GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post
    Okay, now I feel left out- I either use a silverish/ kinda gunmetal grey case if I have stuff that's squishable or an olive green british army rucksack if there's nothing squashy and I have lots of trains and things to negotiate (rucksack means hands are free so can faff with personal stereo en route, lol).

There is no way on god's green earth that I'd been seen with a pink case, I'm so not a girly type, LOL. I'm sure those that have met me IRL would heartily agree!
    Your not alone Kel,
    Navy blue or black for me....never, ever pink! Hope to be finally meeting ya IRL next month or if not then next year.

Cheers,

Jan
    sigpic

Comment

Okay, now I feel left out- I either use a silverish/ kinda gunmetal grey case if I have stuff that's squishable or an olive green british army rucksack if there's nothing squashy and I have lots of trains and things to negotiate (rucksack means hands are free so can faff with personal stereo en route, lol).

There is no way on god's green earth that I'd been seen with a pink case, I'm so not a girly type, LOL. I'm sure those that have met me IRL would heartily agree!
      Don't worry, I'm not into pink either. My suitcase is black with colorful accessories to identify it quickly.

I think next year for AT3, I'll have a bunch of Sanctuary stickers made up and place them all over my bag.

Comment

Mine is worse, navy blue, just like very other one on the conveyer belt! The only way I recognize it is the purple luggage tag.
        sigpic

Comment

With you, Kelspook. I have my black Snugpak Rocketpak and I lurve it. I rarely have to use the side rockets, but it's nice to know they're there
          scarimor

Comment

I'm still searching. One of my cats has shredded the one I have, so I'm on the hunt for a hard-sided case.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Yep, knowing you IRL that would be my reaction to you with anything pink!!!! Go on spoil me Kel, let me see you in pink!

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post

Yep, knowing you IRL that would be my reaction to you with anything pink!!!! Go on spoil me Kel, let me see you in pink!

Tracy
                You're mean Tracy, but I like it.

Wait a minute, I know Terri wore something pink for the disco last year. What was it......
                sigpic

Comment

LOL- it was a black T-shirt with "This is a pink shirt, you're just not looking at it right" in white, with only the word pink printed in that colour.

I thought I quite neatly got around the problem of it being a pink theme, as I DON'T do pink.

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

358 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

LOL- it was a black T-shirt with "This is a pink shirt, you're just not looking at it right" in white, with only the word pink printed in that colour.

I thought I quite neatly got around the problem of it being a pink theme, as I DON'T do pink.
                      lol, I too own nothing Pink
                      So I had a small problem for the pink party

Comment

yeah, i don't wear pink. course i don't wear orange, so i wouldn't have fit in at AT1 either

we went down to the disco, but there was only the three of us that knew each other, i'm not a dancer and instead of sitting at a table in the dark watching people dance, we went back up stairs or hung out in the lobby

the brits may love the disco, americans don't that much.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          yeah, i don't wear pink. course i don't wear orange, so i wouldn't have fit in at AT1 either

we went down to the disco, but there was only the three of us that knew each other, i'm not a dancer and instead of sitting at a table in the dark watching people dance, we went back up stairs or hung out in the lobby

the brits may love the disco, americans don't that much.
                          You're not saying you're reserved compared to us, are you, Sky?

The thing is, we can go out to a club and dance any time. It's nice to make the most of meeting your friends at the con to sit and chat, go out together for a meal, etc. That's what I prefer.
                          scarimor

Comment

which is why the disco did nothing for me.

we just hung in the lobby a bit, chatted, then went to bed
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ah, I remember now. Such a shame when the memory is already going after six months. I was quite impressed with your way of wearing pink to the disco.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                which is why the disco did nothing for me.

we just hung in the lobby a bit, chatted, then went to bed
                                I think the disco idea was more of a eurodance crowd. Not really my scene either, actually I felt somewhat old when I walked in the door to peek at what it was like! LOL

I think a lot of the GW crowd hung out in the lobby also, and before hand we all went for dinner, that was huge fun. There were a whole lot of us, as I recall!

Hugs,
                                geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X