GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St@rbuck
    I can't make it to Gabit anymore i'm so gutted as i booked my ticket at the end of last year and i've been looking forward to it so much

I found out yesterday that the place i work ironicly camelot theme park (based on the legends of king arther and avalon) will be closing soon and so i can only keep my job till the end of October so i'm going to have to get a new job and i won't be able to get time off if i get the job i really want, plu i now can't afford it

I'm so misrable right now i was soooooo exited plus i'm going to loose my money i paid for my ticket and i booked my hotel room online and had to pay a deposit for that

*cries*

I shall just hope there will be another next year *crosses finger*

XXXX
    I am very sorry St@rbuck.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen
      GABIT are now taking pre-orders for AT2 event shirts. They will be a similar design as last year, black shirts with red embroidery on the left breast and the date and title of AT2.
      We have normal T-Shirts (£13), Ladies fitted T-Shirts(£19) and Polo Shirts (£19).
      They are available only for pick up at AT2 – you will get them when you register.

Closing date for pre-orders is SUNDAY 1st October 2006 so please get your skates on.

To order shirts please go to: http://registration.gabitevents.com/shirtsform.html
      Done and dusted ! ((((((((((Becks and Gabit4)))))))))))

Last year's shirts have survived really well,and still look good.Hubs and I wear them to work regularly,and mine get snurched by daughter to wear on HS trips.

Amazing how many people recognise Amanda's name.

(Makes me wonder how accurately the viewer rating on Sky compares against the highish RL recognition factor I've found in Essex and beyond ! )
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
        Banjo *check*
        RAID *check
        Balls of string for finding way back to hotel room *check*

;D
        Oh dear.Raid. Raid and Bev make an interesting combo ..
        Note to Bev : Pack the banjo ! We can track you by the sound of plunkin'
        (Or by the wails of frustration when the string gets rolled up and the trail lost.)

Not much time now and I still don't have anything to wear to the cocktail party. Is it time to panic??
        Nah ! Plenty time left to select your outfit.

For those of us who were at Gabit1, you might find this article of interest. It's from the latest issue of Favour, the magazine for the Hearing Dogs charity and is about their Hearing Dog of the Year Awards. The Life-changing Hearing Dog of the Year award was given to Harry. He's the hearing dog for Pat who spoke so movingly to us all at the convention about how Harry had changed her life
        WTG re Harry and Pat.Her love and gratitude for Harry shone so brightly.Wonderful lady ,and I felt privileged to hear her story at AT1.

(((((((flippy))))))) Thanks for posting the link .Looking forward to seeing you again!

ETA : Argh ! Editing in my reply to K and S
        Originally posted by Kliggins
        It's updated, I just didn't repost it.
        Can we have a re-post of the lists ,as I can't find the previous one,due to the pages refusing to turn back on the thread today (for me) ?

Pwease pwetty pwease ?? I'll bring you Mars Bars and sweeties !

I can't make it to Gabit anymore i'm so gutted as i booked my ticket at the end of last year and i've been looking forward to it so much

I found out yesterday that the place i work ironicly camelot theme park (based on the legends of king arther and avalon) will be closing soon and so i can only keep my job till the end of October so i'm going to have to get a new job and i won't be able to get time off if i get the job i really want, plu i now can't afford it

I'm so misrable right now i was soooooo exited plus i'm going to loose my money i paid for my ticket and i booked my hotel room online and had to pay a deposit for that

*cries*

XXXX
        ((((((((((((St@rbuck))))))))))) RL has a bad habit of biting hard. I really hope your situation improves asap .

*Crosses fingers that maybe something good willl come up ,and you can still see Amanda this time around .*

(Hoping that,failing that,maybe you can see her at AT3 when/if possible!)
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 September 2006, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Last year's shirts have survived really well,and still look good.Hubs and I wear them to work regularly,and mine get snurched by daughter to wear on HS trips.

