GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's definitely a bar at the hotel.

After 5 years of constant parent patrol,I think you and your Hubs deserve a medal,as well as a big drinkie !

*Now fancying an iced mocha*

ETA :
    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Hey, I just thought of something. I though I read somewhere where you can have a group shot with Amanda if you chose to do but it uses your free photo (not positive about this or not), but if we can I'd be willing to use my shot to get one of us all together with Amanda. Honestly I think I would be too nervous to get a picture with her alone.
    Good idea to have the Amanda + us all together shot taken.
    ((((((((((((Kat))))))))))))

There was something in the Gabit F.A.Q. about group shots with Amanda..I'll go check !
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 August 2005, 03:08 PM. Reason: Messed up + lost half of reply !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      ... I want to see you wearing a saddlebag. What a great picture to bring back and post on GW!
      Er ... my dear Kliggs, be careful of what you wish for! Some of us may be naturally endowed with saddlebags and no need to wear extras!

Originally posted by Kliggins
      (... Guess it is a good thing I do not work with numbers for a living)
      Not to fear, stalwart AT groupies ... we shall have Coley present, also known as the Royal Accountant and official Bean Counter of Samanda (SaGC). This woman thrives on crunching numbers ... give her a tan and black and she'll be at your beck and call! Well, maybe ...

And, BTW, Baggie, you keep mentioning "iced drinks" ... don't you Brits drink your beer warm though?
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 August 2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        I'm taking my spandex catsuit out of moth balls as we speak!
        Somehow a spandex catsuit and a banjo do not seem to fit into my frame of reference!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          ... Seriously though,we've got to get some group piccies at least ,to give CG (AKA Lois Lane) for her reports, and to frame lovingly and keep as mementoes !
          Oh, yes ... and I'll have my digital camera along as well. Golly, I may have to buy some kind of hat to wear with a "Press" card sticking out!!

In the meantime, thanks for the heads up about "internet access" and fees involved ... I'm sure this will all work out once we're there and everyone sets up for laptopping.

However, I do need to make a personal, ahem, professional disclosure. My lifelong motto has been "Never let truth get in the way of a good story!" See? That's why I know I'll make a perfect reporter!

Comment

... If anyone really doesn't want their photo taken,then it'd be wrong to coerce, bribe, or otherwise force the issue...not everyone wants to be snapped while eating/drinking/having a scratch or whatever !
            I'm fine with the eating and drinking, but I do draw the line at having a scratch!

My daughter will be with me and probably can take some of the group piccies so all GW and SaGC fans are duly represented.

Comment

Ok,I found what I was looking for re the official photos :

From the Gabit F.A.Q. (I hope it's ok,to post this.)
              "Can I have a group shot with my friends?
              Yes. Each person is allowed one photo to be taken with Amanda. If you want a shot with your friends/ family you can use up their photo allocation too. In these situations we will take multiple shots so everyone in the picture will get their own copy. Please note that we will endeavour to accommodate everyone's wishes, but that we may have to amend this policy on the day and only allow single photographs."

Now,the way I read that paragraph,if anyone wants a pic of just themselves with Amanda,then they won't be able to be in the group shot with her as well.
              Also,if there's a reason the organisers and photographer can't fit in our group photo,then we'll all have to go for two-shots with AT instead.
              Fair enough,imo .

(We can take our own informal and Amanda-less photos of each other, or do a few group shots at the Sat get-together,etc, of course.)

Comment

Yes. Each person is allowed one photo to be taken with Amanda. If you want a shot with your friends/ family you can use up their photo allocation too. In these situations we will take multiple shots so everyone in the picture will get their own copy. Please note that we will endeavour to accommodate everyone's wishes, but that we may have to amend this policy on the day and only allow single photographs."

Now,the way I read that paragraph,if anyone wants a pic of just themselves with Amanda,then they won't be able to be in the group shot with her as well.
                Also,if there's a reason the organisers and photographer can't fit in our group photo,then we'll all have to go for two-shots with AT instead.
                Fair enough,imo .

(We can take our own informal and Amanda-less photos of each other, or do a few group shots at the Sat get-together,etc, of course.)
                I think that the G4 is meeting long into the evening this weekend to tighten up the rules and schedule of events. So there may be some changes in all that's been posted at their website so far. Let's see what develops around the picture taking.

Can you imagine smiling and posing with 300-400 people in one afternoon? And Amanda makes it look so natural; she seems to treat each fan in a respectful and special manner. You read this time and again - that Amanda made the fan feel so attended to, listened to. That's quite a gift - to possess that kind of gracious personality.

How many of you here have already met her in person? What was your first impression? And how many of you have been lucky enough to have had a photo taken with her already? Care to share your experience with us first-timers?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  BTW, Baggie, you keep mentioning "iced drinks" ... don't you Brits drink your beer warm though?
                  Some Brits do ,but not me . I hate room-temp drinks with a passion.My Husband used to drink "Real Ales" at Folk nights,and used to offer me a sip,but I never grew to like the taste of warm beer.
                  I do like some beers and stouts,esp Guinness,but it has to be cold !

