GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Hey, I just thought of something. I thought I read somewhere that you can have a group shot with Amanda if you so chose; however it uses your free photo (not positive about this or not). If anyone is interested, Id be more than willing to use my photo time to get one of us all together with Amanda. Honestly, I think I would be a tad too nervous to get a picture with her alone.
    Okay, I caved in and registered during an early morning surf before the work really starts today so I can answer any questions if Becky's not around - depends which one of us sees it first,but this way you'll all get a fast response.

In answer to the query about photographs. You all get one photograph with Amanda. If you decided to have a photograph with a friend or group of friends, then you would have to use your photograph opportunity and use hers/theirs as well to get this done. What would happen is that John, our photographer, would take as many shots of the same pose of the duo/group as there are people in the shot, so you both/all get a print. I hope this helps. The FAQ at the site has a lot of answers to questions but shout if you need. Please ensure that if you want this option, you make sure that one of the stewards in the room tells Becky, who is in charge of the Photograph/Autograph sessions and she will make sure John is aware when you actually get to your turn.

Okay off to do some work now.

Take care all,

Julia
    Gabit
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      I think that the G4 is meeting long into the evening this weekend to tighten up the rules and schedule of events. So there may be some changes in all that's been posted at their website so far. Let's see what develops around the picture taking.

Can you imagine smiling and posing with 300-400 people in one afternoon? And Amanda makes it look so natural; she seems to treat each fan in a respectful and special manner. You read this time and again - that Amanda made the fan feel so attended to, listened to. That's quite a gift - to possess that kind of gracious personality.

How many of you here have already met her in person? What was your first impression? And how many of you have been lucky enough to have had a photo taken with her already? Care to share your experience with us first-timers?!
      The first time I had a photo with her I cried. The second time I was fine..... This time i'm wondering if she'll notice my hair is longer....

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
        Okay, I caved in and registered during an early morning surf before the work really starts today so I can answer any questions if Becky's not around - depends which one of us sees it first,but this way you'll all get a fast response.

In answer to the query about photographs. You all get one photograph with Amanda. If you decided to have a photograph with a friend or group of friends, then you would have to use your photograph opportunity and use hers/theirs as well to get this done. What would happen is that John, our photographer, would take as many shots of the same pose of the duo/group as there are people in the shot, so you both/all get a print. I hope this helps. The FAQ at the site has a lot of answers to questions but shout if you need. Please ensure that if you want this option, you make sure that one of the stewards in the room tells Becky, who is in charge of the Photograph/Autograph sessions and she will make sure John is aware when you actually get to your turn.

Take care all,

Julia
        Gabit
        Hi Julia:

Thanks for stopping by and answering that question. It is much clearer to me now.
        sigpic

Comment

Take care all,

Julia
          Gabit
          HELLO!!! & welcome to Gateworld!!

76 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            Drinks List at Gabit:

CG: Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water
            FHB: DC with ice, iced mocha (holy cow, a Brit that wants ice)
            Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade (though I dout it will be ice as the lemonade at Gatecon!)with ice in coke or lemonade!

Next?
            Hmm, I think the Iced Mocha, tea, lemonade and water was my drink list. However, if it's CG's too then we have a much more in common than Amanda already

Kat

Comment

Take care all,

Julia
              Gabit
              Thanks for the information Julia.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Hmm, I think the Iced Mocha, tea, lemonade and water was my drink list. However, if it's CG's too then we have a much more in common than Amanda already

Kat
                LOL, Kat's right - it was her list! Methinks I may prefer a rum and diet coke or wine rather than lemonade!

Comment

Wow ... this disco party is really taking shape ... I can just see our GW group now!

Comment

Welcome Julia and Becky from GABIT4 ... thanks for stopping by and answering some of our questions! Please feel free to use this thread in addition to your own website www.gabitevents.co.uk

Some flowers for G4! We know you're working hard to make this a successful and memorable event!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                      Drinks List at Gabit:

CG: Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water
                      Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade (though I dout it will be ice as the lemonade at Gatecon!)with ice in coke or lemonade!

Next?
                      Cider for me, Strongbow preferably, but any other brand will do just as well. And an iced coffee.
                      Last edited by SeaBee; 14 August 2005, 03:28 PM. Reason: Argh. The curse strikes again!
                      sigpic

Comment

Drinks List at Gabit:

Kat: Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water
                        CG: Rum, diet coke, wine
                        Seabee: Cider, Strongbow; iced coffee.

Sorry Kat, bad list keeping.
                        sigpic

Comment

75 DAYS TO GO!!!!

FHB could you do tommorws? I've got a busy day after work. (((((hugs)))))

Comment

Of course I will ! (((((((((((((MAL))))))))))))))

Roll Call so far :
                            Attending the Convention :

Mal
                            F.H.Bagpuss
                            SeaBee
                            ChopinGal
                            dipsofjazz
                            1speed4Sam
                            Coley
                            ForeverSg1
                            Kliggins
                            Sue_the_Lurker
                            Polosmoothie
                            MajorSamFan
                            Rowan
                            GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy (?)

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Venue/time to be decided :
                            Kliggins
                            F.H.Bagpuss
                            dipsofjazz
                            SeaBee
                            gatebee
                            Rowan
                            ForeverSg1
                            Mr.ForeverSg-1
                            Mal (subject to commitments)

Venue : Hotel Bistro,if poss ?

Righto..Kliggins is keeping track of the drinks preferences. Thanks Julia for the additional info about group photos with Amanda. Good luck to you,Becky, and the other organisers !

ForeverSG1(Kat) and Kliggins : Add me in for a group photo with Amanda please .

ChopinGal : LOL at the pic you posted..not sure how near in appearance to those demure ladies we'll get at the Disco.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 August 2005, 03:04 PM. Reason: updating the list !
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.Bagpuss
                              ForeverSG1(Kat) and Kliggins : Add me in for a group photo with Amanda please .
                              Deal!
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, and I promise to be good !

(Love the jumping Dino..cute little fella ! )
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X