No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so what type of questions do people normally ask at these conventions? Do they strictly involve the show? Her career? Dreams? Goals? Ambitions?

I already have a list that my 4yr old wants me to ask. Don't think that's going to happen though, because I'm likely to be laughed out of the convention.
    • What's your favorite color? blue
    • What's your second favorite color? pink
    • What's your favorite food? blueberry pancakes
    • What's your favorite snack? popcorn
    • What animal do you wish you could be? puppy
    • Teal'c is really funny, do you know where he lives?
    • Does he live up by the stars and the moon? I wish I could visit him.
    • Andrew( my 14yo ) says only boys have short hair, but momma says
    • you have short hair and you're a girl. Are you really a girl?
    • Do you like having short hair? I have long hair, but I don't like it. I want to cut it all off so I don't have to wear it in a ponytail anymore.

Guess I'm really going to have to start working on my own list of questions if I don't want to wear a bag over my head while I'm asking them. LOL!

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Ok so what type of questions do people normally ask at these conventions? Do they strictly involve the show? Her career? Dreams? Goals? Ambitions?

I already have a list that my 4yr old wants me to ask. Don't think that's going to happen though, because I'm likely to be laughed out of the convention.
      • Do you like having short hair? I have long hair, but I don't like it. I want to cut it all off so I don't have to wear it in a ponytail anymore.

Guess I'm really going to have to start working on my own list of questions if I don't want to wear a bag over my head while I'm asking them. LOL!

Kat
      ROTFL!!!! Kids! he he

69 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Anything from that list seems to be the norm,Kat .
        Awww..give her a hug,please from me !
        Only 4 but she came up with a lovely set of questions and answers.
        My two are quite a bit older,and here's their little list so far.
        Daughter :Will Jack retire to be with Carter ? (+other Shippy Q's,bound to be on other people's lists.)
        Son: Will Carter get to blow up some more Suns ? Will she get to use a Bazooka again ? Will she get a hand device ever again ? What IS the decay rate of naquadah ? Will she ...yadda !
        I may pinch some of his questions....the boy's fascinated by the prospect of Carter blowing stuff up.So am I .
        Good luck with your list .I bet Amanda would actually enjoy your 4 year-old's questions too.

Nice countdown,Mal..
        69 days to go...so I'd better stir myself and find the roll calls again !
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Kat
          That is a wonderful list of question. I wish I had thought of it. Please pass along a great job to your daughter.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
            ... My two are quite a bit older,and here's their little list so far.

Daughter :Will Jack retire to be with Carter ? (+other Shippy Q's,bound to be on other people's lists.)

Son: Will Carter get to blow up some more Suns ? Will she get to use a Bazooka again ? Will she get a hand device ever again ? What IS the decay rate of naquadah ? Will she ...yadda ! I may pinch some of his questions....the boy's fascinated by the prospect of Carter blowing stuff up.So am I .
            He said, she said! LOL It's so funny to see how the children are thinking in traditional boy-girl models. She wants to know about Sam's romantic life; he wants to see Carter as a powerful soldier and scientist and using a bazooka again!!!

Of course, many of us grown-ups want to see Sam Carter in all those roles!

Forever ... great set of questions from your little AT fan!

And, Becks, thanks so much for providing the info on the smoking policy for GABIT! Sounds like everyone should feel accommodated and provided for.

Comment

Nice countdown,Mal..
              69 days to go...so I'd better stir myself and find the roll calls again !

LOL Did you find the count down?? The tease was aimed at you :-P

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                He said, she said! LOL It's so funny to see how the children are thinking in traditional boy-girl models. She wants to know about Sam's romantic life; he wants to see Carter as a powerful soldier and scientist and using a bazooka again!!!
                Yep.Despite my best intentions in trying to aim them both towards non-gender specific thinking.
                Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                LOL Did you find the count down?? The tease was aimed at you :-P
                Of course I found the countdown...white type still shows up on a dimmed screen.Nice try !!

Comment

Of course I found the countdown...white type still shows up on a dimmed screen.Nice try !!

68!!! DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

68!!! DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!
                    Very colorful today Mal!
                    sigpic

Comment

Update for all attendees and those who haven't bought tickets yet!

Day Passes now available

In her first UK convention appearance since February 2002, Amanda will
                      be joining her fans for a weekend in London, England on 28th-30th
                      October 2005 at the Renaissance Hotel, Bath Road, Heathrow, London.

Full weekend tickets and day passes are now on sale via the Registration
                      link on the web page. We are also pleased to announce that we are now
                      accepting credit cards through World Pay.

Visit www.gabitevents.co.uk for full details and tickets
                      Any questions just shout, amandatappingevent @ gabitevents.co.uk ( no
                      spaces)
                      Thank you all again for your continued loyalty, support and patience.

Becky, Julia, Kay and John
                      GABIT EVENTS
                      Some things in life are worth waiting for….
                      Not long now….

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                        Very colorful today Mal!
                        Thank you!!!

67 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Comment

UPDATED ROLLCALL!!!!

Attending the Convention :

Mal
                          F.H.Bagpuss
                          SeaBee
                          ChopinGal
                          dipsofjazz
                          1speed4Sam
                          Coley
                          ForeverSg1
                          Kliggins
                          Sue_the_Lurker
                          Polosmoothie
                          MajorSamFan
                          Rowan
                          GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Venue/time to be decided :
                          Kliggins
                          F.H.Bagpuss
                          dipsofjazz
                          SeaBee
                          gatebee
                          Rowan
                          ForeverSg1
                          Mr.ForeverSg-1
                          Mal (subject to commitments)

Venue : Hotel Bistro,if poss ?

Comment

Ta for reposting the Rollcalls.Are Gipsy and junior definite now ?

Right : I've been wondering about the Get-together meal.Can you lovely Gabit-goers,who haven't stated your preference yet, let me know on-thread (or by pm),if you're happy to eat at the Bistro ?

(I'm thinking it may be a good idea to get the table reserved as soon as we agree on numbers...we won't be the only group booking in advance.)

Also : have any of you got nut/shellfish allergies,lactose intolerance, or anything else of a medical nature that the staff need to be made aware of when I book ?
                            (Thought I'd best ask asap ! )

To anyone lurking,who's thinking about buying/has bought a day pass for the Convention Saturday/Sunday : Come join the thread.

Comment

Ta for reposting the Rollcalls.Are Gipsy and junior definite now ?
                              Yep they are definate. LOL i've told GG that baby might have more attention than her!

Right : I've been wondering about the Get-together meal.Can you lovely Gabit-goers,who haven't stated your preference yet, let me know on-thread (or by pm),if you're happy to eat at the Bistro ?
                              I'll be happy to eat at the Bristo. But I'm not sure if i'll be working. I'll email the woman i'm room sharing, to see if she would like to join us. If thats ok with everyone else.

Comment

Yep they are definate. LOL i've told GG that baby might have more attention than her!
                                Good-oh !
                                As for babe,it'll be lovely to meet the little chappie.We can take turns distracting him ,while Gipsy gets a breather to eat her food, at least !

I'll be happy to eat at the Bristo. But I'm not sure if i'll be working. I'll email the woman i'm room sharing, to see if she would like to join us. If thats ok with everyone else.
                                No problem,Mal,go ahead and ask her.Just let us know her name and drinkie prefs,if she says yes, and Kliggins and I can add her onto the Meet-up lists.
                                As for yourself getting a chance to sit down and eat,I suppose you won't know until the day how much time you'll have.

I'm thinking an early-ish time for the meal.Con scheds permitting for us all ?

Comment

Working...
                                X