GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kliggins
    I think a few of us are planning to skip the disco this year and prop up the bar. I do think Bev is going to dance for us though.
    i think there's probably more than a few. disco's ain't big at all on this side of the pond

Us non-pink frumps are gonna wear blue
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Blue? That's more like it
      LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
        Doubt it

I noticed an advert for peanut butter flavour kit kats the other day and thought of Seabee and Baggie...wonder if the peanutbutter flavour twixes will make it into our shops as well?
        Just in case they don't make into your shops, they are on my list.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
          Doubt it

I noticed an advert for peanut butter flavour kit kats the other day and thought of Seabee and Baggie...wonder if the peanutbutter flavour twixes will make it into our shops as well?
          Flippy, nice to see you again!

I think I will probably be joining you in the bar this year as well. I normally try to leave making an as..erm spectacle of myself to the privacy of my own home. I find it's easier to deal with all the heckling when it's members of my own family because then I don't feel so bad about bopping people upside the head.

I can bring a bunch of goodies this year, too. Just start making a list of things you would like. I know Kliggins is bringing stuff as well. I should take a tour of some of the companies we have nearby. I hear they tend to give away lots of goodies. It's hard to believe that Cadbury's US Headquarters is less than 10mins away from my house, but I had to attend Gabit to learn about a Curly Wurly.

Comment

that sounds like fun. i am SOOOOO not a dancer and pretty much figured that the disco would be sitting at a table/standing against the wall watching other less inibiited folks have fun. the noise also gets to me, gives me a headache

we Frumps can all meet up in the bar and chill out. (presuming of course that you don't mind someone else crashing your party)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              that sounds like fun. i am SOOOOO not a dancer and pretty much figured that the disco would be sitting at a table/standing against the wall watching other less inibiited folks have fun. the noise also gets to me, gives me a headache

we Frumps can all meet up in the bar and chill out. (presuming of course that you don't mind someone else crashing your party)
              I do medieval dance, but that's about it.

Frumps in blue, eh? I can do that!

My LJ

Comment

Frumps are Us!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Can I join the wallflower brigade? I'm very self conscious at discos and out clubbing etc, and only dance if a ridiculous amount of alcohol has been consumed, or if I'm with friends who are being crazy too.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ok, who all wants to join the Blue Wallflower Brigade???? (again, im still presuming that forever won't mind us tagging along with her, if she does, we'll maybe have a room party or something)

Those of us that don't do pink, disco or dance can hang together and have some fun. chitting, chatting, getting to know each other.

sigpic

Comment

This going to sound really lame, but I feel totally left out...I wasn't lucky enough to attend GABIT last year, so I truly have NO idea what to expect. I can't dance (for medical reasons), so are the non-dancers going to "prop" up the bar instead? If that's the case, I'm a very good "propper". Unfortunately, my tolerance for alcohol is low, so if I get a tad tipsy, please don't hold anything I say or do against me, and please, return me to my room, preferably unwrapped.

Any advice on what to bring would greatly appreciated.This is the party of a lifetime for me. I get to see London again and Amanda.....bliss.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I'm not a disco person either, but just because I prefer to hang out in the bar and chat with the gang doesn't make anyone a frump. It means we are drunkards genteel folks who enjoy a slight libation to wet our whistle whilst discussing the fun and frivolity of the events of the day. *cheers*
                        Last edited by dipsofjazz; 01 April 2006, 03:46 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey... everyone in Samanda knows... if you want me..... you'll find me at the bar. LOL

No, I'm kidding. I actually drink very little. But I do enjoy the "going out to bars" for the social aspect of it. Not sure I'll be doing much dancing either. I used to love it, but I was in my late teens, early twenties when I did. Now-a-days, having hit the big 3-0 (ahem) this year, I'm pickier about my willingness to embarass myself in public.

Either way, I'm sure we'll all have fun together.

Hugs All*****
                          the resident geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

ok, who all wants to join the Blue Wallflower Brigade???? (again, im still presuming that forever won't mind us tagging along with her, if she does, we'll maybe have a room party or something)

Those of us that don't do pink, disco or dance can hang together and have some fun. chitting, chatting, getting to know each other.
                            Heck yeah the more the merrier! Besides the way that the hotel at Gabit is set up, the bar is actually just an extended part of the lobby. It's all opens up. The nice thing about this Marriott opposed to the Hilton for those of you who went to last weeks Vancouver Con is that the lobby is actually quite large with lots of seating. Last year it was packed most of the time with Amanda fans chatting excitedly about the days events.

That or I found this really cool pub/restaurant about a half mile from the hotel that has amazing food. We could all go there for dinner and drinks on Saturday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Heck yeah the more the merrier! Besides the way that the hotel at Gabit is set up, the bar is actually just an extended part of the lobby. It's all opens up. The nice thing about this Marriott opposed to the Hilton for those of you who went to last weeks Vancouver Con is that the lobby is actually quite large with lots of seating. Last year it was packed most of the time with Amanda fans chatting excitedly about the days events.

That or I found this really cool pub/restaurant about a half mile from the hotel that has amazing food. We could all go there for dinner and drinks on Saturday evening.
                              Hey, that sounds like fun! Sign me up!!
                              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                              Hic Comitas Regit
                              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Count me in the blue

I've never been much of a dancer - one of the reasons I joined the band.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X