Somehow a spandex catsuit and a banjo do not seem to fit into my frame of reference!
                  Ah,but our Bev is a leader of Jazz chic !
                  (Ok,maybe not the catsuit and the banjo at the same time during the disco..unless the DJ plays "Cotton-Eye Joe". )

However, I do need to make a personal, ahem, professional disclosure. My lifelong motto has been "Never let truth get in the way of a good story!" See? That's why I know I'll make a perfect reporter!
                  ROTFL ! At least you'll be pro-SG and Amanda in particular.
                  Got to get you a "Boonie"...or a trilby ?

I'm fine with the eating and drinking, but I do draw the line at having a scratch!
                  Some of us may not be quite so *cough* delicate....*Looks meaningfuly at oblivious Hubby *His beard has got to go by October !
                  My daughter will be with me and probably can take some of the group piccies so all GW and SaGC fans are duly represented.
                  Wow..excellent and v kind offer.Cool ! You can double team as reporter and photographer on the Sat/Sun evenings ,if you get time after writing/sending your CT Party "Copy" .
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 August 2005, 04:24 PM. Reason: missed a bit as usual...;)

Comment

Fair enough,imo .

Hmm, the way I look at it, if you do the group shot you are actually ending up spending more time getting to chat with Amanda. If each person gets to spend a minute with her while taking a photo and a group of 8 people do it together. They will take the time to do eight different shots with Amanda, thus increasing everyone's time with her to eight minutes instead of just one. But then again, I'm sure most people( those non-chickens like myself ) will actually enjoy having that one on one time with Amanda. It was just a thought.

Comment

I think that the G4 is meeting long into the evening this weekend to tighten up the rules and schedule of events. So there may be some changes in all that's been posted at their website so far. Let's see what develops around the picture taking.
                      No probs.They'll have to do whatever's best for everyone,including Amanda herself .
                      Hmm, the way I look at it, if you do the group shot you are actually ending up spending more time getting to chat with Amanda. If each person gets to spend a minute with her while taking a photo and a group of 8 people do it together. They will take the time to do eight different shots with Amanda, thus increasing everyone's time with her to eight minutes instead of just one. But then again, I'm sure most people( those non-chickens like myself ) will actually enjoy having that one on one time with Amanda. It was just a thought.
                      I see what you mean. Good idea as long as the session won't overrun too badly.
                      We can decide properly,once the organisers decide their strategy.
                      In the meantime,hold that thought !

Comment

Hey, I just thought of something. I thought I read somewhere that you can have a group shot with Amanda if you so chose; however it uses your free photo (not positive about this or not). If anyone is interested, Id be more than willing to use my photo time to get one of us all together with Amanda. Honestly, I think I would be a tad too nervous to get a picture with her alone.
                        I would be thrilled *waves hands enthusiastically* to use my photo op for a group shot too. Seriously. I was not planning to use it and it will just go to waste. So if the opportunity is there, mine is most definitely available.
                        Last edited by Kliggins; 13 August 2005, 06:35 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          I'm taking my spandex catsuit out of moth balls as we speak!
                          .... ....

(runs to corner and covers eyes )
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                            its ok. Best not get FHB worry to much
                            I promise to keep the countdown nagging in check.

Originally posted by Seren Lwch (Mal)
                            Yeah that works good job the clocks dont change before that weekend!!!
                            Yes, thank goodness. I would be totally lost then. I would need a guide the whole time I am there.

Thanks for scoop on the hotel Mal. Have it printed out and in my Gabit folder now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Er ... my dear Kliggs, be careful of what you wish for! Some of us may be naturally endowed with saddlebags and no need to wear extras!
                              I already know everybody looks great! I just want to meet you all and have a fun time with Amanda. I will be bringing my own pair of saddlebags and a few extra. *sigh*

Not to fear, stalwart AT groupies ... we shall have Coley present, also known as the Royal Accountant and official Bean Counter of Samanda (SaGC). This woman thrives on crunching numbers ... give her a tan and black and she'll be at your beck and call! Well, maybe ...
                              Three cheers for Coley!

Originally posted by F.H. Bagapus
                              ROTFL ! At least you'll be pro-SG and Amanda in particular.
                              Got to get you a "Boonie"...or a trilby ?
                              No please, *whimpers* not a boonie!!!!!

Originally posted by F.H.Bagpuss
                              Mwahahaha !! Nice try ! If I've got to face any accursed cameras,then you can too...
                              Okay. *sticks tongue out*

I would also be happy to contribute for internet access.

Bistro sounds great. Please no McDonalds. *gets on knees and begs*
                              Last edited by Kliggins; 13 August 2005, 07:11 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Drinks List at Gabit:

CG: Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water
                                FHB: DC with ice, iced mocha (holy cow, a Brit that wants ice)
                                Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade (though I dout it will be ice as the lemonade at Gatecon!)with ice in coke or lemonade!

Next?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X