GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    I recently read an article that illustrated a correlation between the popularity of the president in office and the value of the dollar abroad.

By that reckoning, those of us who are Americans are screwed.
    Sad but true. Damn dangling chads.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Not a good idea, wandering around alone at night! Especially in that area. When I was first married, we lived in Stepney Green, just up the road from Whitechapel, and that was in the late sixties/early seventies when the infamous Krays were in 'control' of the area. The East End of London has had a pretty dodgy history for many, many years. It's still not a good place to be alone, after dark. Get yourselves a group together and enjoy the history in the safety of a crowd.

Kay aka Mumsey
      Yes. I remember going to GateGipsy;s 1 time. The 1 train could have got me into London for 8pm. She told me to get an earlier train. She was not going to have me commuting to her house even at that time!

Yes a group is the best bet.

Comment

345 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Which is why a whole bunch of us will have to go together, right?
          That would be great. If i'm in the city when everyone else can do the tour.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            Yeah and the exchange rate isn't as good right now --

it's currently 1 GBP = 1.97070 USD

Hopefully it will drop a bit by next May.
            Yikes. That is not pretty.

Comment

Not pretty at all. Although it makes the math easier.

*prays* Dear God, please bless Mommy and Daddy and all my friends on Gateworld and the exchange rate....
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

*prays* Dear God, please bless Mommy and Daddy and all my friends on Gateworld and the exchange rate....
                ... And please make GABIT4, whenever that may be - whether in 2 years or 10 - take place in the States.

(Of course I'm kidding. London is way cooler anyway.)

Comment

....and please, if you so see fit...... allow one of us to hit the Lotto big sometime soon....
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

.... or for us little darlings in America to get way cool jobs to move to England.

Even if I am the only one praying for this
                    Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

344 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol!

Hey, I think I remember when it hit two dollars last time.
                        scarimor

Comment

Someone on "Samanda" posted a comment about "Inside the Actor's Studio" at AT3 - and it reminded me of a conversation we had a long while back in the GABIT folder about Theatre Sports. There seemed to be quite a lot of interest at the time. So I was wondering - during some of our downtime at the event, while we're in between things and on our own reconnaissance - would there still be interest in getting a small group together (somewhere we're not interfering with the hotel or the other guests, of course) and doing something like that? Even if there are those who would simply like to watch, improvisational theatre sports are HUGE fun (moreso if you do participate!). My university background is in directing for theatre and I know I'd be happy to put something together and there will surely be those who've done it before, but it's fairly simple to teach those who haven't "the ropes" so as to get involved. This would have to be on our own time when there's nothing gabit related going on and off somewhere that's relatively out of traffic so that we don't cause problems for the hotel or the G4. It's just an idea, but if there's interest, and if the G4 do not mind - I'd be happy to work on getting a group and a little bit of improv going. It is HUGE fun. You'd be surprised, especially amongst good friends, even if you've never acted a moment before in your life, it's a truly liberating and hilarious experience to be part of.

Hugs**
                          geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            Someone on "Samanda" posted a comment about "Inside the Actor's Studio" at AT3 - and it reminded me of a conversation we had a long while back in the GABIT folder about Theatre Sports. There seemed to be quite a lot of interest at the time. So I was wondering - during some of our downtime at the event, while we're in between things and on our own reconnaissance - would there still be interest in getting a small group together (somewhere we're not interfering with the hotel or the other guests, of course) and doing something like that? Even if there are those who would simply like to watch, improvisational theatre sports are HUGE fun (moreso if you do participate!). My university background is in directing for theatre and I know I'd be happy to put something together and there will surely be those who've done it before, but it's fairly simple to teach those who haven't "the ropes" so as to get involved. This would have to be on our own time when there's nothing gabit related going on and off somewhere that's relatively out of traffic so that we don't cause problems for the hotel or the G4. It's just an idea, but if there's interest, and if the G4 do not mind - I'd be happy to work on getting a group and a little bit of improv going. It is HUGE fun. You'd be surprised, especially amongst good friends, even if you've never acted a moment before in your life, it's a truly liberating and hilarious experience to be part of.

Hugs**
                            geek
                            Dude. I haven't done that stuff since highschool. I think I might be game

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

Hugs**
                              geek
                              Improv is not my strong suit but, my university background is being directed. Count me in.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                                Dude. I haven't done that stuff since highschool. I think I might be game
                                Ditto. Go improv games! If I go, I'm definitely in.

Comment

Working...
                                X