Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/adam8smart/crazy_face.jpg
    *Is vaguely disturbed by picture and feels one cannot sleep tonight with said picture in head. Is very tired so grabs coke (not pepsi) from fridge to aid in awake staying*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      I figured I should join in this thread. yay!

I skimmed through a few pages and have a couple comments.

Disco: Yay! I love to dance. Any type really.

Shimmeringstar: Ahhh... the suitecase shopping trip. That was fun. Massive sears. Like 6 floors! Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Morris Dancing: Sweet! Don't do morris dancing, but I am an Irish step dancer - anyone else? Does anyone at least know their 3's and 7's?

I plan on taking at least 2 weeks for this trip (like a week before and a week after) - maybe more if I can swing it. I want to visit Ireland again and maybe hit Scotland this time. Any advice or suggestions?

Wow. Vague much.

Damn, my Southern California is showing.
      Yay!

Oh and Becky, Tracy, Kel & Mumsey.... *whispers so Julia doesn't hear* antoa315 is really good about getting up on stage and doing demos of her dancing too..... In case you need any assistance in anything that would help make Julia anxious happy....

Spoiler:

And plllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeee say you'll bring the Geeky!Sam outfit and wear it. (pretty please? )
      Spoiler:

I hear you on the sightseeing. I'd like to do Scotland too. Have already warned my boss I'm taking off 3 weeks around the con. Just depends if I'm going to try to do Scotland before or after AT3.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
        This is probably a dumb question, but is this alcoholic?
        Oh yeah
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
          Yay!

Oh and Becky, Tracy, Kel & Mumsey.... *whispers so Julia doesn't hear* antoa315 is really good about getting up on stage and doing demos of her dancing too..... In case you need any assistance in anything that would help make Julia anxious happy....

Spoiler:
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/VancouverCon/Torri-n-Rachel3.jpg

And plllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeee say you'll bring the Geeky!Sam outfit and wear it. (pretty please? )
          Spoiler:
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/VancouverCon/GeekySam2.jpg

I hear you on the sightseeing. I'd like to do Scotland too. Have already warned my boss I'm taking off 3 weeks around the con. Just depends if I'm going to try to do Scotland before or after AT3.
          Dude! What is with the look on my face in that first pic. So not flattering. Must have been during the clogging demo after I realised that I hadn't really clogged in about 9 years! Though Rachel and Torri seem to be enjoying it

And yes! I'll take any chance I can to get up and dance, preferably if it's in front of a huge room full of people!

If all goes to plan, the Geeky!Sam outfit won't fit me anymore by AT3 time, but maybe I can remake the skirt and reprise it.

I was going to take 2 weeks off of work, but now I don't know if that will be enough time. But I only have 4 weeks of PTO a year. Maybe I can take an extra couple days as unpaid...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            See, this is exactly what starts the rivalry. (obviously it rages in Canada as well). Diet Pepsi ROCKS! Coke is too syrupy.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

350 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Only 251 days until we're in double digits.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

349 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

348 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

347 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                        347 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!
                        Yay!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

So close!!!! Yet so far out I can't get prices for flights, which I know would be outragious at the moment, but I need to plan a budget!! Hey anyone who is staying longer then the weekend, where are ya'll staying? I have several friends in England who I am sure would love to kidnap - err.... show me ya. - their homes, but I still need a bed to sleep in! Any ideas, or what have some of ya'll done in the past?
                          Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

I have been doing some internet surfing and have found the appropriate activity to mark Amanda's new series. So who's coming with me?

Jack the Ripper Tour
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                              I have been doing some internet surfing and have found the appropriate activity to mark Amanda's new series. So who's coming with me?

Jack the Ripper Tour
                              I had wanted to this tour the last time I was in London, but I didn't have the time.

Count me in!

Comment

i would budget 1000 to 1500 for the flight. It might not be that expensive, i flew from kansas c ity to london for a little over 700...but better to budget more than you need than less

as to staying in london, last time sio and i were fortunate to crash at chez gategipsy for a few days between AT1 and Avalon. we haven't thought about this time.

I"m pretty sure that i'm going...but it won't be definite until i get tickets in my hands. And we're thinking about it not being so long this time, perhaps flying in on tuesday, sightsee wed/thu, con fri, sat, sun, sightsee mon, maybe tue, fly home wed

the UK is just too expensive to do too much, and i'll be very surprised if hte US dollar is any better a year from now. If anything, i expect it to get worse
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X