X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

362 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I got another question for you, this one is from my carer Donna who will be with me at AT3. She wonders do we need to take photographic ID with us when we fly down from Scotland? I know you didn't need any in the past but with all the high security stuff now for travelling I'm not sure, does anyone know? or know where I could find out?

what a boring question, I'm sorry will think of something more exciting to ask next time LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Hi Everyone,

I got another question for you, this one is from my carer Donna who will be with me at AT3. She wonders do we need to take photographic ID with us when we fly down from Scotland? I know you didn't need any in the past but with all the high security stuff now for travelling I'm not sure, does anyone know? or know where I could find out?

what a boring question, I'm sorry will think of something more exciting to ask next time LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Ask Terri, our Paramedic, she's always flying down to our meetings.

Terri come out!!!!

Julia
        G4
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
          Ask Terri, our Paramedic, she's always flying down to our meetings.

Terri come out!!!!

Julia
          G4
          No, no, not Terri
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Julia(samcarterrules)
            As far as i know you have needed photo ID for some time ( a couple of years). Passport or UK photo driving lisence. I always prefered the DL option as Any time I took my passport I was worried about losing it. DL is easier to replace.

Check with the airline, but I am pretty sure the rules haven't relaxed recently and she will need something officail with her piccie on it.

becks
            Who doesn't fly as often as she used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              yeah, the public transit folks were beyond accomodating at answering questions. it was very welcome.

and the tube and trains can be intimidating at first, but sio and i got it figured out after a day or so and we navigated london pretty well for a couple of yanks...ok a yank and a canuck
              Dang skippy I be a Canuck!
              Pixie's Haven

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                As far as i know you have needed photo ID for some time ( a couple of years). Passport or UK photo driving lisence. I always prefered the DL option as Any time I took my passport I was worried about losing it. DL is easier to replace.

Check with the airline, but I am pretty sure the rules haven't relaxed recently and she will need something officail with her piccie on it.

becks
                Who doesn't fly as often as she used to.
                LOL, thanks Becky, I've never flown internal flights before just abroad so... I'll check ASAP

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  I always take my passport with me, as at most of the security checks they want to see some type of photo ID.
                  I would make sure to have some type of photographic ID with you.
                  sigpic

Comment

i would check with the airline for sure, but my gut feeling is that you'll need the ID

better to have more than you need than to risk getting turnred back for the lack of a little card
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes. And make sure you're not wearing a clown costume in your photo. That's a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I know.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Terri coming out as ordered by the lovely Julia, lol.

Yep, you definately need photo ID of some kind to fly. Driving license, passport or work ID card all do- I forgot my driving license and passport last time, but my paramedic ID was okay. In fact it got my excess baggage waived at Bristol after Avalon- the Easyjet chap was about to charge me for an extra 5 kilos, saw my ID and said "Oh, I think we'll let you off with it, you guys do a great job"- very nice bloke!

One of the VERY few times I've gotten a perk out of this job, lol.

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                          Yes. And make sure you're not wearing a clown costume in your photo. That's a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I know.
                          Okay, I'll bite- why on earth were you wearing a clown costume in an ID photo? Or was it for a clown license? Do clowns need those? I guess it would make sense... so mums hosting birthday parties for thier tiny offspring can be assured that the clown they've hired is the real deal, and not some sinister clown imposter.

Sorry, I was at a hen night last night and hangovers make your brain go a bit odd, lol.

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post
                            Terri coming out as ordered by the lovely Julia, lol.

Yep, you definately need photo ID of some kind to fly. Driving license, passport or work ID card all do- I forgot my driving license and passport last time, but my paramedic ID was okay. In fact it got my excess baggage waived at Bristol after Avalon- the Easyjet chap was about to charge me for an extra 5 kilos, saw my ID and said "Oh, I think we'll let you off with it, you guys do a great job"- very nice bloke!

One of the VERY few times I've gotten a perk out of this job, lol.
                            Thanks Terri for the info I'll make sure we all have ID

Yeah Mini do tell about the clown thing sounds interesting LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              Somehow this doesn't surprise me.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post
                                Okay, I'll bite- why on earth were you wearing a clown costume in an ID photo? Or was it for a clown license? Do clowns need those? I guess it would make sense... so mums hosting birthday parties for thier tiny offspring can be assured that the clown they've hired is the real deal, and not some sinister clown imposter.

Sorry, I was at a hen night last night and hangovers make your brain go a bit odd, lol.
                                Speaking of hangovers and brain bleed..

Enough has already been said!

On an unrelated note: (One of my best friends is a paramedic here, he just went up a level to the advanced kind, who can sub in for a doctor in some instances if there is no doctor present, I have huge respect for all of you who do that kind of job, it's really tireless, and I think you're all incredible!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X