GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    Waarg. TJ, sweetie , we get the Conveyor: the warmth from the Caribbean floating up to make us warmer than similar latitudes over there.
    Wow! Aren't you Miss Brainiac?! I'm not a geographer, it's just that when I lived in Germany, that's how we explained why it was cold and dark.

Should we bring shades?
    You may need them. It's bright.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      You may need them. It's bright.
      You'll be the belle of the ball. Me? I'll be the way more casually dressed wallflower. But there will be a teensy bit of pink in my jacket. LoL

geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        You'll be the belle of the ball. Me? I'll be the way more casually dressed wallflower. But there will be a teensy bit of pink in my jacket. LoL

geek
        Bahahahaha. You are joking, right? You haven't SEEN the colour of this fabric! I just love all the dressing up stuff, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          Bahahahaha. You are joking, right? You haven't SEEN the colour of this fabric! I just love all the dressing up stuff, though.
          See, I'm the total opposite. Never liked it. If I could, I'd live in my jeans 24/7. I suck at being a girl.

Comment

i'm taking the easy way out

my pink???

a t-shirt

this frumpy american doesn't quite get the whole disco thing.

thanks for the weather suggestions. things here right now, well it was 60 yesterday and i swear it's close to 80 out there right now. thanksgiving in kansas can be 20 below or 95 degrees...or anything in between
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              The only predictable thing about the English weather is that it is usually unpredictable.
              Actually, the only predictable thing is the RAIN! My advice is to pack a light rain jacket... then you're sorted if it's warm and you can layer up underneath if it's cold... don't doubt me on this one, in Ireland it can rain for a week and England isn't much different...

My pink triumph is a camisole with some flowery things on it... safe to say its the girliest thing I've ever purchased... so it's that and jeans for me... fellow tomboy here minigeek

Comment

it'll be a pink t-shirt and jeans for me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  See, I'm the total opposite. Never liked it. If I could, I'd live in my jeans 24/7. I suck at being a girl.
                  Glad to see so many loving the casual life like me! I always sucked at the girlie stuff, too, MG
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

hey all you gabit goers, we have the idea for a little project

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37257

it's all explained in this thread

the more the merrier

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep View Post
                      Glad to see so many loving the casual life like me! I always sucked at the girlie stuff, too, MG
                      Oh thank god, I won't be the only one, lol! But hey, at least it IS an excuse to buy NEW jeans for me.

mg

Comment

7 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Hows things, this time next week I'll be on the train to London wow I can't wait to finally meet everyone, busy packing now, finally got my pink to wear - I hate girly things too. oh well it for a good cause(too make us all look as silly as posible lol)

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i'm taking the easy way out

my pink???

a t-shirt

this frumpy american doesn't quite get the whole disco thing.

thanks for the weather suggestions. things here right now, well it was 60 yesterday and i swear it's close to 80 out there right now. thanksgiving in kansas can be 20 below or 95 degrees...or anything in between
                            LOL at all your pinko conversations ... ha! What's the deal on the pink? I'm late to the discussion ... are you GABIT guys wearing pink for the cocktail party? Q&A sessions? Disco parties? Last year it was orange, Amanda's "favourite colour" ... how did pink get started this year?

Sorry, I don't feel like scrolling back to research this ... can anyone just drop in and bring me up to date?

As to Kansas winters, yes, I've experienced Iowa winters and thinking more the below frigid temps rather than the quirky warmer trends. Although, the USA has been having warmer winters lately ... global warming stuff and all that.

On another note, Amanda wore jeans to most if not all of her Q&As last year so yes GABIT, aside from the cocktail party, is a pretty informal weekend. You guys are going to have a blast!

And, finally, Coley videotaped a really cute spiff I did last year at GABIT, coming out of my hotel room and following me down to the lobby and entrance to the cocktail party ... I played the roving reporter. Ooobs and Sky, would you accept last year's cocktail-party spoof for your collection?! I think that I was the only regular from Samanda/Sam thread at the party but this year, yea, you'll have two tables full of Samandans!
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 November 2006, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I don't know how the disco ended up being pink. The only thing I can think of in my head is that Amanda's fave show is Little Britain and she loves Vicky Pollard who dresses in pink. But I'm pretty sure that reasoning is too far fetched.

Comment

Hey guys, what are you all having signed by Amanda at the autograph session? I don't really have anything, myself --- not a big collector of those sorts of things before today. Will we have an opportunity to purchase a photo prior? Or do we have to arrange that before we get there and bring it with us? Just wondering. I don't even know what I'd pick, lol, but I don't want to miss out on it. So advice for this con newbie??

geeek

Comment

Working...
                                X