GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mousie
    Hi everyone. I'll be attending Gabit as well and am really looking forward to it. I've not been fortunate enough to meet Amanda before and as she's my favorite character on the show I'm thrilled to be able to finally meet her.
    *Waves * Hi back atcha,and nice to "meet" you ,Mousie !
    Most of us haven't met Amanda either,so this is going to be a really exciting experience for us all. Not to mention a bit daunting for those of us who've never been to a proper Convention before. *gulp*

I'm attending on my own and am a bit shy and hesitant to try and approach a group of people - You've all generally known each other so long that it's a bit daunting coming up to you all! If you see me there please say hello - I'm the short fat one with her hair in a pony tail.
    Don't worry..we're not too scary ! Most of us haven't met yet in person, ,so you won't be alone,in looking out for friendly faces. I've added your name into our main "Roll Call" so we all know to look out for you,so we can say hello !

I'm not staying at the hotel so will be travelling in each day and will unfortunately miss all the evening events. It all sounds like fun though and I hope you all have a brilliant time there.
    (((((((((((Mousie))))))))))) I hope you have a fab time too.

To All : I'm wondering,if the Convention Badges show our "real" names,would it be a good idea for us all to wear a badge with our GW user names too ?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      Most of us haven't met Amanda either,so this is going to be a really exciting experience for us all. Not to mention a bit daunting for those of us who've never been to a proper Convention before. *gulp*

Don't worry..we're not too scary ! Most of us haven't met yet in person, ,so you won't be alone,in looking out for friendly faces. I've added your name into our main "Roll Call" so we all know to look out for you,so we can say hello !

(((((((((((Mousie))))))))))) I hope you have a fab time too.

To All : I'm wondering,if the Convention Badges show our "real" names,would it be a good idea for us all to wear a badge with our GW user names too ?
      Welcome to the gang Mussie. We dont bite! Hope we 'bump' into you and spend some time with you! AT is GREAT! You will have a wonderful time.

Baggie I think a badge with our GW names would be great. However we will need to get onto it asap. The time to the con will go VERY fast.

Comment

Will office-type clip on badges be ok ? Or do attendees usually make their own ?

ETA : Idea ! I suppose all we need are some large-ish round white (or bright orange ?) metal badges...I need to go to the stationers tomorrow.I can ask the manager if she can order in some.
        Then if I take them with me to Gabit,we can all just write our names on ?

Any use ?
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 September 2005, 10:27 AM. Reason: Brainwave..possibly not my brightest one ! ;)

Comment

Hi there Mousie. We'll keep a look out for you.

I asked for my GW name to be put on my badge as well as my real name. I just thought you should know how well prepared I am for this!!!
          Now there's absolutely no excuse for you all to ignore me!
          sigpic

Comment

LOL ! as if any of us would ignore you ,hon ! Sounds like a good plan to me .Shall I enquire about the other badges anyway (see edit ^ )?

It won't hurt to ask...I just thought the bright shiny badges might be a good way to easily spot other GW'rs,lol !

*collapses due to overthinking *

Comment

LOL ! as if any of us would ignore you ,hon ! Sounds like a good plan to me .Shall I enquire about the other badges anyway (see edit ^ )?

It won't hurt to ask...I just thought the bright shiny badges might be a good way to easily spot other GW'rs,lol !

That's a great idea Baggie. Bright orange shiny badges!
              sigpic

Comment

You actually like the idea.Wow !
                Of course we still need orange attire for the disco...and I doubt a bright orange badge and a black Gabit shirt with orange lettering will be enough to qualify ! Mwahaha !

Comment

You actually like the idea.Wow !
                  Of course we still need orange attire for the disco...and I doubt a bright orange badge and a black Gabit shirt with orange lettering will be enough to qualify ! Mwahaha !
                  Drat! *sigh* I'd better get digging in my wardrobe for any orange coloured items I may have stashed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Happy Hunting ! I really want the orange boa...so I'm going a-huntin' on Saturday.

(I'll settle for orange tinsel,if I can find some.None of our family/friends have any,but now the Christmas stock is appearing in the dept stores,I may have better luck this week !)

Comment

Happy Hunting ! I really want the orange boa...so I'm going a-huntin' on Saturday.

(I'll settle for orange tinsel,if I can find some.None of our family/friends have any,but now the Christmas stock is appearing in the dept stores,I may have better luck this week !)
                      I shouldn't have even bothered going into my wardrobe, as I have nothing in orange. Hmmmm....tinsel.....*runs out to shops*
                      sigpic

Comment

Ohhh I've only got one orange item, a t-shirt with 'irritant' printed on the front (like a chemical warning label) it may be fitting for describing me but maybe not so fitting for Gabit.

Maybe I'll just clutch an orange lollipop

I asked for my GW name on my badge (or at least I think I did) but I think your idea of orange ones sound great Baggie

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          I shouldn't have even bothered going into my wardrobe, as I have nothing in orange. Hmmmm....tinsel.....*runs out to shops*
                          Oh help ! We're going to end up looking like a mini-forest of fully decorated Christmas trees at this rate !

Originally posted by Rune
                          Ohhh I've only got one orange item, a t-shirt with 'irritant' printed on the front (like a chemical warning label) it may be fitting for describing me but maybe not so fitting for Gabit.
                          Oh go on..wear it !

Maybe I'll just clutch an orange lollipop
                          *Cough* Could I perhaps interest you in a red and yellow one,with a cool little black bar across the middle ?

I asked for my GW name on my badge (or at least I think I did) but I think your idea of orange ones sound great Baggie
                          Why thank you very much, Ma'am.(Think Elvis. )

Comment

Heya!

popping into this thread momentarily...just asking...who's all going to the meetup that gatebee's going too??? and who are your favourite characters/pictures and such??

just wanting to know for a thing I'm working on

FHB - Silly me has lost your address!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Looking at the list, I will be the only one not attending the Gabit Con. So I shall bring my own badge for the Bistro get together. As for the orange something, I guess that does not involve me as well. I am so excited. I even bought myself my own digital camera.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the replies - you all sound totally mad!

I'm getting excited now as it's only a few weeks away
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X