GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    **reexamines previous post**Where in that does it say ANYTHING about dancing???? Umm...no THAT would require lots of alcohol!!!

Oh no you don't Nora I'll leave the dancing to you and T.

**wonders if bubble wrap will be required to restrain T and Nora with**
    Well Tracy and I walked into the dance last year and had a wonderful time talking and I had one or two or was that three nice drinks as we watched the dancing. So I will be happy to supply you with the drinks and then Tracy and I can enjoy the watching part again.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Woohoo! only 299 more days to go! *\o/*

I requires absolutely no alcohol to get me to dance! It usually doesn't even require music. I dance to the music in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
        Well Tracy and I walked into the dance last year and had a wonderful time talking and I had one or two or was that three nice drinks as we watched the dancing. So I will be happy to supply you with the drinks and then Tracy and I can enjoy the watching part again.
        Hmmm...supply you say....sounds like a challenge Nora??? Who will reach the dance floor first....

OR....we can watch antoa
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          LOL just don't forget to take pics of the dance Tsax for those of us staying at home. We need blackmail material too... uh I mean we want to see all the festivities too... lol

Comment

I'll be there with the camera and trying to get all the funnies on it

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
              LOL just don't forget to take pics of the dance Tsax for those of us staying at home. We need blackmail material too... uh I mean we want to see all the festivities too... lol
              Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
              I'll be there with the camera and trying to get all the funnies on it
              **gives Ann and Eve the evil eye**
              sigpic

Comment

**gives Ann and Eve the evil eye**
                What?? I need memories you know And...argh...er... memories, I'll stick to that one

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                  Woohoo! only 299 more days to go! *\o/*
                  Nope!!! Its

298 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

now!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm...supply you say....sounds like a challenge Nora??? Who will reach the dance floor first....

OR....we can watch antoa
                    Nora had an eye opener watching the con dances, like Star Trekking and Hawaii 5-O theme, while supping a keg or two of beer LOL So you'll be in the good company Jan. I've been known to cut a rug, but I was having such a good chat with Nora I didn't want to get on the dance floor

And Jan, I don't think you'll ever beat Nora when it comes to beer consumption! Looking forward to seeing you guys

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
                      Nora had an eye opener watching the con dances, like Star Trekking and Hawaii 5-O theme, while supping a keg or two of beer LOL So you'll be in the good company Jan. I've been known to cut a rug, but I was having such a good chat with Nora I didn't want to get on the dance floor

And Jan, I don't think you'll ever beat Nora when it comes to beer consumption! Looking forward to seeing you guys

Tracy

Here's to 'ya - join 'ya in a cold one in May
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                        Seven hundred and twenty five days.

That's one million, thirty one thousand, seven hundred and fifty two minutes.

That's how long ago Skydiver wrote that opening post of the thread. A thread where she invited us to post and get to know each other.

That's what Gabit has done for so many fans across the globe. The organisation, the people behind it, has allowed fans from Christchurch in Dorset to Christchurch in New Zealand to get together, to meet each other, to get to know each other. Amanda may be the uniting force behind those fans, the common factor between them, but the reason for attending the Gabit events, for many of those fans, has become so much more than meeting an actress.

Gabit is special in so many ways, from the "exclusivity" factor of only a few hundred tickets, to the top notch organisation that has the event running smoothly. But the most special thing is the kindness and friendliness that radiates from the top down. Each member of the G4, each member of their Gabit crew, each member of the stewarding team puts in so much effort but also so much love and kindness, so much humour that the Gabit event becomes so much more than a convention.

Every guest feels as important as Amanda, every guest feels special and loved. The team take time to make sure that everyone is having the time of their life. And every guest is given their space, their freedom.

There's no herding of fans like they're a pack of vermin to be gotten rid of. No yelling at them that they "shouldn't be here now, we told you to GO AWAY!". No. The Gabit team run their events wih the same gentleness and respect that has become a motto of Amanda's fans everywhere.

Instead, we are given time to talk, time to get to know each other and interact. Time to have fun in comfortable surroundings, as opposed to seated on a cold, hard floor in a queue (though there is an optional queue, should anyone wish to practice for the next Wolf Event!).

And, as I've said, this kindness, respect and humour has filtered downwards, into this thread where we've had the wonderful opportunity to discuss and get to know each other.

Last year I was lucky enough to find a roommate through this thread. She of the Limitless Credit Card. Yes, Ambermoon was my wonderful roommate. Through this thread, I got the chance to talk to so many people before the event, to enjoy the build up and anticipation, to get some insight into what to expect from people who had been lucky enough to attend AT1.

And here we are again, still going strong as a thread, only 299 days to go until the next event. That's 641,758.2 minutes! New friends, new adventures, new world records to be set.

If I've learnt anything over the past year and a half on this thread, it's this: Gabit is so much more than a convention. Gabit is a group of people, it's a way of looking at things, it's a word symbolising fun, happiness, kindness and, most of all, friendship.

/end attempt at speech
                        Bravo! Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Seven hundred and twenty five days.

That's one million, thirty one thousand, seven hundred and fifty two minutes.

That's how long ago Skydiver wrote that opening post of the thread. A thread where she invited us to post and get to know each other.

That's what Gabit has done for so many fans across the globe. The organisation, the people behind it, has allowed fans from Christchurch in Dorset to Christchurch in New Zealand to get together, to meet each other, to get to know each other. Amanda may be the uniting force behind those fans, the common factor between them, but the reason for attending the Gabit events, for many of those fans, has become so much more than meeting an actress.

Gabit is special in so many ways, from the "exclusivity" factor of only a few hundred tickets, to the top notch organisation that has the event running smoothly. But the most special thing is the kindness and friendliness that radiates from the top down. Each member of the G4, each member of their Gabit crew, each member of the stewarding team puts in so much effort but also so much love and kindness, so much humour that the Gabit event becomes so much more than a convention.

Every guest feels as important as Amanda, every guest feels special and loved. The team take time to make sure that everyone is having the time of their life. And every guest is given their space, their freedom.

There's no herding of fans like they're a pack of vermin to be gotten rid of. No yelling at them that they "shouldn't be here now, we told you to GO AWAY!". No. The Gabit team run their events wih the same gentleness and respect that has become a motto of Amanda's fans everywhere.

Instead, we are given time to talk, time to get to know each other and interact. Time to have fun in comfortable surroundings, as opposed to seated on a cold, hard floor in a queue (though there is an optional queue, should anyone wish to practice for the next Wolf Event!).

And, as I've said, this kindness, respect and humour has filtered downwards, into this thread where we've had the wonderful opportunity to discuss and get to know each other.

Last year I was lucky enough to find a roommate through this thread. She of the Limitless Credit Card. Yes, Ambermoon was my wonderful roommate. Through this thread, I got the chance to talk to so many people before the event, to enjoy the build up and anticipation, to get some insight into what to expect from people who had been lucky enough to attend AT1.

And here we are again, still going strong as a thread, only 299 days to go until the next event. That's 641,758.2 minutes! New friends, new adventures, new world records to be set.

If I've learnt anything over the past year and a half on this thread, it's this: Gabit is so much more than a convention. Gabit is a group of people, it's a way of looking at things, it's a word symbolising fun, happiness, kindness and, most of all, friendship.

/end attempt at speech
                          Bravo!! Tracy, Well Said!

And I'm going to bring my video camera to capture evidence eh I mean those lovely "after hours" moments

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

297 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

296 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                                296 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

So far. So close. So squee! *....aaaaaaaand back to work*
                                Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X