Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Hi

You guys are so funny, I just laughed my way through the last 2 pages. Hope I can keep up in London lol

I'm a bit nervous about meeting, Are newbi people allowed to join in the late-night chats/drinking? (Dumb question I know, nervse are getting the better of me)

Julia(samcarterrules)
    Hi Julia, of course you're allowed to join in, we're all there to enjoy ourselves and have fun, so don't be nervous about meeting new people we all feel that way initially, I know I did last year but it was so much fun so just jump right in and introduce yourself, we don't bite, well I don't... honest!

Heheh, I'm laughing here remembering the looks we got from other residents staying at the hotel last year, many of whom hadn't a clue what was going on because in the daytime the place was filled with people sporting name badges on orange lanyard / neck-thingys and then suddenly in the evening the it exploded into a riot of orange glow-sticks, wigs (Bev, are you dyeing the Jimmy pink wig this year) and clothing
    Last edited by Rune; 05 November 2006, 03:54 AM.

Comment

hey all,
      wow..cant believe that we are so near to the event... WOW...

kliggins you may want to update your list with my name for the cocktail party... YEEEEEEES! i'll be there too!
      cant wait to meet you all...

Comment

Originally posted by Uuzz View Post
        hey all,
        wow..cant believe that we are so near to the event... WOW...

kliggins you may want to update your list with my name for the cocktail party... YEEEEEEES! i'll be there too!
        cant wait to meet you all...
        Yay, good for you! Kliggy is probably in bed asleep with her hot water bottle & Senator Kinsey plushie right now but she'll certainly add to the CP list you when she gets in later

See you there ^^

See Kliggs? I didn't mention the teeth in a jar bit - oops!

Comment

Thanks. At this point I need the encouragement. I should have (by tomorrow) a 3000 word essay, a pile of marking and five weekly tasks done. At the moment I have marked two books and written 15 words of my essay. Oh well.

On the other hand, I know what my dress will look like and what material I'm going to use (I think). It's so over the top and in your face pink that sunglasses may be needed!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune View Post
            Yay, good for you! Kliggy is probably in bed asleep with her hot water bottle & Senator Kinsey plushie right now but she'll certainly add to the CP list you when she gets in later

See you there ^^

See Kliggs? I didn't mention the teeth in a jar bit - oops!

Senator kinsey what?

@Tracy jane. encouragement? ok. sure i can do it
            encouraging vibes on your way... (15 words on 3000?) lots of vibes

Comment

I really, REALLY want a Senator Kinsey plush toy now. I may have to make my own. Hehehehe. As for vibes... I have a *really* dirty mind today. Must be the influence of all these gutter girls!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hi

You guys are so funny, I just laughed my way through the last 2 pages. Hope I can keep up in London lol

I'm a bit nervous about meeting, Are newbi people allowed to join in the late-night chats/drinking? (Dumb question I know, nervse are getting the better of me)

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Julia, speaking from last year's experience ... the lobby is a user-friendly space - you'll meet and greet fellow fans all weekend there and groups just form to chat and maybe get a drink or two from the bar/lounge. Just wear your GABIT badge and wander over! Have fun!

This year I bet there will be a lot more social get-togethers in hotel rooms too with such a large crowd of GW fans going.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  WooHoo - I just received an email from Kay and a spot at the cocktail party has opened up and I was next on the waiting list - So Kliggs add me to the cocktail party list

Runs off to rethink about clothes to take to London
                  Lucky you! Pack a nice outfit, leave the sax at home!

Comment

Eeeeek - So close now!!
                    I'll be leaving Lewis friday morning for a pre GABIT break in Wales, so I'm busy packing today.
                    Someone mentioned haircut last page - Knew I'd forget about something!!

See you all there!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      Julia, speaking from last year's experience ... the lobby is a user-friendly space - you'll meet and greet fellow fans all weekend there and groups just form to chat and maybe get a drink or two from the bar/lounge. Just wear your GABIT badge and wander over! Have fun!

This year I bet there will be a lot more social get-togethers in hotel rooms too with such a large crowd of GW fans going.
                      Thanks for making me feel better just needed a kick you know where, but I guess its normal to be nervous meeting AT for the first time, and new friends to I hope (see all you in 10.5 days)

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                        12? Twelve? No, it can't be just 12. Twelve is too soon. I'm frightened. I can't handle 12. Push it back a bit

If it's only 12 it means I have to start thinking about the fact that I'm procrastinating about thinking about getting remotely organised.
                        Know this feeling only too well!!!!!!
                        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                        Hic Comitas Regit
                        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Shimmering Star.... test packing seems the way forward, but I'm just notthat organised. I was supposed to head back to Nottingham next weekend to get a few bits I still need for uni, but it's going to have to wait. Gabit pink dress making is *so* much more urgent!
                          Ahhhh, I was going to ask you if you had finished making that dress yet

I have problems sewing even a button on so you go girl
                          LOL! Thanks for reminding me that I need to see about putting some needles and thread into the suitcase just in case I need to do some emergency clothes repair!!!

I don't know about rethink the outfit here, I haven't even started to think at the basic level yet, although seeing as there is food involved I will probably not be wearing anything pale seeing as how I'm a veritable magnet for spilling stuff down myself in company
                          Mmmmm... anything of the tomato and olive oil-based variety seems to make its way onto my shirt-front.... Guess we'll need to make sure we bring those RDA bibs from the Thunk thread???
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
                            Eeeeek - So close now!!
                            I'll be leaving Lewis friday morning for a pre GABIT break in Wales, so I'm busy packing today.
                            Someone mentioned haircut last page - Knew I'd forget about something!!

See you all there!!
                            Enjoy your trip Coley!
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                              Mmmmm... anything of the tomato and olive oil-based variety seems to make its way onto my shirt-front.... Guess we'll need to make sure we bring those RDA bibs from the Thunk thread???
                              Ohhhh don't tempt me, there are other things I might bring too

Comment

Ohhhh don't tempt me, there are other things I might bring too
                                *wonders if Feli's PG paddle is safe*

Comment

Working...
                                X