No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here attended the Friday evening meal before. Is it worth going, especially if you are on your own? and does it have to be formal evening wear?

I think I'd like to try and get a ticket this year.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
      Has anyone here attended the Friday evening meal before. Is it worth going, especially if you are on your own? and does it have to be formal evening wear?

I had a blast last year. Meeting new people is always fun and spending a few minutes chatting with Amanda is extremely cool. She even let our table look through her baby book last year.

If you can get the chance, I'd say go.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post

Yep the evening meal is great fun. The food is great, and if you want to sit with a certain group ask. Becky will fit you in if she can.

You'll recive a little charm, which will have a conection to your job or a hobby. Becky will ask you for information before the event. This is a great ice breaker if you are feeling shy talking to new people. Also AT will ask you about your charm.

Yes you need to dress up smartly, otherwise they wont let you in for the meal.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          Well public speaking was never my forte but I'll give it whirl....

299 days.....why I am looking forward to May 2008? I'm looking forward to seeing an actress that I greatly admire (for the meeting part I'll be hiding behind my Canadian buddy (on my knees of course cause my buddy is slightly shorter)) and meeting other fans. I look forward to meeting online friends for which it will be the first time and others who I've had the pleasure of meeting before and treasure their friendship. So hurray up that count down please!!

Yeah ok so maybe one too many beers.....

Cheers,

Jan
          who are you calling short

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          WooHoo Jans coming that means next year Tracy we can stand at the dance have a drink and watch Jan dance - I'll take another pint of Murphy's
          Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          **reexamines previous post**Where in that does it say ANYTHING about dancing???? Umm...no THAT would require lots of alcohol!!!

Oh no you don't Nora I'll leave the dancing to you and T.

**wonders if bubble wrap will be required to restrain T and Nora with**
          Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          Well Tracy and I walked into the dance last year and had a wonderful time talking and I had one or two or was that three nice drinks as we watched the dancing. So I will be happy to supply you with the drinks and then Tracy and I can enjoy the watching part again.
          Oy, that's all I need, trying to get my drunk roommate back to the room
          (because ann tells me I can't leave her in the lobby )
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            I had a blast last year. Meeting new people is always fun and spending a few minutes chatting with Amanda is extremely cool. She even let our table look through her baby book last year.

If you can get the chance, I'd say go.

Kat
            Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
            Yep the evening meal is great fun. The food is great, and if you want to sit with a certain group ask. Becky will fit you in if she can.

You'll recive a little charm, which will have a conection to your job or a hobby. Becky will ask you for information before the event. This is a great ice breaker if you are feeling shy talking to new people. Also AT will ask you about your charm.

Yes you need to dress up smartly, otherwise they wont let you in for the meal.
            Thanks guys, I think I might treat myself this year and try and get one.
            sigpic

Comment

295 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know we have at least one disabled poster here, so I thought I'd pass on some info I came across recently. These groups give aid to travelers who have disabilities.

-----------------------------------------------------
                Greater London Association for Disabled People (GLAD)
                336 Brixton Rd, SW9 (Brixton underground)
                7346 5800
                Open M-F 9-5

Free London Disability Guide--pick up there or will be mailed in exchange for SAE
                Artsline
                7388 2227
                free info on cultural and artistic events and situations
                free guides, you pay postage, on individual subjects such as restaurants and theatres
                London Transport's Unit for Disabled Passengers
                7918 3312
                free guide, Access to the Underground

The book this info came from was published in 2002. I hope it's useful.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  I know we have at least one disabled poster here, so I thought I'd pass on some info I came across recently. These groups give aid to travelers who have disabilities.

Greater London Association for Disabled People (GLAD)
                  336 Brixton Rd, SW9 (Brixton underground)
                  7346 5800
                  Open M-F 9-5

Free London Disability Guide--pick up there or will be mailed in exchange for SAE
                  Artsline
                  7388 2227
                  free info on cultural and artistic events and situations
                  free guides, you pay postage, on individual subjects such as restaurants and theatres
                  London Transport's Unit for Disabled Passengers
                  7918 3312
                  free guide, Access to the Underground

The book this info came from was published in 2002. I hope it's useful.
                  Aww Thank You that is really helpful

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

294 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                      Well, that depends on what you want to say.
                      Ach, it's difficult when there are so many words to choose from..

Comment

Will you be coming to AT3, Feli?
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          Will you be coming to AT3, Feli?
                          They'll have a hard time keeping me away

Seriously, I really do want to come and work but I'll have to talk about it with hubs because May 2nd will be our 10th wedding anniversary. And somehow I don't think that my "but I get to see you every day and Amanda maybe once a year" will go over too well...

Comment

Originally posted by Feli View Post

Seriously, I really do want to come and work but I'll have to talk about it with hubs because May 2nd will be our 10th wedding anniversary. And somehow I don't think that my "but I get to see you every day and Amanda maybe once a year" will go over too well...
                            Ha! Feli, that's too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli View Post

Naw, but you could use some sweet talkin' and promise that if he let's you attend AT3 that you'll give him the anniversary night to remember when you get back home and then give 'em a glimpse of the little teddy you'll be sportin' when you come home.

Comment

293 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X