
          I was planning on wearing mine for the entire weekend. Because it's so skimpy, it weighs next to nothing; therefore, I can use my entire weight allowance to pack my suitcases with costume jewelry and Tammy Faye style makeup.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            I was planning on wearing mine for the entire weekend. Because it's so skimpy, it weighs next to nothing; therefore, I can use my entire weight allowance to pack my suitcases with costume jewelry and Tammy Faye style makeup.
            Well you certainly won't go unnoticed that way
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*runs for the hills*
              sigpic

Comment

LOL! I'm sure I'll now recognise you when I enter the hotel lobby. We don't need no stinkin' name badges!
                sigpic

Comment

So if I run out of my make-up can i borrow some of yours? I'll be in the thigh high boots
                  Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

*leaves a little something for Becky today*

sigpic

Comment

266 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                        *leaves a little something for Becky today*

mmmmmmmmm nice!!!

Comment

They aren't dumb questions, Julia!

G4 will have to say if policy has changed, but last year it seemed to be fine as long as you didn't try jeans and trainers. I went to the cocktail party straight from work, so I was still wearing my suit. There were people in skirts with tops, trousers with tops. Although it says cocktail dress / trouser suit, it seemed to be a case of whatever you'd wear in the office.

And LOL on the meeting me, thing! I remember meeting you! I had just been taking the puppies for a walk outside and my feet were freezing! Serves me right for walking outside in November with bare feet! I was in a hurry to get the puppy back to the the rest of the group though, so I didn't stop and chat! I didn't realise it was you til afterwards either.
                          Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          These are not dumb questions!

If I remember correctly from the last two Gabits, you will be able to register all three of you together. There is a box for you to add if/how many "charmed passes" you want, so it should be no problem.

Smart dress basically means you don't turn up in jeans or some such casual gear. Some people wore dresses, some trousers and a nice top. Men must wear a tie along with their trousers/shirt or suit.

Thanks ladies, sounds like a great excuse to go shopping...not that I need an excuse to shop

Roll on Tuesday

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
                            So if I run out of my make-up can i borrow some of yours? I'll be in the thigh high boots
                            I'm looking forward to this con
                            scarimor

Comment

Funny that. It's not the thought of Amanda or the thought of seeing Mandy that gets scari excited. It's the prospect of thigh high boots
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Funny that. It's not the thought of Amanda or the thought of seeing Mandy that gets scari excited. It's the prospect of thigh high boots
                                Maybe I could combo it: persuade Mandy to steal the thigh high boots and put them on Amanda. Woo.
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X