GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    Well add me to that list too I tend to be online at those hours too And I think it is cause well it is a time where you have to decide if you go to bed or not...and if you decide on the not part, you have to try to stay awake and not be bored or so...and GW seems like a nice place to hang around And around 4 am my time, the activity starts here so... it is a good excuse to be on... or not lol
    That's what I love about our global family. At any one time, somebody is about, so if you are unable to sleep there's always somebody to talk to.

As for the weight thing - well I should lose something like 100 lbs to be anywhere near my 'ideal' weight. But I would be happy with half that.

Scifithinker - if you can do some regular walking, even if you don't lose weight, your muscles will develop and your stamina will increase. So you will still be able to walk around London.

Barmy is colloquial English for nuts, crazy, three fries short of a happy meal, WHACKO!!

Kay aka Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Barmy is colloquial English for nuts, crazy, three fries short of a happy meal, WHACKO!!

Kay aka Mumsey
      I knew you were calling us nuts.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        What is it about frequenting GW between the hours of 4 and 6 am? I know Neep does it practically daily, as do I (however, I tend to be getting up rather than going to bed, LOL!).

I'm usually asleep or at work at that time

Comment

315 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
            I knew you were calling us nuts.
            1st she says she loves us, then she calls us nuts....

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              As for the weight thing - well I should lose something like 100 lbs to be anywhere near my 'ideal' weight. But I would be happy with half that.

Scifithinker - if you can do some regular walking, even if you don't lose weight, your muscles will develop and your stamina will increase. So you will still be able to walk around London.

Kay aka Mumsey
              I could losing some lbs. Walking is the best exercise IMO. Luckly I tend to walk most places. But then I also eat things like chocolate! So anything I do lose goes back on again

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                I'd bought a big suitcase and smaller one back in early '02, and after 3 trips ('course they were long haul flights with one transfer each way - 6 times for the luggage to be whumped quite a bit!) the big one decided to die inbound at the Vancouver airport. Thank goodness for the belt I'd put around it. Another congoer I met in the customs line said "What? What's the matter?" when she saw me looking at the suitcase with my eyes open too-wide. All I could do was point to the zipper as I dropped down onto my knees to make sure I hadn't lost anything and I'm still amazed nothing fell out. (Makes me wonder when the zipper burst too!) Bought a new big one inexpensively the downtown Vancouver Sears (huge selection of luggage there!) and then zipper pull mechanism died on the smaller one, so I've thrown that into the get-what-I-can-at-a-yardsale pile.

But I realize I get what I pay for too, so I've been eyeballing luggage sets in the advertisements since March, but can't decide on a set. Don't need all the whistles and bells or those 7 piece deals. Just a nice set with sturdy zippers: a nice big one, nice medium one and a small one for carry-on.

316 Days?

LOL! Well, I don't mind that there's at least a year 'til the con (although I really hate the idea of having to wait a whole year to see the friends I've made!). Makes the idea of losing a few more pounds (of weight, not money!) before this con seem much more doable...
                I've bought most of my luggage the past few years from www.ebags.com. You can get some pretty good deals and the ones I have purchased have held up nicely. Well except for the one that the security people ripped apart in SF last year.

Comment

314 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

313 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

312 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

311 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

310 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I had some books about London sent to the branch of the library where I volunteer. One is a biography of London. It's a couple of inches thick, but I think I'll tackle it once I've read a few other nonfics I've been working on.

Nah, not being the least bit obsessive at all.
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

309 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

308 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X