GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

Now, how many days did you say it was Mal?
    64 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

63 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

62 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

61 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh my the time is going by rather quickly, isn't it?

I finally have all of our hotel rooms booked for the trip. Whee!!!
            Now I just have to purchase the train passes and tube passes and I'll be all set!!

Ok, that's not entirely true. I still have to buy a new suitcase because the Airlines destroyed my old one during my trip to California last month.

Comment

60 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                Thanks Julia

BTW, if anyone is lurking out there and wavering over whether or not to buy a day ticket for AT2 then take it from me that it is well worth it. I bought a day ticket for the Saturday last year, had a wonderful time and was made to feel as much a part of all the fun as all the 'full weekenders'.

If you can go for it, just go for it ^_^
                Seconding that,Rune ! The only pity last year ,was that you and several other very friendly day-pass holders couldn't stay for the whole w/e .

To anyone lurking,and considering buying a day pass : You won't regret choosing to attend.Gabit 4 and the stewards make everyone feel welcome and Amanda's a wonderful entertainer .
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

*wipes brow*

Shewwweeee.... finally got all those reservations made and transportation tickets bought! (Will have to drop the procrastinator from my name now!) Will be coming into London to play tourist from Sunday Nov.12th, will head over to the Ren on Thursday the 16th and will be there through early Tues. a.m. when I head out.
                  *Strikes "Procrastinator" from SS ' good name ". WTG..all sorted and still loads of lovely time left !

*giggles* Can't wait to see the credit card bill this month!
                  Make sure you're seated before you open the envelope ,lol !

Now it's time to worry about the fun things... what to wear, what to do with the hair, what to see, where to be....
                  To Wear : Clothing .
                  The hair : Shampoo,trim and pack light.(There'll be a hairdrier and some shower/smampoo gel and stuff provided in your Ren room ,plus fluffy towels.Maid service included,so you'll be ok for replacement stuff.)
                  To See : Everything possible !
                  Where to Be : After registering and reception/finding your room stuff ? Ans : In the main reception by around 9pm on the Friday night.Then go with the Con crowd,lol !

Hmm...been too busy in the recent past to check the Gabit FAQ etc and too out of practice to correctly edit my prev post to add this .Drat...I'm rusty.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

(((Baggie)))) (((Kat)))) ((((Mal)))))

2 months! 2 months! 2 months! {insert hypersmiley guy}

What Baggie? I thought I'd go "au naturael." (I'd be one purpley-pink SS by then!) And LOL, I'm back at square one with the hair like I was before Shore Leave! (Do I leave it shoulder length and get a trim as you said, or do I go short? Ah... decisions, decisions, decisions!)

I ordered my LondonPass last Sunday evening Kat. The 6-day one, so I should be getting it later this week. Yay! Must go blow the dust off the suitcases though and see about the amount of baggage I can take for international flights... And work on seeing what I need to bring re: power conversion for my camera's battery charger (the only electronic thing I plan to bring...)
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

(((Baggie)))) (((Kat)))) ((((Mal)))))

2 months! 2 months! 2 months! {insert hypersmiley guy}
                      Is it time to pack????? Is it????
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        Is it time to pack????? Is it????
                        Sure, go ahead.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Oh my the time is going by rather quickly, isn't it?

I finally have all of our hotel rooms booked for the trip. Whee!!!
                          Now I just have to purchase the train passes and tube passes and I'll be all set!!

Ok, that's not entirely true. I still have to buy a new suitcase because the Airlines destroyed my old one during my trip to California last month.
                          Kat sorry about your suitcase - I think since I will be flying on Thursday night arriving on Friday and flying back on Monday I'm just going to go with a carry-on and camera bag.

Now I do need to check on what transportation from the airport to the hotel is like.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Kat sorry about your suitcase - I think since I will be flying on Thursday night arriving on Friday and flying back on Monday I'm just going to go with a carry-on and camera bag.

Now I do need to check on what transportation from the airport to the hotel is like.
                            I'm not sure which airport you'll be coming from - Heathrow or Gatwick, but here is some information I have about the surrounding area.

Heathrow Renaissance Hotel Transfers By Hoppa Bus

The Heathrow Hoppa bus only runs from terminals 1, 2, and 3. From terminal 4 you can take the Heathrow Express train to terminals 1, 2, and 3, this is a free ride between terminals. The Hotel Hoppa costs £4 one way. You can also buy a multi-ride ticket which is a book of ten tickets offering savings over the equivalent fare if paying singles each time.

The Hoppa Bus service is run by Airlinks who are part of the National Express Group, and link most of the hotels local to the airport. Unlike most of the Heathrow Airport coach and bus services, the Heathrow hoppa starts and stops at terminals 1, 2 and 3, visiting each one in turn. You can also buy tickets at these points and also on board from the driver if paying in GBP sterling. At each stop you will also find a timetable for the complete Hoppa service.

Hoppa Bus H2 runs from Park Inn to Terminals 1, 2, 3.
                            Fare is £4 per journey, children under 15, accompanied by an adult, travel free.
                            Airport to hotel: 05:38 then every 12 minutes until 23:02 and finally 23:26.
                            Times shown are from Terminal 2.

For Terminal 3, add 5 minutes.
                            For Terminal 1 Arrivals, add 10 minutes.
                            Use Heathrow Express to transfer from Terminal 4 to Terminals 1, 2, 3 (free)

If you have relatively light luggage you can do the same journey free using local buses. From the Central Bus Station catch a red local bus, routes 285, 105 and 140. The airport subsidizes these buses, this is a free ride.

These buses stop opposite the Renaissance, you cannot miss the hotel.Ring the bell when you see the large Park Inn on your left, the Radisson is on the other side of the road at the next stop.

Taxi service from Heathrow to the Marriott is approximately £10.

Traveling from Heathrow to London via Tube:

The least expensive way to travel to London from Heathrow is via the tube. The closest tube station from the Heathrow Marriott hotel is Heathrow Airport/Hatton Cross located on the Piccadilly Line. You can take a hoppa bus there, but when the local buses are free and make frequent trips between the hotels and airport what's the point?
                            Once at the airport, you need only decide where you wish to go and choose the appropriate ticket. For anyone who plans to travel a bit while in London, your best bet is the one and three-day passes which gives you unlimited travel.

For more information and pricing.
                            Tube Map

Vicinity:
                            The Renaissance Heathrow is on the Bath Road, the northern perimeter road of the airport. Opposite the hotel down the side of the Park Inn is Sovereign Food & Wine. This is a small convenience store which includes fruit, confectionery and wine. There is also a cash machine inside.

Next door to Sovereign is an Italian Restaurant. On the same side of the road, about 150m west is The Three Magpies Pub, which does food including steaks. About 200m along the Bath Road is a McDonald’s, in front of the Radisson Edwardian hotel.

If you need any information about getting to Heathrow from Gatwick, just give me a hollar. I have a whole stack of information I've been gathering, since last year the taxi ride cost me £60. Don't think I'll be doing that again unless I have a lot of friends with me.
                            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 September 2006, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks Kat - I will be flying into Heathrow - I do plan on going very light on the luggage. I'm not sure what I'm bringing camera wise - but I can pack enough clothes for the weekend in a carry-on. I have to change planes in LA and have just carry-on luggage will be my best bet to make sure I end up with clothes in London.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

hey! cant believe it! only 2 months

Hoppa bus infomations! great!!
                                *takes note*
                                thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X