GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Wow ... this disco party is really taking shape ... I can just see our GW group now!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ChorusLine.jpg
    Well, at least those dresses will hide my saddlebags.

Great pic CG
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      Thanks, and I promise to be good !

(Love the jumping Dino..cute little fella ! )
      May I have that promise on tape please.
      sigpic

Comment

Now,Kliggs,would that be on audio,video...or duct tape ?

(At least if I duct-tape my mouth ,I can't say anything flippant,fannish or plain stupid to Amanda... )
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Well my husband finally came home from a two week business trip to Australia last night. I asked him about the group dinner and he's all for it. He said he's ok either having dinner on his own or tagging along. More than likely he'd just sit in the corner and play with his PSP while I chat.

Kat

Comment

Great to know you both can make the Get-together meal .
            I've edited him into the list and he'll be most welcome,I assure you...especially if he brings the PSP along !

*Sigh* Boys and toys.My Hubby wants to know if he can take our son's Nintendo DS too.I just know this is an excuse to buy another game ....

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
              Drinks List at Gabit:

Kat: Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water
              FHB: DC with ice, iced mocha (holy cow, a Brit that wants ice)
              Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade (though I dout it will be ice as the lemonade at Gatecon!)with ice in coke or lemonade!
              CG: Rum, diet coke, wine
              Seabee: Cider, Strongbow; iced coffee.

Sorry Kat, bad list keeping.
              I don't know how I've managed to miss the drinks list! I'll have a Guinness (or two!), and I'm quite partial to dark rum and coke (with a wee bit of ice!).

Does this mean that Kligs is buying the first round?
              sigpic

Comment

Apparently,yes .
                I'll get the second round....which will include a Guinness for me too.

Any ideas on what music to ask for on the DJ link,Bev ? Anyone else ?

Have a look ...
                http://beatniksdisco.proboards40.com...ead=1104660095
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 August 2005, 04:15 PM. Reason: fixing link !

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  I don't know how I've managed to miss the drinks list! I'll have a Guinness (or two!), and I'm quite partial to dark rum and coke (with a wee bit of ice!).

Does this mean that Kligs is buying the first round?
                  *sigh* Yes Bev, this means I am buying the first round.

Revised Drink List

Bev: Guinness, rum and coke.
                  ForeverSG1 (Kat): Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water.
                  FHB: DC with ice, iced mocha.
                  Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade.
                  CG: Rum, diet coke, wine.
                  Seabee: Cider, Strongbow; iced coffee.

Woohoo Kat! Three cheers for Mr. ForeverSG1; would he like to place a drink order.
                  Last edited by Kliggins; 15 August 2005, 06:11 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Apparently,yes .

Any ideas on what music to ask for on the DJ link,Bev ? Anyone else ?

Have a look ...
                    http://beatniksdisco.proboards40.com...ead=1104660095
                    That is a great list. Maybe Jive Talking by the BeeGees or anything from the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack.

I will have to do some research since I couldn't possibly be old enough to know any of these songs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Apparently,yes .
                      I'd give anything to send along a person with a camera to snap a pic of you guys after you all finish buying rounds of drinks for each other...

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                        I'd give anything to send along a person with a camera to snap a pic of you guys after you all finish buying rounds of drinks for each other...
                        I can't imagine why; it would be very boring since we will all be the picture of sobriety.
                        sigpic

Comment

That is a great list. Maybe Jive Talking by the BeeGees or anything from the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack.
                          *Nods* I quite like some of the BeeGees's oldies.Ah,memories of the 70's !
                          The better memories include....Chic Corporation !!
                          Must request "Le Freak" if nobody else does .
                          I will have to do some research since I couldn't possibly be old enough to know any of these songs.
                          Yeah..right !
                          Originally posted by Seshat
                          ROTFL ! I was just thinking we might start a new dance craze if we overdo the refreshments,or mix our drinkies .
                          Wonder if reeling around in circles,blindly groping at other dancers,singing loudly to every song ,and finally ending up gripping onto the floor to keep the room steady,might cause offence to other Gabit-Goers ?
                          I can't imagine why; it would be very boring since we will all be the picture of sobriety.
                          If I were American,I'd be definitely pleading the "5th"....*Cough*

Anyway..time to do the Countdown.
                          74 days to Gabit !
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 August 2005, 12:45 AM. Reason: Mal gave me *one* little job..and I nearly forgot !:D

Comment

Must request "Le Freak" if nobody else does .
                            I have heard of that "Le Freak" song. Sounds like it would be a great addition.

If I were American,I'd be definitely pleading the "5th"....*Cough*
                            I can't imagine why you would have to plead the fifth. I am sure all GW's going to Gabit will behave in the proper manner that the occasion warrants. .
                            sigpic

Comment

I have heard of that "Le Freak" song. Sounds like it would be a great addition.
                              I'll nominate that later.
                              Along with a few others on my personal feelgood list.
                              Need to check some titles/artists first.
                              My inner evil imp is inclined to request the Smurf Song or Agadoo..but no.I wish to survive the disco !
                              I can't imagine why you would have to plead the fifth. I am sure all GW's going to Gabit will behave in the proper manner that the occasion warrants. .
                              Define " proper manner ".
                              Of course we'll behave ourselves...for if we don't, we shall feel rotten on the Sunday morn.

Comment

I'll nominate that later.
                                Along with a few others on my personal feelgood list.
                                Need to check some titles/artists first.
                                My inner evil imp is inclined to request the Smurf Song or Agadoo..but no.I wish to survive the disco !

The Smurf Song!!!! You nominate that and I am not hanging out with you. Why don't you suggest the H.R. Pufnstuff theme while you are at it.

Define " proper manner ".
                                Um.....er.....ah......I will have to get back to you on that one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X