(Makes me wonder how accurately the viewer rating on Sky compares against the highish RL recognition factor I've found in Essex and beyond ! )
          Just a quick question.....how do they fit? True to size, a tad big or a tad small? T-shirts have become difficult for me to buy lately without trying them on.

Thanks!
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

48 Days until AT2!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              Just a quick question.....how do they fit? True to size, a tad big or a tad small? T-shirts have become difficult for me to buy lately without trying them on.

Thanks!
              Hi Lida ! I found the sizes were quite generous,and not too "Skinny".If in doubt,though ,go for a size too big ?

That's raised a point I was wondering about..are UK sizes bigger or smaller than US or European ?

If it helps,I ordered XL and there was loads of room extra.Oh dear..I think I just confused the sizes issue a bit more ..

Comment

Hi Lida ! I found the sizes were quite generous,and not too "Skinny".If in doubt,though ,go for a size too big ?

That's raised a point I was wondering about..are UK sizes bigger or smaller than US or European ?

If it helps,I ordered XL and there was loads of room extra.Oh dear..I think I just confused the sizes issue a bit more ..
                What the heck did you say? *scratches head*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                  What the heck did you say? *scratches head*
                  Aw..phooey !

I realise that I made little or no sense about the sizes.

To clarify : I'm kinda large to XL size, but the XL Gabit Ts and Polos were quite loose-fitting .

Hence : I think the other sizes are probably generous too.

So,Kliggy,now I've tried to be clearer..do I get the roll calls reposted ,then ?

*Waves bag of mini Mars bars nonchalantly*

Comment

Banjo *check*
                    RAID *check
                    Balls of string for finding way back to hotel room *check*

;D
                    I hope I won't need the raid.(well, except for using it on Kliggy! ) Everything else is packed. *plink* *plunk*

Not much time now and I still don't have anything to wear to the cocktail party. Is it time to panic??
                    Since I don't own a dress or a skirt, this cuts down on the choices I have to make. What blouse goes with black trousers? (my wardrobe is soooo boring)

For those of us who were at Gabit1, you might find this article of interest. It's from the latest issue of Favour, the magazine for the Hearing Dogs charity and is about their Hearing Dog of the Year Awards. The Life-changing Hearing Dog of the Year award was given to Harry. He's the hearing dog for Pat who spoke so movingly to us all at the convention about how Harry had changed her life
                    Thanks flippy. What a great article. I was moved by the wonderful talk Pat gave at Gabit, and it was an honour to meet her and Harry, and all the other folk from Hearing Dogs....not forgetting the life-changing dogs themselves.
                    sigpic

Comment

*cries*

XXXX
                      Oh no! Real life sucks at times. As Jack would say, "C'mere".
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't worry ,Bev. If there are any spideys at the Ren Hotel..I promise to come help you chuck them out !

Comment

My t-shirt and polo shirt are still going strong, and I wear them a lot! Well worth the money.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh dear.Raid. Raid and Bev make an interesting combo ..
                            Note to Bev : Pack the banjo ! We can track you by the sound of plunkin'
                            (Or by the wails of frustration when the string gets rolled up and the trail lost.)
                            The wails will probably be from the people that hear my banjo playing!

Originally posted by F.H.Bagpuss
                            (((((((flippy))))))) Thanks for posting the link .Looking forward to seeing you again!
                            Oh, I forgot to say that to flippy when I replied to her post. See you soon flips.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Thanks!
                              I think they were a great fit, and probably slightly on the generous side, which suits me fine!
                              sigpic

Comment

Aw..phooey !

I realise that I made little or no sense about the sizes.

To clarify : I'm kinda large to XL size, but the XL Gabit Ts and Polos were quite loose-fitting .

Hence : I think the other sizes are probably generous too.

So,Kliggy,now I've tried to be clearer..do I get the roll calls reposted ,then ?

*Waves bag of mini Mars bars nonchalantly*
                                *grabs a Mars bar* I agree about the sizes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X