No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kliggins... I think that's a very old cocktail party list, because both minigeek and I are coming to the cocktail party now!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I just had to stop in to make a quick post to thank the G4 for utterly ruining my future con experiences. Gabit was my introduction to Stargate cons and I had such an amazing time that I didn't truly realize what a unique experience it was until this past weekend when I attended the Vancouver Creation Con. As much as I loved seeing Amanda again, the one thing that kept going through my head was, 'What's going on??? The lines didn't look like a Disneyland ride at Gabit!'

I even tried clicking my heels together three times and chanting,
      "There's no place like Gabit. There's no place like Gabit," but it didn't work.

I'm ruined I tell you.

Kat
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 29 March 2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG
        *You're* scared!

When I stopped laughing ('cos my ribs hurt) I suddenly got a mental image of 'little' ol' me in a mini-skirt - not a pretty sight

Mumsey
        Wishing GateGipsy a very happy birthday. My, we do have a lot of birthdays to celebrate at this time of the year. All that cake won't do our efforts at being somewhat lesser folk in November, a lot of good.
        My thoughts exactly. Thank goodness for virtual cake. It only looks fattening.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 29 March 2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fairygnomes
          Just to say a big "HELLOOOOOOO!" to all the lovely peeps we met at Creation Con this weekend who are coming to Gabit. Yes, that includes the girls at our table for the Dessert Party (whose names I don't remember, sorry!) who are 'hoping' to come but have already sorted out the room sharing!! You'd better be there...

If anyone found any flyers for Gabit lying around the lift lobbies, that was us! And we did some serious covert ops to avoid all the Creation security dudes, let me tell you!!

So, great to meet you and see you *all* < looks stern > in November!!

Ruthie xx
          Hey I found one of those. You did a great job. I was wondering why they were advertising Gabit at the Creation convention.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I just had to stop in to make a quick post to thank the G4 for utterly ruining my future con experiences. Gabit was my introduction to Stargate cons and I had such an amazing time that I didn't truly realize what a unique experience it was until this past weekend when I attended the Vancouver Creation Con. As much as I loved seeing Amanda again, the one thing that kept going through my head was, 'What's going on??? The lines didn't look like a Disneyland ride at Gabit!'

I'm ruined I tell you. I'll never truly be able to enjoy another con again.

Kat
            I can totally relate Kat. Burbank last summer was my first con experience and from what I was told the guests and pace were much more relaxed than Vancouver. I had a wonderful time at the Burbank con, but I had a spectacular time at Gabit.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              After talking with some folks in Vancouver about GABIT I wished even more that I was not a band director because football games in November would keep me from being able to attend. Well I arrived home to find the fall schedule in my box and guess what is the only weekend in November that I have free?

Well did you guess? YES that is right the weekend of GABIT is the only free weekend in Nov. So I checked flights and there is a flight out of LA that would allow me to fly Thursday night and fly back Monday so I only need to miss two days of work.

Bottom line add another Californian to the list.
              Woo! I knew that cd filled with subliminal messages about Gabit that I placed under your bed in Vancouver would eventually do the job.

MUHAHAHAHA

One Samandan down, a dozen or so more to go.

Comment

After talking with some folks in Vancouver about GABIT I wished even more that I was not a band director because football games in November would keep me from being able to attend. Well I arrived home to find the fall schedule in my box and guess what is the only weekend in November that I have free?

Well did you guess? YES that is right the weekend of GABIT is the only free weekend in Nov. So I checked flights and there is a flight out of LA that would allow me to fly Thursday night and fly back Monday so I only need to miss two days of work.

That's great!

My LJ

Comment

Woo! I knew that cd filled with subliminal messages about Gabit that I placed under your bed in Vancouver would eventually do the job.

MUHAHAHAHA

One Samandan down, a dozen or so more to go.
                  I'm working on getting Spaz.

What's Oooober's excuse?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Kliggins... I think that's a very old cocktail party list, because both minigeek and I are coming to the cocktail party now!
                    Done
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm ruined I tell you.

Kat
                      I'm sorry...I think <vbg> and thank you for the lovely comment.

Julia
                      G4
                      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

That is wonderful news Nora! Kel and I will at last be able to meet you
                        And as the others have said, GABIT is like no other con, it's well worth the trip.

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by t_2
                          That is wonderful news Nora! Kel and I will at last be able to meet you
                          And as the others have said, GABIT is like no other con, it's well worth the trip.

Tracy
                          Hi Tracy,

I do look forward to meeting you and Kel. I have tried posting on the AT board but I have not been able to get on for a few days.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

231 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                              But Matt, I'd so enjoy to see you in pink...!
                              Ist dirs Gehirn in dein Hintern gerutscht? Auf gar keinen Fall wurde ich in Rosen sein! LOL
                              Last edited by Matt G; 30 March 2006, 01:32 PM.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Ach, komm Matt! Ist nur ein Abend, und es macht gar kein Spass wenn nur manchen in Rosen kommen. Vielleicht kannst du einfach eine Krawatte oder wat finden? Bitte?
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X