No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this is really serious now. I have 2 and 1/2 days until I board the plane and I'm really NOT even close to being ready. My suitcase it too small......I have NOTHING pink. At least my hubby has a 20 year old horrid pink tie, I have nothing. (hangs her head in shame). Can I wear a pink Green M&M t-shirt, with pink jammy pants? (grins hopefully?) I guess not.......you know green's reputation.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
      OK, this is really serious now. I have 2 and 1/2 days until I board the plane and I'm really NOT even close to being ready. My suitcase it too small......I have NOTHING pink. At least my hubby has a 20 year old horrid pink tie, I have nothing. (hangs her head in shame). Can I wear a pink Green M&M t-shirt, with pink jammy pants? (grins hopefully?) I guess not.......you know green's reputation.

I say just pick up yourself a couple of pretty pink hair barrettes when you get to London and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
        Just a quick peek into thread.... I'm here in Central London. It was a gorgeous day - high near 16 degrees C (60F). Haven't been asleep for over 30 hours, but I'm here!!!! Safe trip, breezed through security, wonderful seatmates, saw 2 hours worth of gorgeous clouds as we chased after the sunset on the way to Chicago to catch the *big* plane. Have found the wonder that is Tesco's. Will try to make plans for tomorrow and then will crash for the evening!

Can't wait to see everyone at the Ren. Oh--- as we landed I was on the the side of the plane to see the runway side of the Ren. And gave a mini-squee as I realized that that was where I'd be in a few days. Had late lunch at a sidewalk cafe.... Yummmmm!
        Hey ShimmeringStar!! I'm glad you made it to your destination safely, and that you're getting some zzzz's!

Now, what exactly is Tesco's? And the Ren?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Hey ShimmeringStar!! I'm glad you made it to your destination safely, and that you're getting some zzzz's!

Now, what exactly is Tesco's? And the Ren?
          Tescos is our largest super market chain. They sell everything. From food to computers!

Ren; she's refering to the AT2 hotel .

Comment

4 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              I say just pick up yourself a couple of pretty pink hair barrettes when you get to London and call it a day.
              Good call. I think it's silly stressing out over the whole pink theme when you should be looking forward to the event. Last year we didn't all go decked out head to toe in orange, some wore a lot of stuff, true but others just had glo-sticks, hair scrunchies, a bracelet, socks and some wore nothing orange at all. If you really feel the need to pink it up then think of small things as Kat said, not clothes, lipstick can be pink, or pocket hanky, a flower pinned to your outfit, there are so many little things, easy little things.

Last year our pass lanyards were orange, maybe they will be pink this year, who knows (I certainly don't) but if that's the case then again, problem solved.

Above all else Lida, the idea of the the 'themed' disco is meant to be fun, not something to get wound up over and drive yourself nuts, nobody is going to tell you you can't go in because you're not wearing pink, there is NO pressure here from any of the Gabit4 or any other one of us so stop giving yourself extra worry when you've already said you have much to do.

If I had to choose for myself, I think the pink accessory a la mode would be a stick of cotton candy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rune;5995116]
                Above all else Lida, the idea of the the 'themed' disco is meant to be fun, not something to get wound up over and drive yourself nuts, nobody is going to tell you you can't go in because you're not wearing pink, there is NO pressure here from any of the Gabit4 or any other one of us so stop giving yourself extra worry when you've already said you have much to do.

QUOTE]

There is absolutely *no* compulsory ruling that anyone *has* to wear pink to the pink party. It's a suggested colour meant purely for fun so that you all have a theme to dress up for if you want. You don't have to and you certainly wouldn't get stopped from going in if you don't. Just have fun!

Julia
                G4
                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Thanks Julia

You are going to be wearing those glittery platforms though, I hope

Comment

Originally posted by Rune View Post
                    Thanks Julia

You are going to be wearing those glittery platforms though, I hope

Oh see now you've gone and spoiled the surprise!!

Tsk tsk...

Julia
                    G4
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Oh. My. God. I'm going to be IN LONDON IN TWO DAYS!!!!!

geek (whose colleagues are all jealous, ha ha ha ha!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

[QUOTE=JuliaR;5995275]
                        Originally posted by Rune View Post

There is absolutely *no* compulsory ruling that anyone *has* to wear pink to the pink party. It's a suggested colour meant purely for fun so that you all have a theme to dress up for if you want. You don't have to and you certainly wouldn't get stopped from going in if you don't. Just have fun!

Julia
                        G4
                        OK, I'll just stress out that I have 48 hours to get 4 days worth of work done. Not gonna happen, so I'm just going to stress out until I get all the suitcases packed. Hubby will have pink tie, and I'll be invisible in black. I probably couldn't fit anything else in my suitcase anyway. LOL

Can't wait until Friday.....I hope Amanda doesn't think my husband and I are stalking her, as this will be the 3rd time in 6 months we've met with her. At my walk on in Septemeber, she remembered me from March. I was floored. We had met in a very strange place, after being the last table she visited at the breakfast. I walked into the bathroom next to the hall at the March Con, and Amanda was putting ON make-up. I told her to stop, as she didn't need it, and she didn't. She laughed and we talked for a few minutes. Sorry if I'm rambling, but I absolutely adore her. She is so real, so warm, and so wonderful, I'm hooked.
                        On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                          Oh see now you've gone and spoiled the surprise!!

Tsk tsk...

Julia
                          G4
                          So harking back to your glam rock days Julia?

T

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

I just remembered, I was going to answer your post.......ME TOO, and I'm not ready! So why am I sitting in front of a computer????? OK, I'm leaving.....back to house cleaning. UGH!

And Julia, um, glittery platforms? I once fell off my platforms, and broke my elbow (not joking), so I'll be very impressed to see anyone actually walk in those things. LOL
                            On fighting:

Comment

Though ShimmeringStar isn't online to enjoy this (cuz, ya know, she's already there), and though I missed my Monday miniSquee last week, I thought it'd be appropriate to do a bit of a Monday miniPanic. So...

MiniPanic!!!

*runs around like a headless chicken on fire*

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

lol

me to

squeeeeee

oh, i pulled up the weather channel for london

lows 40's, high's 50's, chance of rain

not too bad overall
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X